► ♪♫ 25 ♫♪ ◄

My Final Piece


"Even if involves Mina?"

Silence engulfed them.

For moments, he saw Chaeyoung's eyes widened as she froze. Jeongyeon released a chuckle and relaxed "i see."

"Uh-huh.. wait. What.. what do you mean with Mina?"
"Chaeyoung, i knew you were oblivious but not this oblivious?"
He chuckled

"What? What does it mean?- I- I can't understand! JEONGYEON! Tell me!" She pounced on top of him grabbing his collar

Jeongyeon did not utter a single word and waited for the young cub to calm herself down. He smiled waiting for her to think.

"Y-you like Mina.. dont you." Chaeyoung's grip slightly loosened from his collar. Her head hanged low and her eyes focused blankly onto him.

Jeongyeon's smile disappear, and averted his eyes as he saw the cub change reaction. He nodded, looking away from her. Chaeyoung completely dropped her hands in shock as she remained seated on top of him.

Chaeyoung completely dropped her hands in shock as she remained seated on top of him


Jeongyeon.. likes Mina.. I-I should be happy for him. Why is am I being like this. He finally moved on from.. Irene.. but.. why. Why does my heart ache from his words.
I felt devastated and could not release a word from my mouth. I need to be happy for him, but why do i feel like I wanna cry.

"Oh.. I see.." my throat felt dry "i am glad it is min-".

"But, she hates me"
"Huh..What do you mean.?"
"She hates my guts. She hates everything about me"
he sighed

"That is not true, she cares about you."
"As ICEY."
He chuckled and hanged his head low "I am just happy enough when she is happy you know.- it doesnt really-"

"You should tell he-"
"I did."
"Oh.- what did she say.?"
"She said she'll think about it."
"That's good.. at least you have a chance"

I tried to place a smile on my face, and I dont even know why is it affecting me. She is my roommate, my best friend, she sees me nothing more than that, i am just as equal as Sana and Momo to her. That is all!
I should be happy for my bestfriend. Both of the special people in my life will... are.. should be together.

I am happy.

"But." Jeongyeon mumbled as he carried me to a seat making me sit straight "I am just not going to push through."
"What do you mean."
"Because it is just fair if she should pick on her own right?"
He smiled

"You mean Bambam? You are way ahead of him. Geeze."
"No?"
"Then? What are you afraid of."

He smiled and i waited for his words once more. Jeongyeon is very precise and attentive. His observations are usually on point. And-

"Chaeyoung." His eyes pierced onto me

He scares me.

"Don't you like Mina too?"

 

***


"Ugh! I am home!" I shouted weakly dropping my bag onto the sofa and slumping over my room "hey.. Chaengie! I am sorry about- huh?"

The room is empty, and it seems like no one had gone here the whole day since we left. Huh.. is she working late tonight?

I quickly tried to call Jeongyeon, but his phone was busy- I was glad Dahyun answered tho.

"Dahyun. Have you seen Chaeyoung"
(Uh no. I went out with Nayeon unnie, and about to pick up Momo at the convenience store- is she not home?)
"No, and I cant contact Jeongyeon either"
(How bout try the bar?)
"Oh.. right. Thank you Dahyun."
(Sure- just let me know if you found her, we'll keep our eyes peeled)
"Thank you."

*drops*

Okay, Son Chaeyoung, where are you?

***

*loud music playing*

"Excuse me, ID?"
"Ah- here"
"Ah! Tora's customer."
"Y-yes."
"Ah, she is not here, maybe try coming back tomorrow?"
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, she messaged that she wont be here today, and make it up tomorrow- a lot of her customers came too, but they were all sent home. Unless you want to change hosts Miss..- Miyoui"
"Ah, no. I wont change hosts. Thank you."


"You are welcome." She bowed at me and I left the entrance door.

Where can she be, if she is not in the bar- what does she like.. think.. Dahyun's- ah no, Dahyun doesnt even know..
Jeongyeon's place probably? Ah! Medias might just be following me for all I care.. I'll.. I guess i'll just wait for her.

 

***

"Oy! Tora!"
"Yeah."
"That Miyoui girl you told us to hide you from- she came"
"She did? What did she want"
"You probably"
she laughed "but as you said,i told her to leave and that you are not here"
"T-thank you Zee."
"No probs- to think You are running away from a cute hottie like her., geeze"
"Nah, things just happened."
"She, seems depressed tho"
"What do you mean.."

"Poor girl, she seems like she needed company. I wonder what was her problem." I sighed and did not utter a word

I think she is bummed about Bambam. I just can't face her, I dont know why. I know I lied. But thinking about what Jeongyeon said.. it's just not right...

No.. he is completely wrong

~~
"Don't you like Mina too?"

"W-What are you on about! Of course I don't! Maybe as a friend"
"Stop lying Chae"
"I am not! Mina is nothing but a best friend and a Roommate."


"Are you sure about that?"
"Yeah? I don't think of her any other way-"
"Like wanting to hug her?"
"N-no."
"Hold her"
"No."
"Kiss her"


"N-No.."
"Or even getting jealous of seeing her with anyone else but you?"
"O-of course not.."


"I see." He smiled and pulled his face away from Chaeyoung "You're being in denial.."
"Jeongyeon! I have no feelings for Mina. At all!"


"Are you 100% sure about that?"
"YES!! Positive!"
"Then.. you don't mind me taking her?"

"N-no.. why should I mind.?- go ahead you two deserve each other."
"I guess so- just making sure. Because.. if you tell me right now that Mina means nothing to you. I will go all the way and make her mine"

"Yeah! She is just a mere best friend to me"
"Okay then.. i guess I won't hold back"
He monotonously said, releasing a sigh and plopped his body back onto his sofa
~~

She doesn't mean anything more than a friend to me. Nothing more.

Nothing..

Mina.. N-No..

You are just nothing..

 

***

Casacades chirping in the morning can be heard through the window, and the sun shining bright onto me


Casacades chirping in the morning can be heard through the window, and the sun shining bright onto me. My eyes squinted trying to get a clear vision of my surrounding.

"Ah.. Chaeyoung's not here yet." I sighed and wondered where could have she gone to.

I really hope she is okay. I just..- i think it is my fault. I shouldve not shouted at her like that..

*thud*

Huh? Someone's outside- wait. Chaeyoung? She just got home?

I immediately jolted up and stood, trying to grab the door's handle as i saw it open from the other side.

"Ah. Minari. You are awake"
"C-Chaeyoung!"
I hugged her immediately grabbing her. "Omy god! i am so sorry! i swear! I wont shout at you ever again! I promise!"
She chuckled and smiled humbly. "Is.. is everything okay?"

"Y-yeah." She quietly mumbled. I think i made her sad.. did i?
"Y-you just got home? From where? I went to your-"
"I know.- i am sorry. I told them to not let you in."
"Why did you do th-"
"Because I dont want to see you yet."
"Are you mad at me?"
"No. Are you mad at me?"
"Never.. i mean yeah, but not anymore"

"Okay, then i guess we are good" she smiled humbly at me.

I know it's not the right timing, but I thought I lost her. I really thought I would lose a best friend.

"Ah! I bought breakfast Minari"
"T-thank you."


I watched her, prepare food and take care of me, I am sorry. i am really lucky to have a friend like her. I just.. I need to fix this.

"Chaeyoung" I wrapped my arms around her waist hugging her from behind.
"Yes?"
"I am sorry.. for everything."
"It's okay, i would understand why you were like that."
"It's just that- we both tell each other everything- and"
"Mina- want some egg on your Ramen?"
"Y-yes please."

"Go and sit down, ill be done soon-"
"Chaeyoung!"
I turned her to face me, cause it seems she was not listening to me. I feel different with her presence. She seems so distant. Why?..

I slowly leaned towards her, grabbing her closely, initiating a bond we do every morning. I could feel her breathe but, she feels so different. I-

"Mina the water is boiling"
"Ah! Sorry."
"It's okay."


Is it just me.. or.. is there really something wrong? I need to make sure. Please Chae, it is my fault I am sorry.

She placed the Ramen bowls down and smiled at me. Just before she gets to sit down i pulled her from her place onto the kitchen counter. Staring at her directly. Wanting to know if my hunch were correct.

"Chaengie.." i mumbled- grabbing her chin closer to me. She stared at me blankly, no reactions, no feelings. I couldn't feel her get flustered.

I paused.

"Are you going to kiss me or what?" She uttered
"A-ah.. r-right"

I captured her lips, moving gently, hovering gently, but there was no reaction from the cub. She remained distant, she made me do what I wanted. There was no signs of reciprocal agreement. It was the shortest morning kiss I had. It was not like it used to be.

I pulled out and breathed, and she remained staring at me with a smile
"Let's eat Minari."
"O-okay."


Chaeyoung.. what has gotten into you..
She worries me.

 

***


"Okay, let me get this straight.. you? And Mina. Are in a bond?" Dahyun squinted
"Y-yeah, we are." Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Look, i don't know things about 'THE bonds', but i don't think i am the person you need to talk to this about."
"No. You are the person I can talk to this about!"
"And why is that?"
"Because you would understand!"

"Hey! I am as stupid as Nayeon's big feet! How can you think i am smart.- and why am I here? IT IS SO HOT!"
"Psh shut up! I needed to finish some paintings and sell them."
"Ah so you called me out here to watch you paint."
"No! To help me goddamn it- Dahyun! Why are you so-"
"Stupid?"
"Y-yeah"
"EXACTLY WHAT I TOLD YOU!"
"Ugh.."

Chaeyoung sighed and got back to painting pictures in her head. She lifted the brush, got out a palette and hovered onto the canvas.
Something she wanted to paint..
Dahyun watched her in action, yet was curious cause Chaeyoung froze hovering her brush onto the canvas.

"Well?... Paint."
"I-I am trying! But nothing seems to come out."
"What do you mean? Just put colors down!- how hard could it be"
"Dahyun. You know it's not that simple"


"Okay look. How bout we.. uh-" Dahyun stood up from her position and walked behind Chaeyoung shifting her position "-like.. like this?"
"This is stupid, how do you expect me to paint with my head facing sidewards!"
"I-I mean.. new view.. you know?"
"Whatever it is.. i just cant paint anything. Nothing comes in my head"
"Well then-"
Dahyun grabbed both of Chaeyoung's shoulder "How bout we shake it off" and began shaking her
"Y-yah! Dahyun! You are making me dizzy"
"Even better!"
"Stop!"
"Eh.. was trying to help"
"I just cant think of anything.."


"Weird.. you've always been inspired." Chaeyoung sighed and Dahyun squinted thinking hard enough "Chaeyoung? Are you.. hurt?"
"What?- hurt?"
"You know? Does your heart ache or anything?"
"I-I don't think so."
"You gotta be careful Chae.. you know how-"
"I know Dahyun. I understand. But i am not hurting anywhere."

Dahyun's smile faded as she knows Chaeyoung was lying. She knew what was up, and she knew the cub is in denial but somehow, she wanted her to know for herself.

"Chaeyoung.."
"What."
"You're in love with Mina.. aren't you.."