Chapter 9

Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

The guys finished eating and proceeded to walk up to the counter to pay, but as Jihoon reached the register and pulled out his wallet, the cashier simply smiled at him and shook his head while motioning to Soonyoung who was now standing outside with his hands in his pockets while talking to Jeonghan and Hansol.

“Sorry sir, but that man over there has already beat you to paying.”

Jihoon looked over at his boyfriend who was laughing at something as he threw his head back before snapping it back forward as he stumbled backwards a bit into Wonwoo who just walked out.

Letting out a small smile, Jihoon bowed to the cashier and proceeded to walk outside to join the other guys who were standing next to the door in a group talking joking around and laughing.

“I swear sometimes you guys are actually idiots.” Soonyoung manages out as he calms down and straightens up while looking at Mingyu who was laughing as well.

“Say’s the idiot…” Jeonghan adds in which only causes more laughter to break out throughout the group.

“Well, I’m off to the company. I gotta finish running some things before practice.” Soonyoung declares as he lets out a groan while hanging his head.

“Don’t over work yourself before practice.” Jeonghan says as he pats Soonyoung who simply nodded in response.

As Soonyoung turned around to leave after they all bid their goodbyes so that the other guys could head back to the dorm, he felt a hand grab his forearm, pulling on his arm causing him to turn around.

“I’ll go with you.” Jihoon says as he lets go of Soonyoung’s arm.

Soonyoung simply nods and they proceed to walk towards the company before Soonyoung speaks up, breaking the silence.

“You going back to your studio?” Soonyoung questions.

“Yeah, I need to finish the new song before I can call Seokmin to test out the range.” Jihoon replies.

“Something on your mind?” Soonyoung asks as he looks over at the male who was walking awfully close to him so that their arms continued to brush each other.

“Yeah.” Jihoon answers honestly, but not wanting to get into detail considering it was about the guy who was asking him the question.

“What’s up? What’s bothering you?” Soonyoung continues to ask as they walk into Pledis’ building.

“Don't worry about it.” Jihoon replies with hooded eyes, not noticing that the way he phrased it caused Soonyoung’s heart to tighten more and break after hearing how harsh it sounded.

“Sorry I asked.” Soonyoung mumbles in a slightly harsher tone than Jihoon expected as he quickly turns to open the door to the room next to the dance studio before closing it quickly, leaving a confused Jihoon.

Jihoon opened the door that Soonyoung closed to find Soonyoung bending down and grabbing his duffle bag off the floor.

“What was that about? Are you mad?” Jihoon questions as he watches Soonyoung pause his movements before he shakes his head as he places the bag on the desk, avoiding eye contact with the producer.

“Soonyoung-ah-” Jihoon starts saying before he gets cut off.

“I’m fine. You should go work on your song. I need to change.” Soonyoung snaps back as he grabs his bag and walks out of the room without sparing a glance at the producer.

Jihoon walked out behind Soonyoung, but before he could say anything, Soonyoung was already gone and probably already in the locker room. Letting out a long sigh, Jihoon took off his hat and ran his hand through his hair in frustration as he walked to his studio. He sat down in his chair after closing the door before he put his hat back on and leaned back in his chair to stare at the ceiling. 

“Did I say or do something?” Jihoon questions out loud, obviously irritated at himself while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter