Chapter 5: Si va, bene!

Destiny

“Leeteuk was right! Donghae is cheating on me!” Jessica said. “Huh, who does she think she is?! She knows that I’m his fiancée but STILL cheating with him?! Huh, jinjja!” she stormed to who knows where she’s going. Jessica ended up sitting on the park bench. She opened her iPhone and pressed the emergency button. “Yah, that button is only for an emergency!” Leeteuk scolded, appeared out of nowhere. “But this IS an emergency!!” said Jessica. “Fine… what?” he rolled his eyes. “Donghae is cheating on me is he?!” Jessica asked. “How should I know, you’re his fiancée not me!” Leeteuk replied. “I saw him with a girl! And she’s asking him out! Also, Eunhyuk knows about this! Why didn’t you gave me a heads up?!” she asked.

“Because… I didn’t want to and I don’t have to…”

“Why not…?”

“It’s your job to find out… I can only give you clues.”

“My job…?”

“It’s part of your 49 days trip. Not only collecting the 3 tears, you also have to solve your problems. But… there’s one thing I forgot to tell….”

“What is it? Don’t tell me that it’s something important…”

“Really important…”

“Damn it!”

“If you succeed, by the time you wake up, you wouldn’t remember any of this.”

“WHAT?”

“Well what do you expect? If you remember than the secrets of the world beyond won’t be a secret anymore would it?!”

“I’ll keep it as a secret…”

“Only you, but still, it’s not a secret anymore if humans… including you, knows about the 49 days trip.”

“That’s totally unfair!”

“Life’s unfair, deal with it.”

=||=

The next day, Jessica woke up at 6 and as usual, she went inside Taeyeon’s body. She kept on thinking about what Leeteuk had said to her. “Tsk, does this girl EVER goes shopping?!” Jessica protested as she scanned the wardrobe, at last she decided to wear a navy blue blazer, stripe t-shirt, with white jeans. And she’s off to Eunhyuk’s restaurant. “You’re early!” Eunhyuk greeted. “Yeah… I thought we need to get ready in the morning before the customers came?” said Taeyeon. “That’s true… seems like you’ve had an experience before?” he asked. “I work in a café at night…” she smiled as Jessica put her stuffs inside the locker.

After Jessica changed to her chef uniform, she went to the kitchen and looked around. “Yah.” Jessica turned around and saw Jonghyun with his chef uniform and red tie. “Everyone’s gathering downstairs, wanna come or not?” he asked with a cold tone. “No thanks, I’m good…” Jessica said as she continues to look around. “How old are you?” asked Jonghyun. “20. Do you guys make specials every day?” she asked. “Sometimes… depends on the weather and order.” He said. “Owh… so since the weather today’s chilly… what’s the special?” she asked. “I don’t know, that’s the soup chef’s job. My job is only to make sure you guys don’t mess up.” he said. As the clock strikes 7, all the chefs and employees gathered at the hall. Excluding Jonghyun and Jessica…

After Eunhyuk gave a short briefing, he introduced Jessica to the others. “I want to introduce you guys to the new head chef assistant, Kim Taeyeon.” He said. “Annyeong haseyo, Taeyeon imnida.” Said Jessica, giving a 90 degree bow… as Eunhyuk left, Jonghyun took over. “What’s the special for today?” he asked. “Fettucine and spaghetti carbonara, also sirloin steak.” The soup chef answered. “Cancel the sirloin steak.” Jonghyun ordered. “But chef, we’ve bought the meat already!” one of the chefs protested. “Who would combine fettucine and spaghetti carbonara with a sirloin steak?! What do you think this restaurant is?!” he yelled. The room became silence. “Now do as I say. Maknae!” he called.

“Yes, chef…”

“We’re running out of ices, you take care of that.”

“Si va, bene…”

The maknae ran to who-knows-where, taking care of the ice problem. “You, Kim Taeyon…” Oh damn it! He’s a killer chef! “You’re making the desserts for today.” He said. “Si va, bene.” Jessica answered as Jonghyun left. She sat on the couch for a while, straightening up her mind. Not a moment later, Donghae came. Act cool Jessica, act normal… “Oh, Taeyeon!” he called. “Hi Donghae…” he walks towards Jessica and sat beside her. “I see you’re a head chef… judging by the red tie you’re wearing…” he said. “Assistant head chef actually…” Donghae’s phone rang. “Yeobosseo…? Oh, Yoona…!” Her again?!

=||=

 

“Yea, yea, I’m in Eunhyuk’s restaurant… no, it’s not open yet, but I’m going to the gym together with him… wanna come? Owh… ok! See you there then!” and then he hung up. “Oh well… I should be going…” Jessica stood up and so does Donghae. “Yeah, me too… hey, have you seen Eunhyuk by the way?” he asked. “He went to his office… maybe he’s still taking care of stuffs.” She replied. “Thanks!” Donghae left. Jessica walks to the kitchen, only to be stopped by Jonghyun near the locker room. “Rule number one in my kitchen, chefs are not allowed to have a relationship in the kitchen.” He said. “What’s wrong Jonghyun? Jealous much…?” Jessica teased. Jonghyun leaned towards her. “You’re not my type.” And then he left. Jessica scoffs at him and followed Jonghyun to the kitchen.

As the clock strikes 9, the restaurant’s already opened. 300 guests for start… “The first order, 3 macaroni and cheese, 2 spaghetti bolognise, and a fettucine carbonara…” said Jonghyun with a loud voice. “Si va, bene!” they answered in union. Everyone started to get busy, the sounds on pans and spatula, the maknae running around helping the chefs, Jonghyun shouting and yelling. Jessica helping with the taste… the kitchen’s gone mad. “Hurry up you slow pokes!! How old are you?! 75?! My grandma can do faster than you guys!” he yelled. “Then why don’t you let her cook, stupid.” One of the chefs hissed. Unfortunately, Jonghyun heard. “What did you say?” he asked in a threatening tone. “If you dare talking back to me again and that food of yours, taste like , I will cook you like a lobster. Got that?!” he yelled, again.

“Where’s the two pasta cooks?!” asked Jessica. “Maknae!” she called. “Yes chef?” the maknae came. “Go find the two pasta chefs, they’re missing. And bring them here when you find them. Force them if you have to.” She said. The maknae left and did as he was told. “You’re beginning to act like me Taeyeon…” Jonghyun teased. “I learnt from the best.” Jessica teased back. “But this isn’t only your problem, it’s also mine now.” He said. “You are such a busy-body! Just take care of the foods, I’ll handle this, okay?!” she said. The maknae came back with the missing chefs complaining. “Yah, you two, what do you think this place is?” she began to scold. “If you want to have a private time, that would be OUTSIDE the doors, got that?!” she yelled. “Now get back to work.” The two chefs went back to their positions as pasta cooks.

Hours passed already. Finally it’s time to go home. While the chefs are all changing and went home, the maknae’s busy taking out the trash. Jessica went back to the locker room last after she got changed. She noticed a piece of note was tagged to her locker:

Good job on your first day being the assistant head chef! ;D

\(^[]^)/