Chapter 4: New Job, New Problem.

Destiny

 

“Yah, Lee Donghae…” Eunhyuk appeared as he just came back from who knows where. “Ah hyung, this is Taeyeon, Jessica’s friend. They met on the internet…” said Donghae, introducing her. “Ah! Are you Kim Taeyeon?! The friend that Jessica recommended?” asked Eunhyuk. “Yeah… nice to meet you…” Ok, a quick flashback. Remember when Jessica first got into Taeyeon’s body? At the same time, Leeteuk happened to help Jessica sending an email to Eunhyuk and changed the date to a month before the accident happened. Since Eunhyuk was trying to find a chef for his restaurant, Jessica was quite a cook, so she wrote everything about her cooking skills and faked it to Taeyeon.

“You guys know each other?” asked Donghae. “Yeah, Jessica sent me an email and recommended her to me. She said you’re quite a cook, is it true?” asked Eunhyuk. “Well, I guess so…” Jessica answered. “Great! Then you can start tomorrow… or how about today? I can show you the other chef, and the head chef.” Eunhyuk’s eyes were filled with happiness as he said those words, while Donghae watches him awkwardly. “That’d be great.” She smiled. “Good! Donghae-ah, I’ll be back soon okay?” they left. Eunhyuk and Jessica walked to the restaurant while talking about famous restaurants and chefs. “We’re here!” I know we’re here. I’ve been here almost every day. They went into the restaurant and it was pretty packed as usual. Eunhyuk and Jessica made their way straight to the kitchen.

“Pasta with pesto sauce table 6, Tagliatelle with bolognese saucetable 4, Spaghetti alla carbonara, orrecchiette with tomato sauce, table 8!” shouted the head chef. “Yes, chef!” the cooks replied. “Jonghyun-ah…” Eunhyuk called. “Ah, Hyukjae hyung.” The boy turned around. “This is Kim Taeyeon, the one I told you yesterday…” said Eunhyuk. “Kim Jonghyun, head chef.” He offered a hand. “Kim Taeyeon…” he’s the head chef? How come I’ve never seen him before… damn he looks cold. “What are you good at?” he asked. “Pardon…?” she raised an eyebrow. “What kind of cooking are you good at?” Jonghyun repeated the question. “Pasta, but actually I like making desserts more…” true, Jessica likes sweets. “Italian desserts?” he asked. “Tiramisu, Panettone, Cassata, Cannoli, name it.” She replied.

“Good, then we’ll see what you got tomorrow.” Jonghyun said as he turned to the cooks once more. “You’ll be in the pasta cook and desserts, if needed.” Said Eunhyuk with a friendly smile. “Sure, I’ll do my best.” Jessica replied as they both head out the kitchen. “So where did you find the head chef?” asked Jessica. How come I’ve never seen him before! “Oh, he came back from Italy and applied here for a job, replacing the old head chef who retired. We saw his skills and it wasn’t a doubt, he’s good at what he’s doing.” Eunhyuk answered. “Oh…” as Jessica went back to Taeyeon’s place and got out of her body, Jessica planned to see how Donghae’s doing.

 

Jessica quickly ran to Eunhyuk’s restaurant and lucky for her, Eunhyuk was just leaving with his car. She figured that Eunhyuk would go back to the hospital, so she got into the car as well. I wonder what Donghae oppa’s doing right now… he must be tired…. She thought. The car stopped in front of the hospital, but Eunhyuk didn’t go inside, in fact, he walked to the nearest café and ordered himself a coffee. “Why are you here? You should be going to my room to keep him accompany!” Jessica scolds as if Eunhyuk can hear her. Not a moment later, Donghae came in and sat in front of him. “Gwenchana?” asked Eunhyuk. “Molla hyung… I’m tired…” he answered.

“Donghae-ah, you have to remember what that Taeyeon said, you have to wait for Jessica to wake up. And be there for her when she’s awake.” He said, giving a tap on Donghae’s shoulder. “I’m tired hyung… what if Jessica never wakes up? What if finally I have to accept the truth that Jessica’s leaving me?” tears forming in his eyes, threatening to fall any minute now. Oppa, I will wake up… I will… after 49 days and collecting the tears, I will wake up… I’ll stay beside you and we’ll be happy together. “You can’t say such a thing! Jessica will wake up, I know she will.” Eunhyuk tried as possible to convince Donghae not to give up.

“Oppa…?” a voice asked. Both Donghae and Enunhyuk, even Jessica, traced where the voice belongs to. It was no other than Im Yoona. “Yoona, what are you doing here?” asked Eunhyuk. “It’s been a long time, hasn’t it? When was the last time I see you guys? Wait! Let me think… hmm… 12th grade?” she guessed. Who is this girl?! “Ah yes! And at that time, you and Donghae skips class almost every day!” Eunhyuk reminded. Skipping classes together?! Is he cheating on me?! “We didn’t skipped class! It was just for fun, besides, it was Yong’s idea….” Said Donghae, holding Yoona’s hands and gestured her to sit beside him… “True, my idea, but you could’ve stopped me!” Yoona said back. Is he REALLY cheating on me or he’s cheating on her?!

“So how’s life?” asked Donghae. “Pretty good… I’m working as an interior designer now, and a model.” Yoona answered. “A model…? Cool! You mean like, Ceci, Vogue, ELLE, stuffs like that?” asked Eunhyuk. “Yup, and now I’m finishing for my Levi’s and Jestina photo shoot…” she said. “How are you guys doing?” she added. “Not really good…” Donghae’s face suddenly turned to sad and gloomy. “Woah… what happened?” Yoona asked. “His fiancée, Jessica, got into a car crash and now she’s suffering from a death brain.” Eunhyuk answered. “A brain death huh….? So she can’t move at all and just sleeps?” Donghae and Eunhyuk nodded. “Well, in the mean time, oppa and I can get some times together, right?” angry, Jessica stormed out of the café. “No Yoona, I’m sorry, I have to wait for Jessica.” Donghae replied, but Jessica had already left. “I know oppa, can I see her?” asked Yoona. “Sure… she’d be happy to see you…"