Chapter 2: Missing You

Destiny

 

“Her name is Kim Taeyeon. She’s 23, and she works as a barista here. Taeyeon lost her fiancée in an airplane crash during their flight back from Europe. It’s been 3 years, and although she looks tough, she isn’t. She still can’t accept about her fiancée’s death. Such a tragic story…” said leeteuk. “Where does she live?” Jessica asked. “She… lives in an apartment, not far from here.” he answered. “Can we go there?” asked Jessica. “We could, but how do you suggest we got in?” Leeteuk asked back. “We can go through walls right?” Leeteuk face palmed and looked at Jessica with an is-she-serious look.

“Jessica Jung, how do you manage to finish primary school huhhhh?” he joked. “We can’t get through walls, we’re not GHOSTS, okay?!” he said. “So what do we do now? Wait until she finishes her job and then followed her to the apartment?” Jessica said. “Actually, I’ve got a better idea….” Leeteuk got out of the car with a grin and entered the café. “Hey! Hey! What are you doing?!” Jessica shouted. She got out of the car as well and followed Leeteuk to the café. “Hi, I would like an ice caramel frapp please.” Leeteuk said and paid for his drink. He watches as Taeyeon prepares the frapp from his seat.

“Hey Leeteuk, how come she can see you?” Jessica asked. “Because I let her see me…” he answered, eyes still locked on Taeyeon. “You dig her….? By any chance…?” Leeteuk smiled and looked at her. “You jealous?” he asked back. “No I’m not you idiot death angel! I was just asking since you’re looking at her with that kind of look!” Jessica said, practically shouting. “Here you go…” the waiter came and gave him his drink. Leeteuk noticed that Taeyeon was about to leave soon, because she had put away her black apron away. “Let’s go.” Said Leeteuk, he didn’t even bother to bring his drink and just left to the car with Jessica. “There she is!” Jessica said, pointing at Taeyeon.

 

Leeteuk was following Taeyeon from the back slowly, but then it hits him. The car and everything’s in it are invincible to Taeyeon. Jessica noticed that by the look of her face, Taeyeon isn’t the same as the one in the café. There’s sadness in her eyes, as she was holding back her tears. “What’s wrong with her?” asked Jessica. “She’s always like then after she left work, remembering her fiancée’s death… she couldn’t take it.” Leeteuk explained. Soon they arrived in Taeyeon’s apartment as Leeteuk and Jessica walked behind her unnoticeably. Taeyeon sat on her bed and stared blankly, practically at nothing. Then she got up and changed, soon, she fell asleep.

Leeteuk pushed Jessica closer to sleeping Taeyeon. “You can only get inside her when she’s asleep. But don’t sleep while using her body… it’ll be hard for you to get out. If you use her body more than 48 hours, then you’ll have to live as Kim Taeyeon for the rest of your life.” He warned. “Ok… so how do I get in?” asked Jessica. “You just need to lay in her position… and trust.” He answered. Jessica did as she was told, and a minute later, again, Taeyeon’s body wake up, with Jessica’s soul. “Wow… she really needs the gym…” she said. “Stop complaining, here.” Leeteuk gave her an iPhone. “I already got a cell phone…” said Jessica. “This isn’t just ANY cell phone… this is your emergency button. Very useful, you can use it as a phone, or a death emergency button.” He said. “Owh… ok.” She took the phone.

“I’ll be checking on you every 2 days, so don’t waste your time and remember, find those 3 people.” Said Leeteuk before he left… “Wait!!” Jessica shouted. He turned around with a sigh. “What?” he asked. “Will I be able to see the tears in her body? If I can’t then… how am I suppose to….” She didn’t finish… “Just find those 3 people… the necklace will glow if it’s a real tears, okay? It’ll fill on its own….” He said. “Now, before I go and you stop me again, anymore questions?” he asked. Jessica shook her head. “Good, now don’t stop me again, oh and, if you press that emergency death button, it means that you’re calling me, so…. Bye.” Leeteuk disappeared out of sight with in a supersonic speed. As Jessica, she got out of Taeyeon’s body again and let her sleep. “Unnie, I’ll be using your body from now on… I hope you don’t mind… it’s just for 49 days…” she said, as if Taeyeon can hear her.

The next morning, 10 minutes before the clock strikes 6, Jessica went inside Taeyeon’s body and got ready to Eunhyuk’s restaurant to apply for a job. At least this is the beginning… she doesn’t have to worry about how to see Donghae again, because every Friday after work, Donghae would go to Eunhyuk’s restaurant and meet up with him. As soon as she got there, Jessica, who’s inside Taeyeon’s body, was greeted by a closed sign. “Closed? How could he close the restaurant at this hour?!” she protested. “They’re not here~” Leeteuk appeared out of nowhere and shocked her.

“Then where are they?” asked Jessica. “In the hospital of course, Donghae’s been waiting for you all night long. Seems like he’s not giving up on you, yet.” Said Leeteuk… “Hold up, what do you mean YET?” she asked, starting to feel irritated. “Well YET as in sooner or later he’ll give up waiting for you…” he said. “How could you say that?!” she protested. “You’re not the first Jessica, I’ve seen this before. And it doesn’t turns out well. The girl gave up on her boyfriend and had found someone else better.” He said. “Well not Donghae, he’ll never give up. He’ll wait for me.” Jessica replied with confidence.

“Well, we should be checking on them in the hospital.” Said Leeteuk… “And who am I suppose to be?!” asked Jessica. “Can’t you think of something?! Just tell them that Taeyeon’s your friend!” Leeteuk said, a bit scolding her. “Oh yeah, I didn’t thought about that… hehe.” Jessica said, scratching the back of her head as she tried to find a cab. Leeteuk let out a deep sigh and hand her a helmet. “Come on, we can take motorcycle.” He said. “That’s okay I can find a cab…” Jessica replied. “Yah, remember you’re NOT allowed to use her money unless you earn it.” Leeteuk said. “Oh, okay…” Jessica said as she put on her helmet and they were off to the hospital. “I’ll leave it from here. Don’t mess up, okay?!” and then Leeteuk vanished to thin air.

Jessica took the lift and when she was finally in front of her room, Jessica softly knocked on the door and slides it open. “Hello?” she saw a figure of Donghae who was waiting for her beside her. Luckily Jessica brought a bouquet of flower. “Oh, you must be Jessica’s fiancée, am I right?” she asked. “Yeah, Lee Donghae, and you are?” he asked, Donghae’s eyes was swollen and Jessica can clearly see the dark circles around his eyes. Oppa, sorry for making you like this… she thought. “Kim Taeyeon, I’m Jessica’s friend, we met on the internet about a year ago.” She replied. Her improvisation was perfect. Donghae wouldn’t have seen it coming. “Oh, nice to meet you, how did you heard about Jessica’s condition?” nor Jessica seen that coming. “Um… I heard it from one of the witnesses, and, I heard you’re also injured?” she asked.

“Yeah, but it’s just a minor injuries… oh please, sit down…” said Donghae. “Thanks, um, I brought these, I heard Jessica likes Lilies.” She said. “She loves them… it’s her favorite flower. Every Valentines, I would buy her either Lilies or pink roses, and she always makes that cute shriek of hers…” said Donghae, as he slightly smiled to Jessica. And I always love the way you surprises me every Valentine and anniversary… Jessica thought again. She gave the flowers to Donghae as he put it into the vas. “So… what do you and Jessica usually talks about, if you don’t mind me asking…” asked Donghae.