Chapter 11: Resist

No More Than Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm still indecisive with my writing style so please bear with me because I'm trying out various techniques. And I've changed the dialouge format to avoid confusion since I've noticed that I put in a lot of conversations in my stories.

"Normal"- Chaewon

"Italicized"- Hitomi

"Bold"- Other people who they have conversations with

And of couse the italicized words/sentences with no quotation marks are their thoughts and some are keywords/highlight words.

Please comment below if it's become more confusing or if you have concerns. I really want to improve my writing so if y'all want to suggest something, I'd really be grateful for that. And I'm also going to edit the other chapters later and adapt them to my new style.

Anyways, sorry for stalling, here's what you've been waiting for.

---------------------------------------------

 

A day in the life of Honda Hitomi is nothing but tiresome. After waking up early in the morning, she prepares for an upcoming shoot for their new album, or if not, then it would be a scheduled recording session for her songs in Bloom*iz. This meant that there would be less time to rest and more time spent on practicing her lines and the choreography. Thank God she had reliable people around her that could help her with the confusing parts that she would usually encounter from time to time, especially in her pronunciation. Actually, one could say that Hiichan's korean is top notch or up to par with her time here in Korea, but the fact that she has only studied the simple words and phrases meant that she would have errors every now and then.

 

And speaking of assistance, she is actually in dire need of one right now, granted that she has to rap a few lines in their song 'Spaceship' and she doesn't know how to say these phrases precisely. Oh how she wished that she had her Hyewon-unnie beside her at the moment. Sadly, the said glutton was bribed by Wonyoung to accompany her to the convenience store in exchange for jellies. *sigh* Nothing but the usual. She would be asking for her Eunbi-unnie as we speak but she knows that their leader is in the studio right now, recording their parts for the song. And the members that could help her out right now? The Yuri who is busy eating and Chaewon-unnie.

 

Just Chaewon-unnie because, she's not even doing anything to be exact, just staring right into space and casually looking at the lyrics for the song. And Yuri, she would have asked her fellow '01 liner, however, she knows that the girl had slept in quite late last night and had just gotten breakfast from the staff. She doesn't want to be called, nor does she want to be insensitive about the hamster's situation right now. Oh, how life throws lemons at Honda Hitomi. She takes a deep breath, preparing to swallow her pride and convince herself to not be affected with the things that are about to happen after this. Ugh, if Yuri took Chaeyeon-unnie's advice last night, she would have spared me the unwanted feelings right now.

 

On the other hand, Kim Chaewon, a person who regrets watching too much K-drama with Yena the night before, feels a subtle tug at the back of her sweater.

 

"Chaewon-unnie."

 

The voice caliing out to her makes her insides churn with happiness. That voice, that cute squeaky voice. Her breath hitches and out of imagination, she feels like as if the clouds have carried her high up in the skies. 'How sweet is the voice reaching out to me. Like a morning dew during a pleasantly rainy day, you have never failed to freshen up the world inside my heart.'

 

And that's when the lead vocal, the so-called radish's world stopped turning. 

 

Wait, what the actual fu~~ Wha-When has the famous Kim Chaewon learn how to be poetic with the simple gestures that people give her? Holy--Wow has Minju finally spread her Shakespeare virus towards me?

 

She contemplates to herself if she should just disregard the previous thought and continue on with her life or make a big fuss out of the way too cheesy creation inside of her mind.

 

"Ehem, Chaewon-unnie."

 

And the it goes again, the soft pull from a certain peach, tugging on her heartstrings along the way.

 

"Yes Hitoma?" She faces the caller, not forgetting to notice how pretty the girl looked.

 

The Japanese hesitates for a bit, looking anywhere but her unnie's face. Strange, Chaewon thought, Hiichan is always straight to the point. Maybe she forgot what she has to say.

 

But damn, does Hitomi look so cute today, with her pink hair done nicely and her fabulous outfit. She never fails to look gorgeous every single day.

 

Once again, she mentally slaps herself. Snap out of it Chaewon, your dongsaeng needs help right now. Stop spacing out.

 

"I wanted to ask for help with my parts in Spaceship." The cheerleader wonders if the person in front of her is so slow because she stayed up late yesterday or if it's because of something else. Her face doesn't quite depict the expression of sleepiness, but more like the shocked expression that their resident hamster would do everytime something surprises her. Cute, but I'm not falling for this trap again. Screw you, weak-willed heart.

 

There she goes again, staring at the cheerleader like as if the girl was a superhero who had just saved her.

 

Hitomi blinks in confusion. Is something wrong with my face? Why is she staring at me like that? She clears to wake the radish from her somewhat weird trance. "Chaewonnie, are you alright? I could ask someone else if you're tir-"

 

"NO!" The girl who recently dyed her hair brown exclaimed, only to realize that she might have been acting weirdly in front of her little sister for too long. "Ehem, I-I mean, I could help you out of course, i-if you want me to. I'm actually free right now and-"

 

The bread lover cut her off, knowing that her unnie would be muttering random stuff now. "Thank you Chaewonnie, hehe."

 

That my folks might have been the end of our brunette, if she hadn't remembered that she still has to teach Hitomi the proper dictation of the lyrics for their song. That laugh, that cute laugh, gives me a reason to keep on living. That laugh, that adorable laugh of yours, makes me want to keep you in my pocket. You are the epitome of the sunshine that leaks on my bedroom window, making me go throughout the day with hope in my heart. Chaewon shrugs the instant poem that popped up in her head, trying her best to act normal in front of her little sister. She gestures the cheerleader to sit beside her, ridding the items on the seat. Once the latter has sat on the chair she immediately fixed herself and brought the lyrics and her phone to play the music. Clearing , she looks at her little sister while smiling sweetly.

 

"So, shall we start?"

 

[And what happened next can be seen in their Spaceship Enozi Cam, where both individuals could be seen trying their best not to be awkward and trying not to show too much affection even though they were dying inside, butterflies swimming in the pit of their stomachs. (A/N: Seriously though, if you haven't watched it yet, you should.)]

--------------------------------

 

She heaves in relief and scrunches her cheeks as she finally sees herself outside of their recording studio. She was finally done recording her lines for the song she's practiced a while ago.

 

Finally, a time to actually get away from Chaewon-unnie.

 

Fixing up her clothers and finger-combing her pink hair, Hitomi walks towards a nearby convenience store

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter