Chapter 6

Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

Several days passed by and now the members of Seventeen were back to their lessons and practices that were helping them prepare for their upcoming albums and concerts. However, the dance hasn’t been choreographed yet because the songs were yet to be recorded and Soonyoung wasn’t sure how the dance should look and be organized. He did have a rough draft though and and idea of how the dance would look like formed on the base of the simple melody and outline Jihoon showed them.

Jihoon found it strange that the only time that he got around to seeing Soonyoung was when they had dance practice together and even then, Soonyoung was always talking to someone else, helping someone else with their choreo or he was off by himself in front of the mirror practicing and running through ideas. Jihoon knew something was up, but he didn’t know how to confront it and he wasn’t even sure if it was a big enough issue to confront. The producer was scared that if he confronted it, Soonyoung might simply say that he was busy with the dance and that Jihoon was just overthinking again.

Usually, at night, Soonyoung used to hurry back so that they could at least walk home together if Soonyoung was busy trying to choreograph something and Jihoon was cooped up in his studio. However, now that Jihoon didn’t spend nights at his studio, they would at least go to the gym together. Although, these past days, Jihoon’s noticed that Soonyoung would rarely ever leave the dance room unless he had to go take a shower, grab a change of clothes or just pass out in his bed from exhaustion before he was out the door once again after he woke up. This wasn’t uncommon, but to see that Soonyoung didn’t seek him out or even attempt to contact him in any way, it worried Jihoon.

The small producer could only think and worry what Soonyoung could possibly be thinking and come up with theories why Soonyoung was so distant. This could easily be solved with confrontation, but Jihoon didn’t want to look vulnerable, especially not in front of his own boyfriend. That was mainly the reason why he never wanted to open up about what bothered him to Soonyoung because he always wanted to maintain his strong persona and be Soonyoung’s ‘rock’.

While this was all going through Jihoon’s head, he was currently sitting on the couch while he watched the performance team run through some of their old choreography as he continued to watch Soonyoung through the mirror with an emotion filled gaze.

It’s been exactly 16 days that went by without Soonyoung seeking him out, trying to contact him or talk to him in any way. 16 days since they slept in the same bed. 16 days since they had any type of physical contact and Jihoon was getting more paranoid as the days went by.

“Hey, you seem like you’re lost in thought. What’s up?” A voice asks causing Jihoon to turn his attention over to the man who was now sitting next to him while snapping out of his thoughts.

“Nothing.” Jihoon mumbles back while looking down at his lap.

“You can tell me anything hyung, you know that.” Seungkwan says in a soft voice.

“It’s like Soonyoungie’s been avoiding me, but he doesn’t seem mad at me so I don’t know what’s going on or what I did.” Jihoon replies while looking at Soonyoung who was now drinking from the water bottle that Minghao handed him, sweat dripping down the sides of his face and neck, his shirt wet and damp with sweat which caused it to stick to his body.

“What do you mean?” Seungkwan asks with a concerned expression.

“Seungkwan-ah, we haven’t done anything…. ANYTHING in 16 days.” Jihoon complains as he looks over at the vocal sitting next to him who was now also observing Soonyoung across the room and watched how the dancer was laughing at something Chan said while pulling on his shirt to air it out.

“Anything?” Seungkwan asks with wide eyes as he whipped his head around to look at Jihoon once again, unsure if heard correctly that the famously clingy and touchy Soonyoung hasn’t initiated anything.

Even when either of them were mad at each other, it never went past a day without any contact because Soonyoung would always cave into Jihoon’s touch or Soonyoung would always try to fix things so that they could at least cuddle or lean on each other and enjoy one another’s company.

“Yeah… Even if I pushed him away he would always come back… ALWAYS…. I don’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter