Chapter 10: I Miss You

Destiny
Leeteuk and Jessica walked out of there with Jessica staring blankly, practically at nothing. “You still have a reason to live you know, not only for your fiancée.” Leeteuk said, slightly encouraging her. “You can’t just give up on those tears because you know Donghae’s going to cheat on you. How would you think the others feel?” he asked. “The others…?” “Your mom, your dad, Krystal, and Tiffany…. You haven’t seen them in a while.” He said. “I’ll see them tomorrow… besides, my parents aren’t here.” she said. “You look tired, go home. Before you screw up tomorrow.” Said Leeteuk, this time he didn’t disappear. He escorted Jessica back to Taeyeon’s apartment as she falls asleep on the couch. Meanwhile, Leeteuk was watching Taeyeon’s sleeping baby face. “Sorry I can’t keep my promise…” he said and he left. The next morning, Jessica woke up and texted Eunhyuk her alibi, that she won’t be working for the day since she’s not feeling so well. It did made Eunhyuk felt worried at first, but then after Jessica explained that she’s not sick, just not feeling well, it calmed Eunhyuk a bit. That was just an alibi of course Jessica has another plan to do. She wanted to see Tiffany and Krystal, since last night Leeteuk reminded her about them. She went to the hospital first. The door was slightly opened, and she went in. Jessica didn’t found Krystal, but she did found Tiffany. She was sitting beside Jessica’s bed, talking about something as Jessica took baby steps and slowly but sure she can hear what Tiffany’s talking about. “…. He’s really nice, I’d bet if you meet him you guys will get along well. But, I’m a bit scared if you threatened him like what you did in high school… remember? When that boy asked me out to be his girlfriend and then you said; “if you dare to hurt fanny, I’ll trace you down and kill you like a tiger kills a deer.” It’s a bit scary you know… but remembering how his face after you said that, it was hilarious…” she said. Fanny… “You know I’ll be here right? So when are you going to wake up from that long sleep? You always like sleeping.” She said. “Remember that time when we got into detentions because you were sleeping in class and I was trying to wake you up? When I accidentally shouted because no matter how hard I nudge, you wouldn’t move a muscle. Even when I shouted you wouldn’t wake up…” she said, her eyes start to water. “And… that time when I thought someone kidnapped you but then I found you sleeping in the bathtub with your Hello Kitty pajamas on…” said Tiffany as she’s holding back the tears. “Meanie… are you gonna be like that again?” she asked, in English. One by one tear started to drop slowly through her cheeks. “Fanny-ah… I’m so sorry… I didn’t know you’re this sad…” said Jessica. “You know, I thought in the operation room you’re going to be fine. A fractured bone or something… but not something like this…” she said. Holding Jessica’s hand and began to cry. “Why does this have to happen to you?” she asked. “Why can’t it be someone else? I can’t tell what you’re thinking… either you can hear me or not… Sica-ah, I’m suffering here…” said Tiffany with sobbing voice. Jessica who heard it couldn’t handle the tears as she started to cry and apologizing repeatedly when someone came in. “Tiffany unnie, what’s wrong?” asked Krystal as she approaches with a bouquet of white roses. “Nothing… Soojung-ah, where have you been?” she asked, wiping off the tears. “I was just from the flower shop… the last time I put flowers here was 3 days ago, I wanted to change it so Sica unnie can get her favorite flower scent every day.” She replied, replacing the wilted white roses with the new one. Krystal didn’t show any sign of sadness like Tiffany did. That’s what worries Jessica the most. She was scared that Krystal was trying to act tough, she didn’t want anyone to see her weak, and that’s bad for her health… Krystal could get tired easily and eventually she’ll get sick. Jessica has always been so overprotective towards her friends and Krystal. Not only Tiffany, but the others too… during her school days, Jessica was known as someone who loves to help people. But she’s too naïve. Sometimes people just used her to help them, but either they actually hate or dislike her. She can’t tell the difference between someone who likes, adores, loves, hates, dislikes, or despised her. “Unnie, I brought you new flowers, like I promised yesterday…” said Krystal, smiling like nothing happened to her sister. “Unnie, you don’t have to worry about me now, I can take care of myself because you had always been protecting me… besides, I have Tiffany unnie, Eunhyuk oppa and the others, although mom and dad are away… they’re really working hard to find a cure for you… last time I check, they’re in Europe… they’ve been everywhere.” Europe? It’s 1:100000000 chances to find a cure for me… they shouldn’t have-“But I’m sure before mom and dad find the cure, you’ll wake up. And then we can go shopping, play in the amusement park, do a sleepover and stuffs… and of course, you’ll get married to Donghae oppa and have lots of cute kids and then you guys will be happy like in the fairy tales…” she said. Soojung-ah… “Ehehe… I don’t know actually if you can hear me or not…” said Krystal. “But I’m sure you can… even when you’re asleep you can always hear people talking, you just don’t move a muscle since you’re a super heavy sleeper.” She added. For the whole day until about 8 o’clock, Jessica was watching how Tiffany and her sister’s day went as they took shifts taking care of her. “You’re not going back?” asked Leeteuk who suddenly appeared out of nowhere. “Who did you took this time?” she asked. “To the lift….? Some old CEO guy from a corrupting company.” He answered. “Oh…” “You don’t have to be worried… they’re fine.” “Who…?” “Your parents, they’ve been to China, America, Japan, Europe, almost everywhere.” “For what…?” “For you, but no matter how hard or how expensive they try, they’ll never find it.” He said. Suddenly, Krystal’s phone rang. “Oh, mom… unnie’s fine… no, you don’t have to find the cure! What would Sica unnie said if she saw you like this?! She’s fine mom! You don’t have to be all stressed up like this! Just come home… or at least chill down somewhere… states maybe? Ok… ok I got it… bye…” They worried about me that much… and all I can do is watch and cry… I can only pretend to be a friend when I’m in Taeyeon’s body… “By the way, Tiffany unnie, have you met Kim Taeyeon?” asked Krystal. “No… who is she?” “Donghae oppa told me the other day that she’s Sica unnie’s friend, but they have like, almost the same personality…” “Oh c’mon Krystal, maybe he was just tired at that time… maybe we should meet her.” Jessica turned to Leeteuk: “Tell me about Taeyeon.”