Chapter 3

Forget Me, Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Kim?”

 

Chaewon heard that voice again after a long time. She’s familiar with the tone. And in no doubt, she looked behind to see if her guess was right.

 

“What are you doing?” The one who’s standing infront of Chaewon right now bore her eyes to the latter, her stare pierce right into her sole, as if she was the most uninteresting thing on earth to look at.

 

Beside that person, there’s also this one who have the same height as the one she’s beside at, her long violet wavy her that drops on her shoulder and she have a blank expression on her face as she looked at Chaewon who’s still kneeling on the ground.

 

 

 

‘Ahn Yujin!’ Chaewon widened her eyes as the girl beside Yujin, Wonyoung, asked her if she’s alright.

 

 

 

“It’s Daengdaeng and Wonyoungie!!!” Minju on the other side exclaimed happily as she recognized the two figure infront of Chaewon. Her eyes twinkled as she put her gaze to her another two childhood friends. It’s been long since she last saw the two.

 

 

“Here.” Wonyoung handed the specs that Chaewon dropped earlier and the latter seems hesitant if she should get her specs from the girl.

 

 

“T-thanks.” Chaewon mentally slapped herself as she stuttered to a single word. Right now, all she can feel is embarrassment and shame to herself. She doesn’t have guts to face her two friends after they got the news that she wasn’t going to school anymore. She’s just ashame of herself.

 

Minju came over to Yujin and Wonyoung to observe the two. Just from the clothes, she can already tell that two are really smart. From their well-ironed uniform, their well-fixed hair, how their black shoes shine and the logo that was embarked on their uniform. She can also tell that the two grew well. They’re now indeed much taller compare to the good old days and they also got looks.

 

‘I wonder how many suitors do Wonyoungie and Daengdaeng have…’ Minju thought.

 

 

“We just came back from summer school. We’re going to a college-prep high school.” Yujin said in a monotone voice as she pocketed her one hand in her skirt.

“You’re not injured anywhere are you?” Wonyoung said softly as she combed her smooth hair using her fingers.

 

 

Chaewon just nodded and her eyes unintentionally set on the logo that is on Yujin’s uniform.

 

 

‘This uniform… It’s the uniform that I was going to wear.’ Chaewon thought and lowered her sight because shame is starting to it her again. If she just didn’t stop coming to school, she’s now in the same prep school together with Yujin and Wonyoung, and they might get along again together if possible.

 

Minju ran to Chaewon and started to get giddy all over again. She’s happy. She’s happy to see them again.

 

“So awesome! Really awesome! And Yujin’s good looking too!” Minju said giddily infront of the latter who seems uninterested in Minju giving her opinions.

Chaewon can’t take this anymore and she wants to get out of the scene quickly. She can’t stand or face the two too long for God knows what’s the reason.

 

 

 

“Let’s go Minju!” Chaewon unconsciously shouted, and suddenly the thought of Wonyoung and Yujin can’t see Minju immediately hit her like a truck. She started to panic inside as she think what she just said again.

 

 

 

The atmosphere became heavy as Chaewon dropped those three words, and it’s visible that Yujin’s eyes darkened as well.

 

“That’s… not-“ Chaewon didn’t get the chance to finish her sentence as Yujin interrupted her. The latter scratched the back of her head and looked away to the two infront of her.

 

 

“What about Minju?” Yujin said sternly as Wonyoung looked at her with worried eyes.

Minju looked at Yujin with her confused face but still smiling, clueless as ever while the orange head girl nervously stole a glance from her.

 

“Ah… No… “ Chaewon’s voice started to become smaller and smaller as she’s panicking inside. “If it’s Minju…”

 

 

“You.”

 

 

The cold aura lingers around Yujin as she glared at Chaewon with her sharp deadly eyes as she’s trying to hold herself inside.

 

“You’re still going on about it even now?”

 

“Daengdaeng…” Minju mumbled quietly as she glance to Yujin who have a dark expression plastered on her face.

 

 

 

“I’ve heard about it.”

 

 

“Ahn Yujin!” Wonyoung called her out as she looked from Yujin then to the ground. She knows where’s this going so as soon as possible she have to stop it. She knows that the three of them became distant to each other right after Minju passed away, but she still wants to be civil to everyone. Wonyoung doesn’t like to hurt others’ feelings so she needs to stop Yujin because she knows that this girl can spit fire in her words.

 

“You’re not going to school right?” Yujin started as she cockily smirked at Chaewon.

 

Wonyoung can’t take this so she just lowered her head while the orange head girl felt a pang in her chest as Yujin let out those words.

 

“You failed the exam so you want to drop out. You don’t go to school and keep calling out Kim Minju’s name. Have you last your mind?”

 

Chaewon feels like she’s been hit by a truck just because of what Yujin said. It is the truth after all. But being Chaewon, she just remained silent and lowered her head. Blank expression can be seen through her eyes. She really just wanted to get out of here.

 

Minju, on the side was taken back to Yujin’s word. She didn’t know that Chaewon did those things. She’s starting to get hurt after knowing her friend’s condition. She hate stuff like this. She hate seeing her friends argue. She feel so useless everytime this thing happens.

All can Chaewon do right now was to grit her teeth. She have no strength when it comes to argue with Yujin. She can’t see any ways to talk back to her.

 

Before Yujin could continue, Wonyoung stepped up the game to finish it at once.

 

“Don’t say it anymore, Ahn Yujin.”

 

In a blink of an eye, all they can see is a Chaewon running away from them and Minju was left with the two.

 

Yujin just let out a huff while Wonyoung sighed. There’s Minju at them, looking to the two with her watery eyes.

 

 

“Stupid Daengdaeng!” Minju shouted and pout as she stomped her way out of the two and followed Chaewon.

 

 

Wonyoung shook her head as she realized what just happened and faced Yujin with a dissatisfied face.

“Why are you arguing with her?” The violet head girl asked but the latter just looked at her.

“Whenever you talk about Kim Minju, it’s like you become another person. You are the same as her aren’t you, Daengdaeng?” Now it’s time for Wonyoung to mock Yujin, knowing her condition is same to the orange head girl. She knows that Yujin is still holding those memories and can’t seem to let go. She’s just pathetic.

“You said too much.”

“You’re heartless even though you’re good looking.”

“You’re pretty smart too.”

“Yes,yes.”

The conversation of the two goes on as they started to walk and go home.

 

 

 

--------

 

 

 

“Wonnie!! Wait up!” Minju is now running, she’s already starting t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter