Four

Wingman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Good morning, Dahyun! I already prepared them for you.”

“Thank you so much for everything, Krystal.”

Dahyun picks up the bouquet of flowers. She chats with Krystal for a minute before heading out.

She enters inside another shop. The air was filled with sugary smell. This gave Dahyun a positive feeling.

“As usual, here’s a dozen of freshly-baked cookies.” 

“Thank you, Jennie.” The tiny girl gave Dahyun a small nod before proceeding to sorting trays of baked goods.

Dahyun walks her way towards a building. She has been doing this for the past two weeks. The lobbyist already knows her well.

This may be the last time. Sadness creeps in her mind. It gradually dawns on her. She loves doing this every morning as a part of her routine. And just like any other routine, it will be painfully distressing when it changed. And it will be changed because by next week, she won't be doing this anymore. 

As much as Dahyun wants to deny it, she grew fond of Ms Minatozaki. She likes her. Although their relationship was built through this weird wingman activity, Dahyun feels good when she's with Sana. She doesn't want to think about Momo and Sana's future relationship. She just wants her job done. And after that, she wants to avoid whatsoever will happen next. Repression and avoidance is the key. 

“Ms Kim, good morning!” She salutes him before passing a piece of chocolate bar.

“It came from Switzerland. Take it as a gift for today.”

The man grinned before taking the candy.

They chat for a while before Dahyun finally spots the person she’s been waiting for. This is it.

Dahyun approaches her with a smile. Sana was speechless. Her eyes were studying every detail of Dahyun’s face. There was no eagle mask. No sunglasses. Nothing covering her face. Her eyes, nose, lips are there revealing themselves to Sana. 

Dahyun finally showed her real face.

“Good morning, Ms Minatozaki. Flowers and cookies for you. I hope this will make you smile all day.” She hands them to her. 

Sana was flustered. Her face was painted with surprise. She’s been waiting for this day to come. But now that it's here, it's as if she wasn't prepared at all. It was overwhelming. Dubu is perfect.

“My, my, Ms Minatozaki, don't you like your admirer's gifts today?” Dahyun says in a teasing manner.

Sana looks down avoiding her gaze before finally speaking. 

“No, Dubu. I was just shocked to finally see how you really look like.” 

This made Dahyun frown. Was Sana really surprised? Wait, how do I look like now? Am I too ugly for her?

“Nice to finally meet you without any sort of mask on.” Sana puts her head up. Her eyes are now sparkling. Shining. Dahyun notices her long lashes complimenting her honey brown orbs. They look like crystal balls. 

“You are very pretty and…“ Sana bit her lower lip. 

“And?” Dahyun wants to touch her cheeks. They look soft. But she can’t.

“You were right.”

Dahyun raises an eyebrow. 

“You're like a tofu. Your skin is so white.” Sana informs her why shyly covering as she giggles.

Dahyun smiles hearing the sound coming from her. Heaven.

“I told you.”

“I didn't expect for any of this to happen today. You totally surprised me.” 

Sana and Dahyun now walks towards the seated area of the lobby. 

“Well, since we will see each other tomorrow, why not just expose myself today?”

They both sat down.

“You don't know how much you make me happy.” Sana confesses all of the sudden. It was said in a low tone so Dahyun was unsure on what she just heard.

What?

“What is that?”  

Sana felt shy and pretends to play with the flowers. Did she hear it?

“Nothing.”

Sana looks at her again. Dahyun was rather speechless. She heard her confession and she wants to clarify it. Nervousness took over her though. Did she just say that I make her happy? She then remembers Momo. I need to get out of here before I overthink. She knows where this will lead to. She doesn’t want to be disappointed. She sighs before saying, “Sana, I guess I have to go now.”

She stands up and Sana did the same. 

“See you tomorrow, Ms Minatozaki.” Dahyun touches Sana's shoulder. She gave her a sad smile. Sana notices this.

Don’t go.

Dahyun turns her back on her and starts walking away.

“Hey, Dubu!" Sana calls. 

She called for me. Why?

Dahyun turns around and sees Sana with a straight face. Why Sana?

“Yes, Ms Minatozaki?” 

“You can call me Sana.”

Dahyun’s heart races and starts to dry. What is this feeling?

“And you can call me Dahyun.” Dahyun winks before disappearing in the main entrance. Her footsteps were heavy. Dahyun, you just need to get out of here.

Sana feels a pleasant twisting in her guts after hearing that.

“Dahyun. So that is your name.”

Finally, she knows her real name.

 

----------

Sana was frozen on her chair. She can’t stop thinking about her encounter with Dahyun earlier. She recalls the simple fact of finally knowing her name and seeing her beautiful face. She's now smiling like an idiot.

Nayeon notices her odd behavior.

“Hey, Satang. Whats up with you zoning out? Did your admirer finally show herself?” Sana stops her thoughts and throws a piece of crumpled paper at Nayeon. Nayeon dodges it before laughing out loud.

“No…I just...” 

“I guess she's a beauty, huh? When will I meet her?” Nayeon teased further.

“You’ll see her soon. Tomorrow.” Sana eyes on her laptop and began typing. She want to look busy so Nayeon will stop bugging her.

“Really? She'll be in the charity event?” 

“Yes.” 

Nayeon squeals in excitement.

“So, she’s a big time? Wow! Finally! My Sana landed a sugar mommy!”

Nayeon claps her hands while imagine being in a yatch and drinking champagne. Life away from this office. Life somewhere in Southern Italy. The dreamy privilege got her all thrilled.

However, she sees how Sana reacted. Pokerface. Weird.

“You don't seem excited. What’s wrong?”

Sana moves her eyes back to Nayeon. She sighs.

“You see…”

“Nayeon, Sana, to my office now.” Mina appears by the door interrupting their conversation. 

 

----------

Sana religiously takes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter