Chapter 1

Forget Me, Forget Me Not
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Another fine day at Seoul, birds chirping in the morning is the first thing you will hear and the breeze of morning air is present around the streets. The smell coming from the ground caused by the rain yesterday is also present within the quiet streets of Seoul.

 

The sky is also pretty for the sun is starting to rise. Few students are already making their way to school, casually talking to each other about their whereabouts in life like a normal teenager.

 

In some house, there’s this girl where she always plays video games first thing in the morning, unlike the others who are busy preparing for school.

 

“Die, die, die!” The girl named Chaewon said, as she continuously pressing the buttons of her controller while she mumbles a few words.

 

Chaewon wears an oversized mint sweater and her bangs were tied up together to allow her see the game she’s playing more clearly. She’s sitting on the floor like an ahjussi but she doesn’t give a damn about it because she’s in her own room.

 

“Just die already.” Chaewon mumbled again as she furrowed her eyebrows, having a hard time to kill the monster in the game she’s playing.

 

“Hey, Chaewon. You’re not gonna pick up that item? It’s going to disappear.” A voice of a girl spoke up to Chaewon but the latter didn’t gave a little bit of attention to the girl who spoke earlier.

 

Chaewon is aware that she’s not the only one in the room. She’s aware the somebody is in there and she can feel the other girl’s presence. She can clearly hear her and see her.

 

Few minutes had passed and only the sounds coming from the game are the only one that can be heard in the room until the girl beside Chaewon decided to break the ice and spoke again.

 

“Chaewonnie~ Is that building builder? It has fat lips like your uncle’s sister’s child’s child.” The girl said to Chaewon, her eyes are twinkling as she pointed the image that she saw on the screen, but unlucky of her, the latter just ignored her again and that caused her to frown.

 

“Nevermind! You would not understand it even if I told you!” The girl pouted as she tried to speak to Chaewon again and began to sulk, still no one comforted her because Chaewon’s eyes are stuck like a glue to the screen, busy playing.

 

“Hey, Chaewon-“ the girl  didn’t finish what she was going to say when Chaewon aggressively threw her controller to the ground and stood up.

 

“Chaewon?” The girl called out again to her but she was answered by silence and soon decided to follow Chaewon on the kitchen.

 

‘Summer’s beast is fierce indeed.’ Chaewon thought as she continued to stir the ramyeon on in the pot.

Suddenly, the girl started to cling to Chaewon’s shoulder, the latter surprised by her action

 

“Ah!” Chaewon stumbled for a bit, maintaining her balance as the other girl cling to her more.

 

“I want to eat ramyeon too!” The girl said excitedly as she gave her bright smile to the latter.

 

Chaewon, for the nth time, deeply sighed again. She can’t stand uncommon objects like UFO, UMA, MMR, and also spirits.

As you can see, the girl together with Chaewon is Minju. Minju is her childhood friend and out of nowhere, her spirit just appeared right infront of her one of the days in summer.

“Eh, you’re only cooking for yourself?” Minju whined cutely as Chaewon remained calm

 

‘Ignore her… Ignore her… I’ll lose if I respond to her…’ Chaewon thought to herself silently as she tried her best to ignore Minju and keep that poker face of her on the show.’

 

Minju looked at the ramyeon Chaewon is preparing and a sudden idea popped in her mind.

 

“Ah! It’ll taste better if you mix the egg!” Minju said as she excitedly shook Chaewon’s body.

 

Chaewon thought that what’s happening to her right now must be the manifestation of her stress and her previous trauma because this summer’s beast appeared and her mind became vague.

 

“Hurry, mix the egg! Mix the egg!” Minju continued to nag Chaewon as the latter spaced out for a bit, didn’t notice that she didn’t mix the egg and is starting to cook in a form of sunny side in her ramyeon.

 

Chaewon is still spacing out but it was cut off in a moment when the doorbell rang.

The latter is still standing near the stove, chopsticks in her hand, busy staring at the ramyeon she’s cooking. The doorbell keeps ringing and that made Minju spoke to her.

 

“Aren’t you gonna open the door, Chaewon?” Minju said as she patted the back of Chaewon that caused the latter to look at her.

‘Usually I’d just pretend that nobody’s home but it’s better than being with “this thing”. ‘ Chaewon sighed and thought as she looked to Minju for a second before making her way to the door.

“I’ll mix the eggs now!” Minju enthusiastically said and grabbed the chopsticks that was placed on the table where Chaewon left it.

 

 

 

 

“Com-ing!?“

Chaewon stuttered as soon as she opened the door, she’s shocked to see the person right infront of her.

It was a girl who’s in same height as her, have long eyelashes and a cute pointed nose. Her long light brown hair falls back like a silk and her rich brown eyes only shows annoyance towards to the latter.

‘Hateful… what an unfortunate day.’ Chaewon thought as she bored her eyes to the girl infront of her.

“What’s wrong? You don’t seem energetic.” The girl said to Chaewon.

Chaewon hesitates if she’ll answer the girl but in the end she remained silent. She noticed that the girl is holding something and the other girl felt the stare of the latter went to her hands so she showed the long brown envelope to her.

 

“Here, the teacher told me to bring your homework for summer break.” The girl said to her and handed the envelope to Chaewon.

 

Chaewon examined the envelope and gulped after she noticed how thick it is. And then she suddenly remembered something that made her outburst.

 

“Ah? But there’s only two days of summer break left!”

 

The girl raised her eyebrow to Chaewon and sighed, thinking how stupid and hopeless the latter could be.

 

 

“So what? Aren’t you always in the summer break mood?” The girl scoffed “Unlike you, I’m really busy.” She continued.

 

Chaewon can’t believe that her summer homework is like as thick as encyclopedia. She can’t find any motivation to answer those homeworks within two days!

 

“If it’s like that, then I can just dump this thing anywhere.” Chaewon said proudly as she raised the envelope.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter