One

Wingman
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A girl quickly scrolls and clicks on her unread emails. Moments later, she opens her phone and checks on the calendar application. She updates the empty boxes and types in a new schedule. This is a typical morning for an executive assistant named Kim Dahyun. 

“Good morning, Dahyun unnie,” greets a tall girl with raven hair. She sits down on the cubicle just across Dahyun.

Dahyun moves her eyes from the monitor to the other girl and greets her back.

“Good morning to you too, Tzuyu.”

The other girl smiles. She then takes out a laptop from her bag and starts working on her early morning tasks.

There was silence in the small office until Dahyun’s phone rang startling both of them. Tzuyu narrows her eyes on Dahyun who was then giggling.

“Hello, Momoring. Good morning, dearest boss. How may I help you?” she says in a cheerful voice.

“Good morning, Dahyunnie. I’ll be late today, okay?” a high-pitched voice answers.

“Noted, Momoring.”

“I’m just grabbing a quick breakfast. What time is my first schedule?” 

“Please wait a bit. I will check first.”

“Hmm…” Momo waits on the other end. Dahyun looks at the monitor and found what she’s been looking for, then answering, “Your first schedule is at 1pm.”

Momo squeals. Dahyun puts a hand over to stop herself from laughing. Momoring is just too precious.

“Good. I’ll see you all later.”

“Okay, take care.”

“Bye.”

She closes the phone and sits her back on the chair. Dahyun looks over at Tzuyu who is currently smirking at her.

“What?” she asks.

“Nothing. You two are cute.” Dahyun rolls her eyes before going back to her task.

 

----------

Momo arrives at a Starbucks branch just a few blocks away from her office. She orders her usual iced venti caramel macchiato and a piece of pastry –this time, a blueberry muffin. Momo’s not really a fan of the café but she’s too lazy to go elsewhere.

After waiting for her name to be called, she searches for an empty space where she could eat her breakfast in peace. Holding a tray, she walks to a table with another person currently occupying it. There’s no other available table except for this one.

She bravely asks the other girl if she can sit with her. The other girl smiles and nods her head. It seems like Momo was quite mesmerised that once she sat down, she just can’t simply take her eyes off her. The other girl has her attention glued on her phone. Must be busy. Momo thought. She then picks up the blueberry muffin and bites it. She observes the girl across her like a hawk. She notices how the other girl’s eyes would form crescents whenever she smiles. She also sees how soft and healthy her skin and hair looks. Maybe it will be like touching a baby’s face. And her hair must smell nice too. Wait, am I too creepy?

There is one thing that plucked her heart strings. It was when she hears her laughter. Momo felt like she’s in heaven hearing God’s laugh. It was so soft and cute. It’s like cupid’s arrow’s finally struck her. She feels all giddy inside. Momo was smiling like an idiot. Why do I feel like I just entered a jokbal buffet?

She couldn’t explain the happiness she feels right after she hears another wave of laughter coming from the other girl. It was delicate like silver bells. She definitely needs to make a move. But Momo, for the rarest opportunity, felt shy. This isn’t me. So instead of starting a conversation with the other girl, she just decides to stay quiet and look over the materials on their table. The other girl’s bag hangs open and Momo could spot an I.D. She reads and takes note of it.

Minatozaki Sana, Assistant Writer, Twice Fashion Magazine. 

 

----------

“Look at this! We need to go here, unnie!” Tzuyu demands as she shows Dahyun another Instagram post taken in a theme park.

Dahyun sighs and takes the phone. She scrolls to another post. 

“I wish I have all the free time in the world!" Dahyun shouts dramatically.

"You don’t know how much I’ll beg to go here, Tzuyu. But Momo. She’s a priority. I can’t just leave her here. I’m her assistant!” 

Tzuyu pouts and whines again, “Unnie! Just ask her please. I’m sure this time, she will approve. Momoring loves you, you know?”

Dahyun re-enacts Tzuyu’s pout before the two exploded in laughter.

“I love her, y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter