Chapter 5: A Hint of Jealousy

No More Than Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Neomuhae Hii-chan. You're definitely targeting me. Stop hitting me with your bumper car!!"

 

Tss this cheeky mochi. It's been 5 minutes since we've played bumper cars but she hasn't seemed to let me out of her sights. Seeing the grumpy look on my face, she giggles, proud that she's winning over me.

 

"Well, if you think I'm an easy target, you're not getting away that easily," I chuckle, smirking at her and showing a semi-pissed off face. She may look so cute at the moment but I don't want her to think that I'm weak. This Japanese also has some tricks up her sleeve.

 

I was in the verge of bumping my ride into hers when someone also bumped on mine. That's strange, no one bothered our fight until now.

 

"Hey Chaewonnie, how come you're here? Where's Minju gone?"

 

"Ehh, I managed to defeat her, she's bad at these games trust me Hitoma. She's sitting on one of the benches not too far away from here, she says she's tired. Now all I need to defeat both of you," Chaewon-unnie laughs evilly at the two of us, giving me a quick yet intense glare before going after Tomi-chan. What a way to disturb our catching up time.

 

 

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

 

I take the ice pack off my head as Hii-chan offers me a pretzel. Our bumper car moment ended so fast due to a severe collision between me and a certain grumpy redhead. Well, the booth personnel have already apologized because of their unchecked equipment and gave us 4, tickets to the ferris wheel. This injury was a small price to pay to hang out more with this girl that I've missed so much.

 

"How's your head Miu-chan? Has the pain subsided now? Do you need me to put more ice? How about water?"

 

Just then, a sound of a growling stomach could be heard. The fluffy cheeked girl blushed, head down, embarrassed because she's already hungry.

 

"I'm fine Tomi-chan, it's just a mere bump in the head. You should be more concerned about your tummy. It's starting to let out a noice," I smile at her, melting at her cute gaze in an instant.

 

"Are you not gonna ask how your older sister is doing Hitoma? I'm hurt too you know," Chaewon-unnie pouts at Hitomi.

 

"Unnieeeee, Minju tending your wounds is enough. Plus Miu-chan might feel out of place if I help you as well."

 

Her frown worsens as the bread loving girl beside me, reasons out. I swear their so-called radish fairy is acting weird, ever since I came into sight. For all I know, she might be jealous. I don't know the reason behind though, so I can't judge immediately.

 

It was silent for a bit. Both my date and Chaewon's continue checking on our bumps and waiting for it to heal. And I'm not a psychic or anything but I could definitely feel the redhead's scary stares every now and then, making me feel uncomfortable. Even Hitomi and Minju can feel the somewhat negative aura she has at the moment. Did I do something wrong when we were still in Produce 48? Last time I remembered was that she even wished me luck and said that she thinks I will debut as Iz*one. Is she grumpy because Hitomi has her attention on me? Thankfully, after a few minutes someone decides to ease the tension.

 

"Sooooo, care to have lunch already. It's almost 12 PM."

 

All of us agree and we decided to go the food stall where the alleged frog of their girl group suggested us to eat. She says that this was where she and her date right now, ate last time they went here. I immediately notice the mochi girl beside me sulk. Is this a day for people to have negative emotions? Because I actually feel so happy today.

 

While waiting for our orders to be served to us, we conversed for a bit about how our lives are going. The redhead wasn't a fan of why I'm in Korea right now since she keeps on rolling her eyes every time I speak. In a matter of 10 minutes, our food has already arrived. It's a good thing that it came fast because I can feel the tension rise again. I didn't expect Chaewon-unnie to get jealous that easily though. I just asked how Minguri is managing right now and we talked about our memories during the show.

 

Those times when we were teammates with this fluffy cheeked girl on my right. That was the time when we performed "Touch" by Little Mix and the three of us fought for the center position. Those were also the days where I was complimented for being a good center.

 

 

And then there was the concept evaluation where both Iz*one's visual and I were kicked out of our original teams, grouping us in the song "1000%." I was disappointed that I was removed from my former group where Hii-chan was and I'm sure Minju was sad as well. I mean she also felt betrayed that time because she thought her team wanted her around. She was supposed to be with Chaewon, Yuri, and Nako who are in Iz*one now. I guess it's coincidental that our dates right now were one of our former teammates.

 

I'm sure our dates also had hard times while we're in Produce 48. It was hard to be honest, only the strong can survive. I can still remember the times where the bread loving girl beside me used to tell me her frustrations and I would tell her mine as well. Our bond really grew that time. That was also the time where I realized that I had feelings for her. Sure she was small, she barely gets noticed, an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter