Eight

Wingman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun puts the sandwich back on the plate. She grabs the cup of iced coffee and takes a sip. After feeling the lump of food being washed down through , she lays the cup back on the table. Her hand now rummages the bag of chips next to the plate of sandwich. 

Her eyes briefly observed the view outside. She’s sitting by the café window again. A kid with her mother are eating ice cream. A couple not far-away, holding hands and looking so sweet together. A man walking a really small dog. She laughs.

A sound of a chair being pulled took her attention, and soon she found a person sitting across her.

“You left early last night?”

Sana gives out a smile.

Dahyun left with Tzuyu after returning back to the hall. Sana missed saying goodbye to her because she went to the wash room with Nayeon.

“Oh, hi.” Dahyun didn’t expect to see her today. She puts her hands over the table then adds, “How was last night with Mo?”

“She’s nice and kind.” Sana briefly answers while avoiding Dahyun’s gaze.

“I told you.”

“Did you know that she asked me out?”

Why, of course, I’ll be there. We planned for it.

“Oh, really? That’s wonderful, Sana!” Dahyun wanted to sound as happy as possible. Let this go, Dahyun.

They went silent for a minute before Sana continues.

“So, you used to date my boss, huh?” 

Dahyun was sipping on her coffee when Sana asked thus making her sip a little more aggressively. After putting the cup down, she answers, “Yeah.”

“How was she?” Sana interrogates. Her eyes now burying holes on Dahyun. Why is she even asking?

“What do you mean?”

“How was it dating my meanie head writer?” Sana’s expression softens.

“Our relationship was all cool. She was great. I don’t really like a lot of people back in college. So, she’s among the few who became really close to me. She was a great friend.”

“Friend?” Sana raises an eyebrow.

Dahyun let out an exaggerated sigh. She doesn’t really like talking about her past to other people, most especially, now with Sana. I guess I just need to be honest.

“Okay, fine, girlfriend. But I was too young. Maybe we rushed things but yeah, she made me feel things for the first time back then. I really loved it. I really love her. I was really happy to spend some years with her. She made my college experience fun and memorable. And I could say, she was my happiness. That’s all you need to know.”

Sana felt like a finger was pinching something inside her chest as she watches Dahyun describe Mina. Her soft hands turned to rock fists. The event added more proof to support her hypothesis. But she tried her best to remain calm. 

Dahyun locks her eyes on Sana who seems frozen on her seat. 

“But it’s long over now. We broke up when she graduated.”

“Oh.”

The sharp expression on Sana’s face evaporated. 

“She was my last relationship. Maybe she’s the reason why I’m like this. Avoiding any potential lover or relationships throughout the years. But we will talk sometime this week. Just to catch up or something. She insists.” Dahyun adds before feeling her phone vibrating in her pockets.

Sana looks out to the window. I think...

“Hello?”

Dahyun then gestures to Sana. She excused herself. Sana just nods her head. After a short minute of fidgeting on her chair, Sana fixes her posture to let out a deep sigh. She examines Dahyun who was outside now talking to someone.

What if she’s still in love with Mina? Well, she sounds like she is. But, I like her. Maybe she’ll like me as a friend. I want to be her friend. Are we friends yet? She then remembers the dinner with Momo later. Momo likes me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter