► ♪♫ 9 ♫♪ ◄

My Final Piece

 

Irene began walking behind Mina slowly approaching Jeongyeon

Irene began walking behind Mina slowly approaching Jeongyeon.

"Jeongyeon..?"
"oh hey Irene! long time no see.." Jihyo interrupted with a smile and blocked her view of Jeongyeon.
"Hey Jihyo.. Is Jeong-"
"Jeongyeon is fine.. he just uh, feel nauseous because of practice that's-"

"Why are you here?" Jeongyeon spoke up coldly, stood up and slightly pushing out Jihyo. He stood tall and coldly scratching his nape in front of Irene.
"I-.. I wanted to see you.."
"You have now.. so you can leave.." and he walked passed her.

"Jeongyeon.."
"What?.. tell me what you want?" He glared and stood straight, turning his back at her
"I-.."
"Are you following me..?"
"No.. I happened to see Mina and-"
"Mina?" he looked over Mina who is now averting her eyes

"She.. She's my friend.." Mina answered
"I see.." his eyes widened and sighed "Then.. what do you want.."

"You..?"
"Sorry.. I am busy. I'll let you know if I am free." he turned his back and continued walking away.

Irene chased after him hugging him from behind, the tall man stood frozen in his place as Irene hugged him, not even bothering to move away.

"Please Jeongyeon..I missed you.. please talk to me.."
"There's nothing to talk about Irene.."
"but-"
"you made your choice.." Jeongyeon calmly held onto her arms and spread it away "now this is mine.." he coldly said and began walking

Irene hanged her head low and began sobbing. Mina tried to walk closer to her to comfort her even if she hated her.
Tzuyu and Jihyo walked passed her as well patting her back

"Hey Irene.. Nice to see you again.. We're sorry" Tzuyu said.
"Yeah. we'll see you in the flip side" Jihyo added patting on her back and left.

The girls were left in the private area as they watch the boys leave.

"I-Irene.." Mina began
"It's okay Mina.. I am fine.." She smiled hesitantly. Mina nods and just hummed "ah.. well. yeah.. I have to go. thank you for bringing me.."
"Irene.."
"It's okay.."

"here." Nayeon handed her a black mask and a cap. "You'll need it when you get out of here."
"Thank you.." She slowly wore the mask and the cap trying to hide her face.
"Here, you can leave this way." Dahyun pointed at the back door, an emergency exit just in case the celebrities are founded out.
"thank you." she bowed with her eyes swollen and smiled. "I'll see you next time Mina.."
"right.."
"I hope you and Bam can fix it soon."
"yeah.." Irene smiled and left then Mina replied in a sigh

Irene finally left the area and I hanged my head low with a long, deep sigh as I sat beside the girls


Irene finally left the area and I hanged my head low with a long, deep sigh as I sat beside the girls.

"Well? why were you with Irene?" Sana asked with her brows up
"I-.. well.." I tried to explain.. but really it was not my fault
"I thought you are done with anything related Bambam.." Sana squinted
"I am.. It just happens that Chae and I bumped onto her.."

"More like you entertained her.." Chaeyoung rolled her eyes
"Why did you not back me up?"
"I did.. I tried to pull you away.."
"Yeah. but I was-"

"It's okay.. it doesn't matter anyway.." Nayeon sighed
"What do you mean?"

"Here! refreshments are served, and finally my shop is closed.. so. uh- how did you know Irene Mina?" Dahyun smiled and sat beside Momo.
"Well she is my Ex boyfriend's best friend.."

"Wow.. your Ex must be a celebrity to know Irene?"
"No.. they're just middle school classmates."
"What a small world" Dahyun snorts

"What is wrong with Jeongyeon and Irene by the way?"

Momo and Sana shrugged as they both looked over Dahyun and Chaeyoung who are also looking at each other and began glancing at Nayeon.

"Well.. uh.." Dahyun began "I really don't know the whole story, but Chae should explain?" Dahyun smiled and everyone's head to Chae

"Not completely.. but all I know is that Jeongyeon.. and Irene were a thing.. not an Icon.. not for publicity.. they were together.. together. all before ICEY and Red Scarlet debuted." Chaeyoung sighed and continued "They were the best couple in campus during our high school days. Jeongyeon and Irene are the celebrities of our campus. the Mr and Ms. of perfect everything, even the most perfect love story you could ever hear. well.. almost too perfect... Jeongyeon and Irene were both trainees of SM. he was supposed to debut as ECHO but he had a major misunderstanding with the producer. Jeongyeon felt used, abused just for his amazing visuals and the number of his fans. He felt he did not belong..." Chaeyoung stopped and hanged her head low. Feeling sorry for her best friend.

"Then what happened..."

"Jeongyeon and Irene had to choose" Nayeon interrupted the story. "ECHO and Red Scarlet were both going to debut together, and SM wanted their love to be spread around making an ECHO x Red Scarlet collision. Bringing the fans in a soft spot..."

"That was actually smart.. isn't that like an easy road to fame?" Momo asked
"yeah.. i don't even think.. ThinkBlack would ever hoard that much fans after a debut.."

"That's the thing.. Jeongyeon did not want the fame.. he did not want the instant fame.. while Irene, wanted it all.." Nayeon began and silence broke

huh.. so Jeongyeon did not want the fame? but he is famous right now.. he is even being a jerk about all of his riches and fame who can't even commute around Seoul.. and you are telling me he did not want the fame? What kind of drama is this?...

"Why did he not want it? but ended being under JYP?" Momo broke the silence
"yeah.. shouldn't he have just stopped being an Idol then?.." Sana added

"He.. he wanted to be an Idol.. a genuine idol.. who grew in the company, who worked hard for the fans to like him, who wanted his fans to love him for who he is. He did not agree because it was all just publicity.." Nayeon elaborated "this is why, One day.. Irene and Jeongyeon needed to decide.. one or the other.."

***

~~*heavy rain*


~~
*heavy rain*

"Jeongyeon please! Stop running away!"

"I- I am not running away Irene! This is not right!"

"We are going to debut together, stay together, everyone would know about us and-"

"so what?! to show them that we love each other? to show them how romantic of a couple we are?.. IRENE! you know I love you.. for who you are, and I don't need any paparazzi or cameras going around our date just so we can prove our love to them!"

"Please understand Jeongyeon.. this is our key to fame-"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT FAME! I CARE ABOUT US! THEY ARE USING US IRENE!"

"Please, just do it for me-"

"NO! I want to climb on my own, get the fans to love me for who I am and find a company that treasures me!"

"Jeongyeon! We dreamt this toge-"

"YOU DREAMT THIS! ... this! is something I don't want to have, and don't want to be!"

"Jeongyeon! Don't you dare leave me! It's been 2 years! and you are walking away on u-"

"No! I am walking away of the company!"

"that's still leaving me!"

"ARE YOU SM!? ARE YOU THE COMPANY TO SAY I AM LEAVING YOU!?"

"THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME!!"

"YOU ARE IMPORTANT TO ME TOO! but i am sorry.. i can't do what you ask! this is scamming fans just so you can be famous! I am taking the harder way up!"

He began to walk away and leave Irene crying on her knees and the rain covering her tears. The young man stopped and froze in place as he saw Irene kneel before him on the corner of his eye.

"P-Please Jeongyeon.. I am done with being a trainee.. please.. I want to debut.."

"tsk.." Jeongyeon smirked and turned "Then choose.. Me.. or your stupid fame.."

"please don't do this.."

"it's one way or another.. There are a lot of other companies Irene! why do you have to stick with SM!? we can move to other-"

"because I am done being a trainee!" She shouted on the top of her lungs and bawled "I am done Jeongyeon.. I can't spend another 2 years or more of training just so I could debut! I am here! I am almost there Jeong!"

"then you made your choice.. you can have it.." Jeongyeon lowered his head and water dripping over his hair "I love you Irene.. but I am sorry.. I can't just do it.."

"Jeongyeon! you are not leaving me.."

"No.. I am not.. but you made your choice.. You left me.. over your fame Irene.."

"Listen! I love you.."

"do you really..?"

"Jeongyeon!"

Jeongyeon stood tall still with his head hanged low and water constantly dripping down. He clenched his fist and began pulling a ring off of his hand and tossed it over to Irene.

"We're over Irene.. I love you.."
"JEONGYEON!!"

Irene shouted and cried trying to reach over to Jeongyeon who turned his back onto her and walked away

"I hope you well in your career.."
"JEONGYEON! NO!! JEONGYEON!!"

~~

"and that's how it began, Some of Irene and Jeongyeon's classmates knew them and spread the rumor of Red Scarlet and ICEY, but most of all.. Jeongyeon's fans loves him for who he is.. he can be cocky, cool, stupid and weird anytime without hiding his true self to his fans.." Nayeon smiled "that's the good thing about ICEY.. JYP made sure that ICEY is real and genuine, without filtering anything between the boys especially when the camera starts rolling. they can be the stupidest crackheads as much as they want and whenever they want, while keeping in mind of being professional.."

"You must really admire Jeongyeon for his genuine personality huh." Momo smiled
"yeah.. a lot more than just that.."
"ooooh, look at Nayeon blushing.." Sana laughed
"No! not like that!"
"Why so defensive Nayeon?" Sana smirked
"okay stop!" Nayeon pouted and the girls continued to laugh and converse through the night.

***

*Alarm* *alarm* *alarm* *alarm*


*Alarm* *alarm* *alarm* *alarm*
"Okay. gosh dang it I am up!" I jolted up with my eyes half squinted and checked the time. "Okay.. it's 9:00 am. is there a reason why I wanted to get up early on a Sunday?"

I ruffled my hair and began thinking, with a blank stare I got up from my bed, walking over to the fridge to get something to drink and find something to eat.

"huh.. where's Chaeyoung?" I thought, continuously looking around for the small girl

I hovered over her room to see her smiling over her canvas and painting something onto it. I peaked silently and she still hasn't noticed me.
Wow tiger, that smile is just so cute. I continued to stare at her gorgeous image plotted right onto my eyes. Until she finally glanced and gave me quick jolt behind. !
I pulled back instantly and hid behind the corner wall.

"Mina? you there?" she called
"uh.. y-yeah. sorry to disturb you" I smiled and walked through her door scratching my nape.
"It's okay. come in." she smiled
"What chu doing?" I peaked
"just painting another portrait to sell tomorrow."
"huh. that looks nice. what is it about?"
"just emotions scattered around the sky, it's complicated.. see here, at one moment you are all happy and the other you'll be sad, but the color trails down here, making both meet up."
"I am sorry, I just can't see it.."

I tried.. i really did.. it all looks like mashed colors together for some reason..

"It's okay I understand" she laughed "okay how bout you sit right there and let me draw you."
"but I am fugly?!"
"Mina-ssi, what are you talking about." She laughed "just sit and look pretty, look wherever, give me 20 mins."
"20 mins?"
"yeah it's not that long. you know give me 10 then."
"you can paint that fast?"
"are you doubting me?"
"no?"
"good."

She smiled and began hovering over her canvas and glancing back at me. I wonder how she sees me. You know, they say that painters paint you the way they see you. It's basically like a picture with a thousand words, but painters are different, it's feelings and emotions that makes the painting much more valuable. Son Chaeyoung, we stepped on the wrong foot earlier but somehow I love getting to know her. She's the first friend that I ever trusted right after meeting them. besides, Momo and Sana seems to have their own circle of friends now.. I never really had much since I was stuck with Bambams's friends most of the time, and the others are mere acquaintances. I am glad to meet Chaeyoung.. really.
I bet a few minutes had passed and her smile grew bigger and brighter in front of me, her dimples are deep, I never noticed that. She kept glancing over and we mostly have a few seconds of eye contact. She is well passionate.. Wow.. What an incredible girl.

"Aaaannndd. Done." She smiled and gestured for me to come close
"Whoa, this is me?"
"Absolutely.. perfect aren't ya?" She grinned

I stared at the painting, it was so well finished, for 10 mins worth, this is worth the buy. She got my picture perfect flattened on one canvas, drawn, painted and colored everything is perfect.

"You like it?" She grinned
"Like it?.. I love it! this is amazing!"
"Good.. that will be 100,000 Won please"
"Hey!" I smacked her arm jokingly
"I am just kidding.. You can keep it."
"Really?"
"yeap! That's my gift to you princess!"
"Thank you!"

I jumped around and began hugging the little cub. It's so nice of her to give me the painting.

"Glad you love it!" She smiled

I pulled away from the hug with a smile and wanted to give something back to her.

"ah! my turn to impress you!"

"eh?"
"Come with me!" I grinned and pulled her to the living room kitchen "sit."
"Cooking ramen?"
"No! Watch and wait!"

I am not a confident cook, but I did learn a few tricks or two from Sana-chan! A 10 min gourmet! courtesy of my best friend Sana-chan!
So i got all the ingredients ready and sliced all the vegetables, poured all necessary ingredients and seasoning and stirred.

"Here you go!" I placed the food in front of the little cubs face as her eyes widened
"whoa.. that was fast." I hummed in confidence and handed over her chopsticks

"Wa! it tastes so good! so precise" She said with her eyes widened and continued to munch over the food
"Thank you!, this is something I cook if I am almost late to work.. I mean.. when I am always.. late to work" I laughed
"best breakfast ever Minari!"
"Did I impress you Chaeyoungie?" I grinned
"Yes! You are impressive!"
"Good!" I smiled

***


"Okay! one more time! and 1. 2. 3. 4. 1. 2. 3. 4.-"
"ehh! Jennie unnie! can we rest for a while?" Sana whined
"Sana? we haven't gotten the chorus steps yet"
"but we have been practicing for hours now?" Jennie began to laugh and hummed
"Fine then.."

"YES!! now let's grab food!" Lisa raised her arms and cracked them
"I am hungry too!" Jisoo raised
"Okay then .. well who is buyi- Not it!" Rose instantly raised her hand
"Not it!" Jisoo, Lisa and Jennie said in sync
"Not- ugh fine!" Sana hanged her head low

"you're really bad at this Sana-chan" Jennie laughed
"Well.. i was tired okay?"
"okay here's the money!" Rose hopped over Sana and smiled
"Ehhhh? really? can't we make oppa buy for us?"
"No you lost." Lisa grinned
"I hate you guys.."
"you love us! what are you talking about" Jennie laughed
"Finee! I won't be back!"

"Take time Sana-chan!" Jennie waved and laughed

Sana began leaving the YG Entertainment building, with hat and shades covering her identity a little bit. Since it is early in the morning, The sun is bright and therefore very easy to be found out. She walked into the convenience store and began buying instant food like Ramen and Tteokbokki for her members to eat.

"huh.. I wonder what drinks would they want?- I forgot to ask them" She mumbled

She grabbed a few drinks that she thinks her members would like and paid it at the counter. Carrying two plastic bag filled with drinks and food she rushed out of the store and head back to YG. On her way up the steep road an unknown man began running and accidentally bumped onto her.

"OW! What where you are going!"
"Sorry Miss.. here let me-"

"He went this way!!"

The man instantly pulled her up and grabbed her stuff as he pulled her to the nearest dark alley.

"Come here!"
"OY! What the heck are you-"
"hush! Please! I beg you!" He hovered his hand over Sana's mouth, shutting the latter

The men who seemed to be following the tall boy passed the alley with cameras on their hand.

"Where did he go?.."
"Don't tell me we lost him.."
"He rarely comes out in the morning, we gotta find him!"
"this way!"

The men left their alley sight. The tall man with glasses and a fisherman hat halfly covering his face released a deep sigh.

"Okay! get your hand off me!" Sana moved and pushed him out.

He never looked directly at Sana as he kept looking out of the alley opening. He picked up the plastic bag and sighed

"I am sorry, I'll pay for da- Sana?"
"What?!"
"It's me.. Tzuyu.." he took off his hat and shades with a smile