Chapter 6: Tense and Confused

No More Than Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once the tickets were given, we immediately rushed to the ferris wheel. Minju grabbed Chaewon's hand on the way, sitting next to her in the ride with Miu and I in front of them. 

 

Our visual was feeling giddy since this was the perfect time to get on this ride since it was sunset. Hugging her date, she says "Wonnieee I'm so whipped for this. We haven't rode this last time."

 

I smile at them, pretending to be excited, but the truth is, I'm not. Here it goes again, the slow cracking of my heart. I know, and have told myself a hundred times already... That I have no right to interfere and be jealous of the both of them because, I'm just a little sister to Chaewon-unnie. But little sisters can get hurt too, right?

 

Alas, the ride started, engines roaring and people, thrilled to see a spectacular view up there. Or maybe just ecstatic to be with the person they cherish. Not me though. They look so sweet, grinning and playing with each other's hair, and later on, adjoining their hands. How can my heart not break at the scene in front of me, right through my very eyes. Both look so in love, while I'm here interfering with their business and even putting Miu in the picture. I should've just stayed home.

 

"Tomi-chan, here. I'm guessing those chubby cheeks of yours are waiting to be filled again with your favorite food."

 

I stare at my date offering me a cream bread, a wide smile on her face while the ride started to ascend, reaching to higher heights than before.

 

"Thank you Miu-chan. But aren't you hungry as well?" I shyly ask. Hmmm, this was unusual, but I guess she just wants me to have fun like the couple in front of us.

 

"Well, we could share, couldn't we?"

 

Giggling at her smooth remark, I divide the cream bun and feed her the other half before digging into mine. I should seriously pay her back for being the best date a girl could have. She never failed to make me smile again despite the melancholy I'm experiencing at the moment.

 

"Oof you've got something on your lips," she says then wipes cream off my face. "You look so cute right now Tomi-chan."

 

"Miuuuuu, stop joking around. You don't have to flatter me," I talk back, embarrassed because of what she said.

 

Suddenly she went near my ear and whispered, "I know you have feelings for Chaewonnie."

 

Shocked that she knows, I pull away and say in a low voice, only enough for me and my date to hear. "W-what are you talking about? H-how?"

 

Giggling at my sudden flustered state, she puts her face back on my ear. "Don't worry, I won't tell. But for now, since I'm your date, let me do my part," she finishes, winking at me.

 

"Minju-yah look! The people outside look like ants. Woaaaah," the readhead states, staring at the ground beneath us.

 

"You're right unnie. They are so cute from up here," Minju happily replies, looking like an ecstatic version of a frog.

 

"You're cuter though," the older bounces back from the statement, winking at her date and giving a finger heart.

 

Both are really cute together. It's no lie that both look like girlfriends, even the netizens say so. They even have their ship name, 2kim. They were obviously meant for each other, having the surname of Kim.

 

I slump on my seat, trying to control my jealousy towards my fellow members with me. My older sister was pinching Minju's cheeks, something she would do to me when she gets near. Who am I kidding? Minju's better than me in almost everything. I am nothing when I'm with her, I'm a mere shadow.

 

Suddenly, the shutter of a certain camera could be heard. Snapping out of my thoughts, I look to where the sound is coming from and find Miu smiling cheesily at me while showing me my picture.

 

"Tomiii looks so adorableeee. Can we take a picture please? To have a remembrance of today."

 

I nod at her request. She then readied her camera and in a blink of an eye, our picture was taken.

 

"Another one Tomi-chan," she snaps another picture of the both of us doing wacky poses.

 

"Last one Hii, brace yourself for this okay."

 

She repositioned the camera and as I was about to do a pouting pose, I felt her lips graze on my cheeks, making me all flustered once again. And then, the camera clicked for the third time, as we reached the top of the ferris wheel.

 

"Miu-chan?! What was that for? You totally caught me off guard," I playfully slapped her arms, pouting. It was actually okay for me though, I know that she's just trying to make me feel better again.

 

"You were blushing Tomiiii. It's so cuuute," my date giggled as she pinched my still pink cheeks.

 

"Ehem, we're still here, for your information. The ride is not over yet and you're being so lovey-dovey in front of us. Can you please stop? Minju and I are disgusted, this scene is too cliche and overrated," a sarcastic voice interupts the fleeting moment between me and my date.

 

"Excuse me Chaewon-unnie but we also didn't mind the two of you being sweet a while ago, in fact, we are happy to see that your relationship is going well. And besides, I'm Hitomi's date, what do you expect? Can't you just mind your own business?"

 

I grab Miu's hand before she says something else. She is right but she doesn't have to talk bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter