Five

Wingman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun wakes up with a slight headache. That was one glass of wine! What is wrong with me? 

After a showering, she heads out to grab breakfast. It was a pleasant Saturday morning. 

The weather was nice. Clouds in the sky forming various shapes. It wasn’t windy. And the sun wasn’t blazing. Just perfect. Dahyun only had to wear two layers of clothing.

She enters the Starbucks and gets the usual. 

She spots an empty chair by the window and heads her way there after getting her orders. While checking on her phone, she felt a tap on her shoulder. She almost melted like butter when she saw those familiar brown eyes. It was Sana’s. 

“Good Morning, Dahyun.” Sana sits across her.

“Good morning, Miss Minatozaki. I didn't expect to see you here.” 

Sana frowned. 

“I told you to call me Sana. Ms Minatozaki is too formal.” 

“Oh, I am so sorry, Sana.” She apologizes and looks down. 

“Good. It's okay, Dahyun.”

Her eyes moved from the cinnamon roll on the plate and back to Sana.

Sana gave out a very charming smile. Dahyun couldn’t help but be affected. She felt her heart racing again. It’s this warm feeling again.

“So, what are you doing around here?" Sana asks. 

“I live near this cafe so I usually get my breakfast here. How about you?”

“Oh, I stayed over at my friend's house just around the block. I went out for an early morning walk. I saw this place and got this,” Sana taps the cup on the table.

Sana lied. She actually saw Dahyun by the window and decided to go to her. 

“Oh, that's cute.” Dahyun just smiled.

A few moments of silence. Dahyun shyly stares at Sana whose busy admiring the view outside. Her face was carved by the Gods. Eh? What am I thinking? Dahyun shuts her eyes before turning her attention back on her food.

Humming a sweet tone, Sana returns her attention back to Dahyun who’s now poking the cinnamon roll. Cute. She takes this opportunity to study her face while she wasn’t looking. She tries to memorize everything. 

“What time will you be at the party later?” Dahyun starts.

She looks up at Sana who apparently has been staring at her for the last five minutes.

“Around 7:30pm, I guess? My boss will be waiting for me and my friend,” Sana answers. She’s still admiring Dahyun’s face. She watches her sharp monolid eyes slowly blink. These are the same ones that left a mark on her ever since seeing it for the first time.  

“Oh, really? By the way, I heard you're a huge fashion writer,” Dahyun teases. Sana notices some icing at the corners of . She giggles before taking a napkin to wipe it.

Dahyun was stunned by the action. She felt Sana’s finger touched the corners of her lips. It was warm.

“How'd you know?” Sana retrieves her hand and crumpled the napkin before dropping it on the table. 

“I am a wing…I mean, I assist my boss, your secret admirer, to give those gifts to you…So…uh…at least…I must know who you are." Dahyun stumbles with her words. This made Sana laugh. 

“What else do you know?” She stirs her cup with a plastic stirrer. Her eyes landing back on Dahyun.

“I know that you are 25 years old and Japanese.” 

“What else?” Sana asks for more. 

“And uh and...you are Single.” 

Sana smirks. 

“Is that so? So, tell me about your boss. Is she pretty like you?” 

Dahyun squints her eyes on her. Pretty like me? Me? Pretty?

“Huh? Uhm? She…” She is asking for Momo, Dahyun! Talk about Momo, !

“She is! I should not say this yet but she is also Japanese like you. So I guess you two should have many things in common. Also, I am telling you, she is very kind. Like the kindest person on earth. And probably, one of the most hardworking young CEO of today." Dahyun describes Momo properly. She checks on Sana’s reaction. Quite dull until she saw a smile forming on her face.

“It seems like you are selling her to me.” Sana raises an eyebrow.

“That's what I'm supposed to do, isn't it? She likes you very much. And I swear, you wouldn't regret meeting her!” Dahyun defends herself. This is the main reason why I am here. To make Sana fall in love with Momo. That’s it. Period.

Dahyun sees Sana let out a deep breath.

“Very well. Tell her that I'm excited to meet her later. I hope she still likes me even after really meeting me in person.”

“What do you mean? She'll love you!” Dahyun reassures Sana by putting two thumbs up.

“Huh? You really think?”

“Yeah, I've met you a lot of times already and I really lo-" Dahyun stops.

"You what?" 

OOPS.

“And I really do adore you. You are very beautiful and you have a nice personality.” Whew.

Dahyun smiled while reaching to hold Sana's hand on the table. She puts her hand on top of Sana's. Sana bits her lower lip. It took Dahyun exactly 10 seconds before realizing what she’s done, and quickly retrieves her hand. 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to touch your hand.” She bows her head before staring back at Sana's honey brown eyes. 

Fudge, Dahyun! Did I screw this up? 

However, she could see Sana smiling sweetly at her. It was a sweet smile. Her eyes were definitely sparkling more than ever. And Dahyun doesn't know why she's seeing it this way.

Omg. What to do?

Gay panic mode. 

Dahyun stands up and bows nonstop. 

“I'm sorry, Ms Minatozaki. I mean. Sana. I just remembered something. My dog. I need to go back home now.” She continues bowing her head while picking her phone and wallet that was on the table. Sana watches her while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter