What The Future Holds

The Past is the Past

"Top 1 of the batch is... Ms. Lee Chaeyeon!" The announcer said as she announced the grduating students. Everyone was happy for her especially her friends, her family, and Sakura. "Please come up the stage to recieve your diploma and award, Ms. Lee Chaeyeon. Congratulations." Chaeyeon went up the stage all smiles as she shook hands with the principal and recieved her awards for being the top student and her numerous dance competition wins. "Now, silence is requested as Ms. Lee Chaeyeon shall now give her ending speech as the top student." The announcer said before prompting everyone in the auditorium to give her a round of applause.

"Uhm... (damn this is awkward) Thank you everyone for your never-ending support towards me uhhhh.... (screw it) I never knew I would come back to my alma mater since yes I was a transferee in the past few years in college but before that I was a student here ever since my childhood. Through my years as a student here in PD University, the most enjoyable moment for me was the start of my college life. I met new people, reconnected with my old acquaintances, met the love of my life. That person was the reason why I made it this far in life. Without that person, I would have never come back and finish my studies because as some of you know I went missing for personal reasons. You found me at my worst but you still accepted me despite my shortcomings towards you. I would have never asked for a better person to be with for the rest of my life other than you *looks endearingly at Sakura in the audience. I also want to thank my friends who were there to support me whenever I almost broke down and helped me fix myself and become a better person. I love you guys. I love you, Miyawaki Sakura. I would also like to thank my family who were supportive in everrything that I do which made me want to continue doing what I love the most. Thank you also for accepting me for who I am and supporting my lovelife even if it would seem wrong in teh eyes of others. I love you guys too. Yeah... that's about it I guess haha sorry I don't know how to end speeches hahaha"

Everyone in the audience claps their hands and cheered even more and Chaeyeon noticed someone go out of the auditorium before the principal congratulates everyone and ends the ceremony. Chaeyeon was greeted by warm hugs from her family and even more hugs from her friends but no sign of Sakura. "Congratulations, unnie!" Wonyoung said as she hands her flowers that was boughyt by every one of them. "Yeah and that speech was amazing!" Eunbi smiled and hugged Chaeyeon before hitting Hyewon for her statement.

"You're so good with words, Chaeyeon-ah. So that's why Kkura was smitten by you ahahaha- ouch! What the hell Binnie?" "Use your words carefully Hye or else." "Love you too, Binnie" Hyewon then clings to Eunbi making Eunbi blush even though they are getting married already. "Jesus guys, get a room!" Hyewon's dad said towards the flirty couple who just smirked at him. "Mr. Kang, I think you might have made one of the worst decisions in your life." Ms. Lee said while smirking at the confused dad. "Are you THAT excited for their honeymoon Mr. Kang? hahaha" Mr. Miyawaki laughed at Mr. Kang who now realised his mistake and everyone just laughed. 

Chaeyeon excused herself as she needed to find Sakura since she just left without warning. "Saku-chan! Saku-chan where are you? Sakura!" She kept yelling her name but to no avail. She heard a crying noise inside the restroom and she can recognize that wailing anywhere. She found Sakura crying on the ground even though Chaeyeon was already there. "Why are you crying Saku-chan shhhh..." Chaeyeon tried to calm Sakura down by hugging her and rubbing her back but instead she cried even more. "I-I-I don't deserve someone who is as forgiving and kind as you. All this time I thought you hated me for everything I have done to you in the past but instead, you forgot those things and focused on what I did to make you happy *sniff it's like, I have been a bad girlfriend to you and I think you will lose your love for m and-" Sakura's panicking was cut-off by a pair of lips touching hers. She stopped crying as she returned the kiss and they only stopped when they needed air. 

"What made you think that I would ever lose my love for you?" Chaeyeon asked confusingly. "Yo-your speech... It made me feel like I haven't done anything good to you even though you said those words..." Sakura began to cry again but Chaeyeon stopped her by carrying her bridal style outside the restroom. "Never think that way, Sakura. Never think that because it will never happen, ok? I'm yours and you're mine, forever. Nothing's gonna change that. Now, lets go outside, everyone's waiting for us. We still have that wedding to prepare." Chaeyeon said as she kissed Sakura's forehead as carried her to the outside of the school. 

"Now, who's ready for the most important even of the year!" The parents shouted and everyone cheered as the event they awaited for so long came close.


"I kow pronounce you 12, married. You may now kiss your bride."

Each of them kissed their respective partner as the wedding ended and everyone was cheering for the newly wed couples. "Congratulations! We are so proud of you!" The Lee and Miyawaki family congratulated the two and hugged them. This also happened with the Kims and Ahns, the Jangs and Yabukis, the Kims and Hondas, and the Kwons and Kangs.

Everyone at the Kang family restaurant as Hyewon became the next owner while still wanting to own a bakery with Eunbi. They celebrated and drank and laughed and ate and talked about their futures with their families.

"I'm not sure about what I'm gonna do before making my dance business with Ssambbang over there but for now, I'm gonna enjoy my life as a married woman who is married to the most perfect woman I have ever met. We will just accept what the future holds for us but one thing is for sure, whatever obstacle comes in our way, we will overcome that. Together.

 

----End----