/ THE RELIGION

THE DRAGON'S QUEST / APPLY OPEN!
do not change the size 500*240

The establIshed universe: religion

 

Introduction: the Guardians

The Guardians refer to the five auspicious beasts that rule over the land. They are first summoned from the Heavens by the Chosen Ones, a band of Ancients who fought in the Great War. With the collective efforts of the Chosen Ones and the Guardians, the Shadow Dragon was finally defeated and sealed. After the Great War, the Yellow Dragon put the Five Guardians in charge of the land, with one guarding one Kingdom in each direction. The Guardians are also aided by lieutenant dragons, supposedly offspring of the Yellow Dragon, to aid them in their duties. The people of each Kingdom worship their respective Guardians and pray for protection every year in an annual festival held in their honour. Every five years, there will be the revealing and crowning of the Chosen Warriors, who would fight battles in honour of their Guardians, though now it is a formality rather than an honour. The Chosen Warriors are supposedly torch-bearers of the roles of the Chosen Ancient Ones who had fought in the Great War, though because there have been peace ever since, there are no battles, and instead, only drownings. Until now.

replace with face claim 100*100

the supreme guardian : the Yellow dragon

The Yellow Dragon was known to be the Emperor of All Creatures, and was said to be born at the dawn of the world and had guarded over it ever since. He first appeared in the records during the war with the Shadow Dragon, when the Ancients were still alive. After the Shadow Dragon was defeated, he put in place the Five Guardians that are now known as the auspicious beasts, as well as their lieutenants, five smaller dragons, and the Death God Yan Luo to prevent the re-awakening of the Shadow Dragon. After the Great War (the term coined and referring to the war between the Shadow Dragon and the Emperor of Darkness against the Yellow Dragon, the Guardians and the chosen warriors), the Yellow Dragon has disappeared ever since. Prophecies had declared him to appear in times of great peril, though he has not yet done so ever since the olden days. Now he is but a myth preserved in the history books, and worshipped as a legend. The Holy Emperors are said to have descended from him directly. Moreover, the Yellow Dragon is also said to be the guardian of the sixth and unknown Kingdom, lost and never found, though it is but a rumour. 

replace with face claim 100*100

Guardian of the south : the Vermilion bird

The Vermilion Bird is the Guardian of the Southern Kingdom, and holds the power of the element of fire. Chosen Ones by the Vermilion Bird usually inherit its powers of fire, and are characterised by their skilled usage of fire, or immunity to its harmful effects. The Vermilion Bird also symbolises summer, and as a result affects the climate of the Southern Kingdom as well. The Vermilion Bird is said to be the most friendly out of the Five Guardians, and often visits whomever was in charge of its shrine, as well as show itself to the warriors it approves of, according to existing records. 

replace with face claim 100*100

Guardian of the West: the White tiger

The White Tiger is the Guardian of the Western Kingdom, and holds the power of the element of wood. Chosen Ones by the White Tiger may possess powers of nature, which may also extend to the human body. They often display powers such as healing, or growing of nature, but could also destroy them. Because of the deadly nature of the White Tiger, Chosen Ones also adapt to their nature environments very easily and could fight without hesitation. However, the White Tiger is also a symbol of wisdom, as well as luck, and many warriors seek out to form bonds of trust with their allies and enemies instead of fighting. Warriors of the White Tiger prefer to be prepared for everything that could happen, just in case. It is widely known that the White Tiger prefer the method of 'tough training'. As a result, it will only appear in times of great peril, to aid the Chosen Warriors. 

replace with face claim 100*100

guardian of the north: the black turtle

The Black Turtle is the Guardian of the Northern Kingdom, and holds the power of the element of water. Chosen Ones by the Black Turtle control different forms of water, and also have the ability to control natural elements related to water, such as ice and snow (because of the cold climate of the North). They will also be able to control water. The Black Turtle is also called the Black Warrior, and is composed of a turtle with a serpent for a tail, both of which represent longetivity. As a result, the Northern people train their children from a young age to endure the cold weather, and warriors from the North are known for their resilience and toughness, and thus would become skilled assassins, as well as spies. Like the White Tiger, the Black Turtle prefer the mthod of 'tough training', and rarely ever appears. It will appear as it likes, causing the Chosen Ones to learn they should never rely on their Guardian.

replace with face claim 100*100

guardian of the east: the azure dragon

The Azure Dragon is the Guardian of the Eastern Kingdom, and holds the power of the element of metal, or gold, as some legends say. Regardless of which, Chosen Warriors may have the power to control metal, or summon gold from the depths of the earth. Generally, however, Chosen Warriors with such powers only appear during certain eras, and only then, one of the three. Being the holder of knowledge and magic, Chosen Warriors learn the craft of magic from an early age, and would be able to wield it skillfully. Unfortunately, because of the strong nature of magic, warriors usually would be able to wield only one type of magic at a time, such as the ability of prophecy, and excluding the control of elements. Any type of magic involving necromacy is also strictly prohibited. The Azure Dragon is fond of its Chosen Warriors, and like the Vermilion Bird, visits whom was in charge of its shrine, and was said to appear to warriors whom it approves of, to prove their worth. 

replace with face claim 100*100

Guardian of draconia: the horned qilin

The Horned Qilin is the Guardian of the Center Kingdom, also known as Draconia. It holds the power of the element of the earth, which refers to the entirerity of the Five Kingdoms and the Territories Beyond. Chosen Warriors by the Horned Qilin generally do not retain powers of the earth, and instead are a mixture of all the occupations the Five Kingdoms possess. Some families came to Draconia from other Kingdoms, and may also possess the powers of the respective Kingdoms. Moreover, the Chosen Warriors usually serve the Holy Emperor, who is said to be the personification of the Yellow Dragon on earth. Being the symbol of an illustrious ruler, the Qilin appears only when it wishes to, at the beginning of a favourable reign. 

 

title: other deities

Besides the Guardians, who serve as the main deities and protectors of the Five Kingdoms, there are also other deities in the religion of the Five Kingdoms and the Territories Beyond. While they are worshipped from time to time, the other deities are not regarded as too important, and those who worship them do so out of their own will (it is generally insisted upon that the people worship the Guardians, regardless of whether they liked it or not). 

replace with face claim 100*100

lieutenants: the other dragons

Besides the Five Guardians, the Yellow Dragon had also put in place five other smaller dragons, as lieutenants of the Five Guardians. They appear more frequently than their masters, and carry out lesser tasks such as appearing at Festivals beside the Crowning to show the people of their support. They are said to be offspring of the Yellow Dragon, though there is no proof of such. This theory, however, is generally accepted. 

 the fenghuang

Said to be the consort of the Yellow Dragon, the Fenghuang is also named the 'Phoenix' amongst other cultures. The Fenghuang is guardian of unities between men and women, and the relationships between people. It is also the protector of females, and guardian of chastity, and is also worshipped as the protector of young girls. It is often mentioned that those who goes against the will of the Fenghuang would have hellfire rained upon them, or something similar. Females from the Five Kingdoms and those who know of the Fenghuang in the Territories Beyond worship the Fenghuang for their protection, and maybe for the hope of a fruitful marriage as well.  

replace with face claim 100*100

goddess of the sea: mazu

Mazu, the Goddess of the Sea, is depicted as a young and youthful girl, as well as an old and wise woman sometimes, on statues in the temples of the Southern Kingdom. Because the Southern Kingdom is near the sea, the Southern people may worship Mazu for protection in sea and calm waters. As a result, some Chosen Warriors may touch upon the good graces of the goddess and recieve powers of water, though this rarely happened, and so far there has been no accounts of such. Those who make a living upon the sea would turn to Mazu for protection and guidance. 

replace with face claim 100*100

goddess of the sun: xihe

The Goddess of the Sun is one of the celestial deities who are known throughout the Five Kingdoms and the Territories Beyond. Xihe is said to ride the chariot of the sun every day to bring about the rising of the sun. Farmers may worship Xihe for good weather, and an annual festival is held in honour of Xihe to thank her for the rising of the sun for each day. 

replace with face claim 100*100

goddess of the moon: chang'e

The Goddess of the moon is the other celestial deity who is known throughout the Five Kingdoms and the Territories Beyond. Chang'e is said to live on the moon, with her familiar the Jade Rabbit. She is worshipped every Autumn Festival, where the abundance of each harvest is shown and displayed by the farmers. Chang'e is also sometimes said to be the goddess of beauty and maidens, and young girls may pray to be blessed with beauty by her. 

replace with face claim 100*100

guardian of the seas: the sea dragon

The brother of the Yellow Dragon, he is the protector of the seas and all bodies of water. While Mazu is the protector of fishermen and all those who make their living on the seas, the sea dragon rules over all aspects of the sea, and the condition of the sea would reflect the sea dragon's moods. He is also the weather god, and controls all the aspects of the weather, which includes the snow and cold climate of the north. He is also the dispenser of rain, and farmers would also pray to him for their lands to be blessed with rains.