Untitled Part 6

UNTITLED 2014 🌼
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You have taken my heart with you... You cold person. - It Must Have Been Love (Yoon Do Hyun Band)


Part 6

Author's POV

Somewhere in Busan, 1995

It was early morning when the social workers were knocking on someone's door. A skinny girl opened the door and let the social workers in.

"Annyeonghaseyo", the skinny girl greeted and bowed as courtesy to her visitors. She knew that the time has come.

"We received an anonymous report that you've been living here alone for almost a month. Do you know where your mother is?" Asked by one of the ahjumma.

The skinny girl didn't answer. Her head hanging low. She gave them a blank stare.

"Do you have her contact number? Or have you been in contact with her?", The girl shake her head in response.

"Aigoo, she let you alone for almost a month and she didn't even inform you of her whereabouts." said annoyingly by one of the ahjusshi who came.

"Do you know any of your relatives? Your mother's relatives?", the ahjuhmma.

"Mola" (I don't know.) The girl whispered.

"Appa. Your appa's relative? Do you know any of them?", questioned by the ahjusshi again.

"I don't have a father." Her voice is trembling.

One of the social worker sighed. 

"Listen kid, we need to get you out of here. And since, you don't have relatives or legal guardian to be with you, we need to take you to a foster home. It is actually a church. There are a lot of kids living in there. You can have a lot of friends." The ajuhmma cupping the girl's cheek.

The skinny girl was on the verge of crying. She didn't know being alone is that hard. It's almost dying. It felt like dying everyday. At first, she thought that it will pass just like the winter and spring. But she remains in the same season, she's stuck on the same place. 

The social workers assisted the girl getting inside the bus. There are a plenty of kids inside. Quiet. Lonely. The feeling of being abandoned. It's the mood seeing these kids.

"It'll be okay. Everything will be fine." the ahjumma smiled.

It is the longest drive she had in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter