Chapter 11

Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

After washing up, Jihoon slowly crawled into bed and covered himself with his blanket. Next to him, he noticed that Mingyu was on his phone and scrolling through god knows what, but he could see the light illuminating from rappers phone.

“I see you’re actually planning on getting some proper rest today.” Mingyu mentions, breaking the silence.

Jihoon simply hums in agreeance as he pulls out his own phone and unlocks it so that he could scroll through it as well. 

“So how was your day hyung? Anything worth mentioning?” Mingyu questions as he looks away from his phone and fixes his gaze at his roommate.

“Nothing really. You?” Jihoon replies while glancing over at the younger to meet his gaze.

“Well after we all went out together, Wonwoo-hyung and I went to a cafe and just talked. We haven’t really had the time to spend time with each other and I missed him.” Mingyu answers with a gentle smile as his phone screen turns black from the lack of use.

Once Mingyu answered, silence surrounded them once again so Mingyu resumed looking through his phone. Little did he know, Jihoon was actually thinking about the younger's response to his question. 

“Did you tell him that?” Jihoon asks quietly.

“Hm? Tell him what?” Mingyu questions as he locks his phone and moves his body to turn around to face Jihoon’s bed.

“Did you tell him that you missed him and spending time with him?” Jihoon elaborates as he places his phone down on his stomach while moving his head to look over at the younger.

“Of course. He’s my boyfriend. Why wouldn’t I tell him that. Otherwise, it would just seem like I didn’t miss him at all and that I didn’t care that we were spending time together or not. I mean it’s not like he can read my mind.” Mingyu replies with a smile and a gentle chuckle.

“Read your mind?” Jihoon questions, raising an eyebrow, unsure and not fully understanding what Mingyu just said.

“Yeah. Think about it hyung, I can’t just assume that Wonwoo-hyung knows everything I’m feeling and thinking of and I can’t just assume what he’s feeling. That’s what leads to bigger misunderstandings and problems. So I just tell him what I’m feeling cause otherwise he’s going to have to guess. I mean no one truly knows how anyone else feels and no one can accurately guess all the time. I only know what I feel and who accurately knows what I’m thinking besides myself so of course I tell hyung what I feel towards him.” Mingyu answers while looking at a slightly taken back Jihoon.

“Isn’t it hard though? To express yourself…” Jihoon asks while looking away for a slight moment before returning to Mingyu’s soft gaze.

“Never said it was easy. I care for hyung so I want to tell him anything and everything and vice versa. It does get easier over time though. It’s just always hard speaking up about it first, I guess.” Mingyu replies with a chuckle.

“I mean… Soonyoungie-hyung expresses himself and talks about his emotions pretty well. Well it seems like it at least.” Mingyu starts saying, unaware of the current situation that was happening between the two leaders.

“Yeah… He does.” Jihoon replies back with a sigh before he moves to look at the ceiling while in his head he thinks to himself, ‘Well, he used to that is.”

“What’s with the sudden interest, hyung?” Mingyu asks with a confused expression from the sudden questions that he was asked by his usually quiet roommate. 

 “Just curious.” Jihoon simply answers back.

“Anyway, I’m going to sleep. Goodnight Mingyu-yah.” Jihoon says after a brief silence as he reaches over to charge his phone before turning to his side, his back facing the rapper.

“Goodnight hyung.” Mingyu answers back before Jihoon could hear shuffling which he assumed was Mingyu finding a comfortable position to sleep in.

Jih

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter