Chapter 12

Distance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No One’s POV

Jihoon let out a gentle sigh as he hung his head down to look at the ground while he shifted his weight before he turned his attention to the man standing next to him who had his hands in his pockets while looking up at the sky, but evidently looking exhausted from the late night.

The two have been standing outside in silence for the past 15 minutes without having spoken to each other, which Jihoon found even more surprising, especially from Soonyoung. However Soonyoung on the other hand kept looking up at the sky or simply around them, not striking up a conversation, thinking that was what Jihoon wanted from him at the time.

“My bed… is… cold.” Jihoon says, breaking the silence while glancing away from the dancer before his eyes flickered back at him.

“Why?” Soonyoung asked quietly as he shifted his gaze to look at the man next to him as he turned his head.

“I… don’t know. I was so tired, but I can’t sleep.” Jihoon confesses with frustration evident in his tone.

“Do you… need something?” Soonyoung questioned while he moved to turn his body so that he was now facing Jihoon.

“I mean like.. Is there anything I can do to help?” Soonyoung elaborated once he saw the raise and arch in Jihoon’s brow which indicated confusion.

“Oh… I’m not really sure.” Jihoon simply replied before he saw how Soonyoung’s facial expression turned into a slight pained one before it relaxed once again.

“Do you… Have any suggestions?” Jihoon asks, missing the gentle curve that formed at the corners of Soonyoungs lips because of the darkness of the night.

“Do you want me to stay with you till you fall asleep?” Soonyoung offers cautiously and slightly awkwardly, already thinking that he was going to get shut down once again, but still wanting to offer the idea because on nights like these he always wanted Jihoon by his side, but always hesitated thinking that Jihoon would get more annoyed at him than he already was with the whole affection issue.

Once hearing Soonyoung’s offer, Jihoon froze with a light blush climbing up onto his cheeks, silently thanking the night because Soonyoung couldn’t see. However he didn’t notice how long he was frozen for considering the sound of Soonyoung’s shoes shift on the pavement caused him to snap back into reality, but he soon noticed that Soonyoung was slowly shifting to turn towards the door in silence.

“Um… I’m going to go upstairs. Don’t stay out too late.” Soonyoung says in a quiet voice, hiding his sadness due to his heart being shattered more than it already was.

Soonyoung knew that he shouldn’t have gotten his hopes up, but he couldn’t help it. He wanted to have faith, but as the days went on, it seemed to slowly disappear and get harder. 

As the dancer made his way to the door with a fallen face he paused his movements when he felt a hand tug on his shirt which causes him to turn around and find Jihoon looking down at his feet.

“I’d like that.” Jihoon simply says before he looked up, meeting Soonyoung’s shocked expression.

After Jihoon’s response, Jihoon moved to press the code into the building before he moved past the confused dancer as he walked up the stairs. However he was going to pause his movements to turn around to see why the dancer wasn’t following him, but simply continued when he heard another pair of shoes walking up behind him, indicating that Soonyoung was close behind.

Some time later, they arrived on the 6th floor and in front of the door to where Jihoon’s room was. They quietly made their way into the dorm before Soonyoung gently placed his bag down on the couch.

“Hey… Um, I kind of stink. I’m going to take a shower. I’ll be right back.” Soonyoung says as he disappears into the bathroom with a pair of clean shorts in his hands which were pulled from his bag. 

Jihoon on the other hand walked into his room to find Mingyu snoring while facing the wall. Letting out a small chuckle, he made his way to the closet so that he could change into something more comfortable.

Once he finished changing, he heard his door open quietly before revealing a slightly damp haired hamster who slipped inside before closing the door behind him.

Soonyoung decided to sit on the bed beside Jihoon who was tucked underneath his bl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter