How Are Our Friends Pt. 1

The Past is the Past

Chapter 11

"Actually... It's... " Sakura can't seem to continue what she was talking about and nudged Chaeyeon for help and she got the signal. "If this would happen 3 years ago then I would have slapped myself for letting this happen but now is different. My maid of honor is... Kang Hyewon..." 

They were shocked especially the maid of honor herself at the situation. "Chaeyeon, I thought... You hated me?" Hyewon asked Chaeyeon with utter confusion. "I know but I knew that our wedding wouldn't be as special if my maid of honor wasn't the person who stood by me all those years, even if she betrayed me by kissing my girl in front of me. You're still my best friend even after that and besides, it's all in the past. We are good now. So Hyewon-unnie, would you be my maid of honor?" 

Hyewon chuckled but was very touched to hear Chaeyeon say those words to her. Yes, they were the closest of friends (even before Sakura) and they would be there for each other just like what Chaeyeon said. "Of course, I'll gladly accept that offer." Chaeyeon hugged Hyewon and Hyewon patted her best friend's back. 

"Now, Ms. Miyawaki Sakura, who is your maid of honor?" Yena asked the tearing up Sakura who was shocked by the question. "Uhm... Uh... It's... Kwon Eunbi..." Sakura hesitated to answer but Eunbi hugged her immediately. "Thanks for making us a big part of your wedding and yes, I'd love to be your maid of honor." Eunbi said wholeheartedly which made Hyewon smile. 

"When Binnie and I get married, you two will be our maids of honor." Hyewon confidently said making Eunbi blush hard. "Whipped." Everyone said in unison while looking at the tomato-faced Eunbi. 

"So... When's the wedding?" Yuri curiously asked the couple while clinging on to a slightly taller duck. "Hmm... I was thinking since we needed time to prepare for all of this, we decided after graduation, right Saku-chan?" Chaeyeon answered while ruffling the hair of a certain kitten clinging onto her arm. 

"Yeah and we kinda need your help." Sakura shyly said which made everyone laugh but still agree to their need. 

*A Year Later

"Wow, only a month since graduation huh? I still can't belive we are getting married that fast." Sakura said while sitting beside Chaeyeon on a bench at a park near their university. "Yeah, I'll miss that place. All the cuddling, fighting, puking when Yujin and Minjoo were shamelessly flirting in front of us." Chaeyeon jokingly said which made a certain puppy and frog glare at them. 

"You know we are also here right? In fact,  we are all here, except for Chaewon unnie and Hii-chan." Yujin said as she tried to smack Chaeyeon but was stopped when Minjoo kissed her in the cheek. 

"This is what I was talking about." Chaeyeon replied to their flirting which everyone agreed and Yena even did a fake puking action which Yujin gladly smacked. Everyone laughed at the scene, especially Yuri who was treating her girlfriend's large palm printed face, courtesy of Yujin. 


AN: Since we already know the current happenings between Chaeyeon and Sakura, let's look at how the others are going. 
-------------------------------------------------
Ssambbang 

While this was happening a certain angel was walking to a separate bench with a cone of mint choco ice cream and a cream bun. She sat next to a peach who was busy doing her homework but got distracted when someone sat beside her. 

"Cream bun?" The angel asked her while smiling at the cute girl.  "Wahhhhh Cream Bun! Thank you Chaewonnie :D I wuv you~" The cute girl said which made Chaewon go blush like crazy becuase of her cuteness. "UwU. No problem, anything for my Hii-chan :D" Chaewon said as she kissed Hitomi's cheek making the latter blush also. 

They finished their snacks and fell asleep.  Chaewon woke up and noticed that  everyone had gone and it was already 8 pm. She saw her Hii-chan mumbling something in her sleep. "What is she saying?" She leaned closer to the sleeping girl to hear what she is saying but ended up smiling at her. "Hmmmm... Tomi tomii~" is what Chaewon heard and smiled and kissed her lover. 

She woke her up since it was already dark. "Hey, it's already nighttime. Wanna grab dinner before going back to the dorm? My treat :)" Chaewon said as she woke up a peach sleepibg peacefully on her lap. "Sure Chaewonnie, but this time, I get to pick where we eat." Hitomi was still half-asleep but fully woke up when Chaewon agreed. 

After eating Japanese food which Chaewon surprisingly enjoyed, they went back to their dorm and slept in their shared room, fully satisfied with what happened today. "I love you Chaewonnie." "I love you too Hii-chan" Chaewon kissed Hitomi's forehead and then whispered something to herself. 

"I love you so much Hitomi. If I were to propose to you, would you say yes?" She whispered it to herself before sleeping but was shocked to hear Hitomi speak. "Of course Chaewonnie. Even if it is not the right time, I would also want to marry you. That's how much I love you unnie. I do..." 

Chaewon teared up to hear Hitomi 's answer to what she thought was a question to herself. Chaewon leaned onto Hitomi's face and kissed her in which Hitomi returned. They slept happily with giant smiles plastered on their faces, fingers intertwined with each other. 

--------------------
Jinjoo

As everyone was starting to leave, Yujin held Minju's hand whoch made the older blush intensely. "Hey, can we go to my house? I wanted to show you something." Yujin asked the still blushing Minju who gladly accepted. 

They sent to Yujin's house (not the dorm) amd made Minju wear a blindfold. "Ehy do I need to wear this. I'm scared. Yujin? Yujin where are you... I am not joking where are you... D-did you leave m-me?" Minju kept panicking until she just sat on her place, crying. 

Yujin, who went to the bathroom to wash her face heard the crying rushed to where she left her girl. "Minju! Why are you crying what happened?" "I-I thought you l-left me.. uwaaaaa" Minju continued crying which made Yujin hug her tightly and let her bawl her eyes out on Yujin's shirt. "It's ok shhh don't cry. I'll never leave you, whatever happens." Yujin assured Minju but she doesn't believe her. 

"B-b-but what if, you grew tired of me? What if, you lost all your love towards me? What if-" Minju's panicking was cut off by a tight hug from Yujin. "I'll never leave my precious Mingu. Whatever happens, I'll always be here for you. Never think that because it will never happen, ok?" Yujin reassured her that she is never leaving her but Minju was stubborn. "But what if-" Yujin kissed Minju and she started tearing up again. 

"Stop crying. I hate it when you cry. It makes me think that I did something wrong or I wasn't able to do something right. Now come on, I have a surprise for you." Minju then complied, held Yujin's hand and followed her to the balcony. Minju began to cry as she saw the well-decorated balcony with a banner that made her cry even more. The banner said "Happy 5th Anniversary My One And Only Minju 💙" 

She tried to stop crying but her tears kept flowing but Yujin calmed her down by hugging amd kissing her. After the kiss Yujin knelt down in front of Minju and she couldn't believe what is happening. 

"Minju, from the day we met as classmates in middle school, I knew that you were the one. When we started dating 5 years ago, I knew for sure that I wanted you to be mine and mine alone. It was my happiest time when you said yes to my confession but I was sad when I had to transfer to another school, but fate was on our side when we became schoolmates again here. Now, we are graduating and I wanted to say this for a long time so...  Kim Minju, you know that I love you so much right and I'm willing to do anything for you." Yujin said while still kneeling down in front of Minju and she nodded her head to answer Yujin's question while still crying. 

"Kim Minju, will you marry me?"