Chapter 9: Trusted You

Destiny
“Well, have you tried talking to him about it again? Maybe he’ll change his mind…” Jessica suggested. “I think it would be a waste of time, Donghae’s the type who wouldn’t listen to anyone if he think he’s right…” he said. “You mean stubborn?” she asked. He IS stubborn, really stubborn. “Yeah, so that’s why I think Donghae should just solve this on his own… if Jessica woke up and found out that Donghae’s cheating on her, I think she should just find someone better…” he said. But what if I don’t want to?! “Hey Eunhyuk…” she started. “Yeah…?” “Have you ever think, that… I don’t know, maybe… Yoona has a plan or something?” she asked. “What do you mean?” “I’m not trying to think negatively towards her, but… maybe she’s planning on something…” “You mean for Donghae and Jessica?” she nodded. “Could be… but we can’t suspect anyone like that. Moreover, she hasn’t met you yet. Maybe if you guys could just get together and started hanging out like girls usually do, you can know the truth.” This dancing monkey has some brain alright… completely different than how he used to be. Since when did you change Hyukjae?! “You sound like you’re planning something too….” She teased. “Oh yeah, I’m planning to renovate the restaurant.” ==” Hours passed, one by one the waitress came, and then the chefs, the maknae, and last, the head chef. After a short briefing and a small debate, the chefs including the maknae went to the kitchen and were ready on their stations. They were ready for any order the customers wants. As Jonghyun read the first order, they started working. From breakfast to lunch to dinner… and then when you know it, it’s already closing time. Jessica was already changed to her daily clothes and was just heading outside the door. When she saw Yoona came in with a tall man, black hair, and they were holding hands romantically. She watches them as they went inside, looking for Eunhyuk. She already stole Donghae, now who the hell was that?! Now Yoona has really got under her nerves. It’s bad enough that she cheated with Donghae behind her back, and now Yoona’s cheating with whoever that guy was behind Donghae’s back. She’s such an easy girl…. she thought. Jessica shrugged it off and kept on walking. When she was stopped by a familiar car… “Hey Taeyeon!” it was Donghae, unfortunately. “Want me to give you a lift?” he asked. “No thanks, I can walk on my own.” She replied. “Oh c’mon, it’s been a long time~” maybe I can ask him stuffs about his pitch black dark relationship with Yoona… “Alright…” Jessica faked a smile and got into his car. It’s a pretty long way… “So, how was your job as Eunhyuk’s 2nd head chef?” he asked. “Pretty good… and you…? How’s Jessica?” she asked. He better give some reasonable answer. “Still the same… every day she’s always the same…” he answered. “She hasn’t wakes up yet?” she asked. Donghae shook his head and had a sad look on his face. “Do you still wait for her…?” asked Jessica curiously. She hopes that Donghae would say yes he’s still waiting for her. But, it’s the opposite, well, not really. “I don’t know if I should… I’m getting tired… if this keeps on, not only Jessica who suffers, but me too.” He said. I suffer more than you do! Every day I have to hold myself from exploding because I saw you with that Yoona! Cheating right before my eyes! How do you think that makes me feel?! “I… I think you should…” Jessica said in a stuttered voice, holding her anger in a fist. “What if I don’t want to?” you what?!?!? “W-why not…?! She’s your fiancée… it’s not like you’re leaving her for another stupid brainless girl.” she said. “I don’t know, I don’t feel like it…” if marriage was to be like this I’d rather to be single for the rest of my life! “Yah, Lee Donghae, this isn’t something stupid alright. What if something happens to her?! What would you do?!” she began to scold. Has he EVER thinks about me for once?! “What if Jessica wakes up and found out that you were cheating on her?!” ….oh no, I did NOT just said that! I take it back! I take it back!! The car suddenly stops, as Donghae looked at Taeyeon with a confused face. “You’re going to tell her about us?” he asked, pointing at her and him. “Hold up, US??!” she raised an eyebrow. “Yeah as in me and you.” he answered. “Not me and you, you and her!” she shouted. “Her who…?” “That… Yoona girl whoever she is!” Donghae burst into laughter when he heard Jessica’s words. “Stop laughing, this isn’t funny!” she said, but Donghae just couldn’t help it. “Yah…!” “AHAHAHA, oh dear Lord, listen Taeyeon, Yoona is NOT my girlfriend. Ok? I’m not cheating on her… we were just hanging out. Ever since Jessica was hospitalized, Yoona has been a really big help for me, she cheers me up a lot.” He said. “We’re just old friends since junior high… I’ve told Jessica about her but since she can’t remember people’s name easily without seeing them, I’m sure she has forgotten about her.” He continued. Am I really that forgetful? Donghae continued to drive the car again. “Donghae…” “Yeah…?” “Earlier you said US, what’s that supposed to mean?” “Oh that… nothing, I just wanted to tease you…” he said, smiling. “Eunhyuk told me about what you guys talked about yesterday with Yoona… you’re not serious, aren’t you?” “What if I am?” I’d gladly kill you right now, if jail doesn’t exist…. “You’re not going to cheat on her, right?” “Can we not talk about this? By the way, we’re here.” Donghae ended the conversation with a smile. When Jessica offered him to go inside, (hoping that he wouldn’t come in, just being polite) he didn’t say yes. In fact, he said that he wanted to meet up with Eunhyuk so he’s not coming in. Jessica said goodbye and went inside, getting out from Taeyeon’s body, she asked Leeteuk to help her stalk Donghae since she’s curious about her fiancée’s and Eunhyuk’s soon conversation. “Tell me why are we, doing this again?” asked Leeteuk. “Because I need to know if Donghae is really cheating on me or not…” she said… “You wouldn’t be able to remember all these anyway if you wake up…” he replied. “Will you STOP saying that? Even if I don’t remember at least something changes!” she said. -Donghae and Eunhyuk- “So… what do you wanted to talk about?” “You know what Donghae, about what we talked a few days ago…” “Oh, you mean find another girl? You know I’m not going to change my mind that easy…” “I know, but could you at least think about your fiancée?! How long have you guys been together?! 2 years! That’s a long time, you can’t just cheat on her because she can’t hear or see you now.” “As long as Sica doesn’t know it’s gonna be fine Hyukjae...” “No it won’t! Sooner or later she will find out, through Krystal, Tiffany, or even Taeyeon.” “Excluding Taeyeon…” “Wh-wait what…?! Don’t tell me you’re after her!” “Well actually I am… “Listen Donghae, she’ll never say yes, okay?!” “Why? And how would you know? What if she said yes?” “She won’t, and never will.” “Why not-“ “Because she lost her fiancée that’s why…!” “Did she tell you?” “No, her fiancée was my friend, and still is even if he’s gone.” “Leeteuk… is it true?” asked Jessica. “Yeah…” “I promised him that I would take care of Taeyeon for him if anything happens. So don’t do this Donghae-ya, even if you’ve been like a brother to me, I wouldn’t mind kicking your if you dare to hurt Jessica or Taeyeon.” He said.