Chapter 10

Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

Soonyoung let out a loud sigh once he reached the roof of the building as he tried to relax and clear his mind, hoping that would give him better inspiration for a new and improved routine. 

The dancer moved to walk towards the edge and towards the handrail so that he could lean on his arms which were neatly placed on top of the railing so that he could stare off into the distance as he watched the sun set in the distance as he felt a light, but pleasant breeze gently ruffling through his hair and clothes. 

“You okay?” Chan’s gentle voice questioned from beside him which caused Soonyoung to let out a sigh once again before lowering his head slightly to stare at his arms.

“I’m fine. Just... disappointed in myself I guess.” Soonyoung confessed with a frown.

“This isn’t like you….. You don’t usually get this upset over one of the trial routines getting declined…” Chan starts saying in a gentle voice before he pauses to turn his body around lean on his side in order to face the upset dancer.

“Hyung… What’s on your mind?” Chan softly questions.

“I guess... it’s just hard to concentrate while trying to keep a handle on my own emotions. I’m trying to keep my distance and try to understand that it’s just Jihoon’s personality, but-... But, it’s just hard you know…” Soonyoung confesses to the younger while looking up at the night sky, his face full of sadness and pain.

“Why don’t you just talk to him about it? Jihoonie-hyung seems like the type who’s willing to talk about this sort of thing.” Chan questions, his brow arched in confusion.

“Cause it’s not his problem… It’s mine. I’ve been too clingy and I’ve been annoying, especially when he’s stressed. I push myself on him and that’s on me. He’s told me multiple times to stop bothering him, but I just.. laughed it off… I guess I realized that it’s time for me to respect his wishes. I mean, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn’t at least try to make him happy. Even if that means I have to stop being so clingy.” Soonyoung answers with a long sigh.

“But earlier, when he asked you what was wrong or if you needed anything… Why didn’t you just take that opportunity? You usually do.” Chan cautiously starts saying before trailing off.

“I don’t want to stress him out even more than he already is. He doesn’t like it when I touch him or be that affectionate… especially when I’m sweaty so I didn’t want to just think of myself and be selfish…” Soonyoung replies.

Once hearing this reply, this left Chan speechless and at lost for words. He wasn’t sure how to reply to what his hyung was feeling and how much his hyung actually cared for his boyfriend. Chan knew that Soonyoung was a sweet and understanding boyfriend, but he wasn’t aware that the dancer was understanding and caring to that extent. 

The maknae couldn’t help but feel bad for the performance team leader as he watched Soonyoung let out another deep and long sigh as silence surrounded them. The only sounds that could be heard were the sounds of the cars that were driving by and the liveliness of the city. 

“Let’s go back. Gotta go back to the drawing board.” Soonyoung says with a chuckle before he pushes off of the rail and turns around to walk back towards the studio while Chan followed behind him.

 

With Jihoon….

 

Jihoon let out a sigh as he draped an arm over his eyes while laying down on the couch that was in his studio. He couldn’t focus on the song that he was working on, but wasn’t sure if it was because of what he witnessed earlier or if it was because he was stuck.

Letting out another long sigh, he just assumed it was both and let out a frustrated yell in his sound-proof studio. He wanted to go back over towards the practice room and try to comfort Soonyoung and see if he was okay, but he wasn’t sure if that’s what the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter