Chapter 16

Yes, Boss!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


One hour in the kimchi making, Leeteuk, Heechul and Mr.Lee finally done making a few basins of chilli paste for the napa cabbages.

Heechul finally saw like 400 to 500 napa cabbages or maybe more getting ready to be pickled with the paste.

“Woah this village will make kimchi that much each year?” Heechul asked to Leeteuk like he sincerely shocked about it.

“Yeah, each family will take around 10 to 20 cabbages to eat it for one year. If big family, sometimes they take 50. Our house always take like 10,” Heechul mouthed ‘O’ hearing Leeteuk’s explanation. This is his first time knowing about kimjang because he usually just buy kimchi in the mart.

“It must feel good to eat the kimchi that you made by yourself,” Mr Lee continued. 

“You should give your grandchildren to bring some to Seoul,” Leeteuk offered. Mr Lee smiled upon hearing it.

Sungkyung suddenly came bringing the tray full of vegetables that will be mixed together with the cabbages. Heechul cant help but to give a glare to her. Opposite of Heechul’s thought, Sungkyung didn’t care about his existence or to even notice his glare.

“Oh uri granddaughter, Sungkyung ah,” Mr Lee smiled seeing his sweet granddaughter came. “Are you okay, grandpa?” The girl asked concerned.

“It has been so long since I exercised so it feels good,” Mr Lee softly answered. Heechul was kind of unfamiliar to see Mr Lee like this.

Sungkyung slowly put everything on the tray to the basin the trio were handling. Accidentally there is one big half cut white radish sized of hand that probably Sungkyung didn’t realise get into the basin and caused the tiny thumb long chilli paste to splash onto Heechul’s face. 

Sungkyung shrieked out of shocked and covered . “I-I’m sorry, Hee-Heechul ssi. I-I didn’t notice there was big radish on the tray. I’m sorry,” 

Heechul couldn’t open his eyes since the paste was directly under his eyes. He almost getting annoyed and mad at the girl but thank god he still remembered Mr Lee was there. Leeteuk knowing Heechul’s personality, he got scared that Heechul gonna blow up at that moment but thankfully he acted rational by staying calm.

“Forget about it. Teukie or anyone please take off this paste before it burns my face the whole day,” Since Heechul is wearing glove covered with the chillies, he can’t wipe it using his hands. Sungkyung hurriedly goes look out for the tissue or cloth that can wipe the paste off.

Leeteuk immediately took off his gloves and roamed his body for anything that he can use to wipe it but unfortunately nothing good to use. Since he wears long sleeves, he wipes the chilli paste using it.

“Stay still,” Leeteuk made Heechul facing him. He closed his body to the younger, held his head with other hand to not make him move and wipes it off. 

“Is it gone?” Heechul asked when he felt Leeteuk’s cold fingers the part under his eyes.

“Yes, it’s gone. You better go wash your face with some soap or cold water to cool it off,” Leeteuk suggested. He helped the pretty man to take off his gloves and gave his arm to help Heechul stands up. Luckily Leeteuk did that because Heechul almost stumbled and he didn’t want the whole village to see Heechul sitting on his thigh again like incident a few days ago in his room.

Sungkyung finally came with some wet tissues. Well, to be exact, she saw when Leeteuk wiped off the paste using his sleeves and it made her stop looking for tissues and observed them from afar. The question that been roaming in her head since yesterday. Since when Leeteuk and Heechul were that close? How they can get closer than before, when he met Leeteuk every single day in the cafe?

As secretary or personal assistant, it seems to make sense to help remove the paste off his boss’ face, tying his hair, helping him up... hugging arms- or does it not? Sungkyung shakes off all the questions off her head and went back to them with the wet tissues.

“I’m... kinda late, I guess?” Sungkyung pretending to grin as Heechul already left his seat. Leeteuk smiled at him and took the wet tissues from her.

“Thank you Sungkyung ssi. I will take this, in case other things happened where I need it to save my boss as soon as possible,” Sungkyung kinda stunned when Leeteuk used words “save”. Oh, so she just now brought some danger to Heechul because of the paste?

“Hahaha. Or maybe you can use it to clean up your sleeves,” Leeteuk looked at his sleeves on the mentioned. He really needs to brush it off hard to get rid of the red colour there.

“It’s okay, I will do it later,” Leeteuk and Sungkyung smiled awkwardly to each other for no reason.

Mr Lee who had been observed these young people cannot help but to find Sungkyung was a bit hurt with Leeteuk? He thought Leeteuk and Sungkyung like each other. Is his prediction wrong or Leeteuk’s heart has changed?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally all the cabbages have been pickled with the help of almost all villagers. Now they will have a lunch together in the village hall with their fresh made kimchi.

Heechul walked together with Leeteuk since he still felt unfamiliar with the surrounding. Plus because he didn’t know how to socialise with the ahjummas, he tried to stick together with Leeteuk.

They had to queue to take their foods. ”But, Teuk-ah... hmm don’t you have any other proteins? You know I don’t really eat boiled pork.. and to be honest the kimchi too. I dont really like how pale and tangly the meat looks like and I feel like throwing up seeing it,” Heechul whispered low that only Leeteuk can hear it.

“The best main dishes to eat with freshly made kimchi for sure, a boiled pork. Just eat, because I don’t have any intention to cook for dinner tonight,” Heechul can only glare to his ex assistant.

He is a bit hesitate to take the boiled pork or ‘suyuk’ but Leeteuk who was in front of him put it in his plate. Bonus with the kimchi too. “Shut up and eat. You gonna hurt the ahjummas’ heart here,” Heechul sighed and prayed that he can eat it.

Leeteuk knows Heechul is a picky eater but that is because this rich boy was born with a silver spoon and been growing up in a wealthy family that his boss actually rarely- or never eat any traditional foods like today’s menu. He thought he had successfully adjusted Heechul’s love towards regular Korean food for the past one week but he guessed, his judgement is wrong.

Both of them get into the village hall and trying to find the table but then Heechul saw Mr Lee and his grandchildren together with Eunhyuk already reserved the sit for them. He tried his best to push Leeteuk to check out the table outside of the village hall because he really doesn’t want to eat together with Mr Lee or to be specific- with Sungkyung.

“Let-Let’s go out. I think the table in the hall already full,” Heechul pushed Leeteuk with his one hand to the outside while the other hand holding his plate.

“Why?” Leeteuk looked at him with a confused look.

“The tables are full here. Let’s check outside,”

“Noooo. It’s cold outside,” Leeteuk whined. Heechul cursed with his eyes when the older whined over it.

“Yah! Since when you are this spoiled! It’s not that cold outside,”

“Kim Heechul ssi, there are barely no one outside and I should be sitting with Hyuk right now. Plus the villagers probably looking for me,”

“Why they will be loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter