Chapter 10: Like I'm Gonna Lose You

No More Than Sisters
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the really really late update. I didn't expect my new school to get me super busy. Anyways I hope y'all forgive author-nim. I made this into third person because it's kinda hard to switch POVs. Hope you guys enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A hefty yawn escapes her lips and makes her eyes watery afterwards. She closes her eyes for a bit, absorbing the energy from the venue, but she can't. She's already tired. Maybe she should tell her companion to call it a day.

 

"Tomi-chan are you fine? Should I bring you back to the dorms already?"

 

Her eyes flutter open revealing a concerned Miu staring at her. Hitomi smiles at her friend, she really doesn't want to spoil the moment so maybe could bear her sleepiness for now. I mean, it's not all the time that you get to hang out with someone close to you, especially since you're preparing for another comeback.

 

"I'm fine with one more stop Miu-chan," she reassures the girl.

 

The tall girl beams a lighthearted smile at her, showing her cute bunny teeth and taking her by the hand later on. "Good. Because I've got one last place to show you."

 

Hitomi checks her watch. 8:59 PM. Well, she still has ample time to go on one last place before she heads back to her members. Well, why not?

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile...

 

In dorm 2, a girl treads back and forth from the kitchen to the living room, clearly thinking about something. Even though she tried her best to let loose, her mind keeps on betraying her. The other members have told her to calm down, however, the thought of her dongsaeng not being safe out there just makes her stomach churn with worry.

 

Is Hitoma already home?

 

In less than a minute, she has already dialed a certain phone number, waiting for it to pick up. The person she called immediately answered, and without any hesitations, she asked the recipient in a matter of seconds.

 

"Chaeyeon-unnie, I'm sorry to bother you, but is Hiichan already there?" her voice, filled with concern.

 

She could quite feel the silence on the other side, only hearing a few murmurs from what she thinks is Yuri and Wonyoung.

 

"Not yet, don't worry though, she promised me that she'll be back before 10," the feather answered with ease.

 

She wants to trust the main dancer's instincts, she really does. But actually...

 

she can't.

 

It's Hitomi on the line after all. Her mind tells her that she needs to know what's happening to the mochi before she could relax. And here she is, not knowing a single detail about her little sister who's on a road trip with her stupid friend who does nothing but hit on her.

 

"Do you think she's fine out there?"

 

The girl on the other phone groans. "Geez Chaewon, don't you think you're worrying too much? I know you're worried, but just trust her on this. She's capable of doing things on her own.We should be happy that she's got people to hang out with, aside from us."

 

Reality hit her once more. She's right, maybe Hitoma's doing great out there with Miu. Maybe I'm being too paranoid. Maybe I'm being too selfish...

 

The only thing she could do right now is let out a long sigh. "Yeah, I guess I'm overreacting to the situation right now. Thanks for taking time to answer my call Jjae." And with that, she ended the call, not even caring about the sudden angry gasp from Sakura saying 'did she just call you Jjayeon?' because why would she ponder on that when her head is still full of 'how is Hitoma doing right now' or 'is she alright at the moment' kind of thoughts. This just . She shouldn't have agreed to let Hiichan go out with Miu...

 

But then again, does she have the right to interfere with the cheerleader's plans? She's just a colleague after all, right? Chaewon sighs for the nth time today, she doesn't want Hitomi to snap on her again but why does she still want to shield Hitomi from other people? She knows that they mean well to her little sister but why is she being like this? She wasn't like this before. Heck she was rarely even jealous of Yujin hogging Minju from her. So why?

 

Her legs, as if they're possesed, walk towards a certain space, not even minding the weird stares she acquired from her dorm members. She rests a hand on the door and looks back at them for a little while.

 

"I have to go somewhere."

 

That's the last thing she said before she dissapeared from her members' sights.

 

"What's with her?" Yena asks, suspicion clearly evident on her face.

 

And, with little-to-no clue, Minju sighs, "Let her be, she's just worried about Hitomi."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hitomi slowly opens the door out of shotgun as the car comes to a halt. She's finally at the dorms.

 

"Well, I guess this is where I'll see you off Miu-chan. I had a really great day today, thank you for taking me out on an adventure," she smiles, crescent eyes showing themselves to the other party.

 

The latter then returns back the favor, slowly pinching the mochi's cheek and saying, "Of course Hii, I'm always here for you. You can call me anytime, anywhere, I'll do anything to meet you halfway."

 

For a split second, the shorter girl hesitates, as if she was weighing down options with something. Slowly facing the driver again, she holds the other person's hand, ears red from her sudden actions.

 

"Miu-chan I have something for you by the way. Can you please close your eyes for a bit?"

 

And with no doubt, the older obliges, gently shutting her eyelids and feeling the girl on the passenger's seat take out something from her bag. She immediately feels something in her hand afterwards. It was... Soft.

 

"You can open your eyes now."

 

When Miu did what she had been told, she was met with a cute, mouse plushy. Hitomi blushed again.

 

"They kinda looked like you so I was thinking if I should get one of those for you. Anyways, before I go, can you close your eyes once more? I promise this won't be a joke."

 

"Sure," and she closed her eyes again, only for her cheeks to be met with a soft pair of lips. She froze in her spot.

 

And when Miu opened her eyes, a crimson red Hitomi came into view.

 

"W-well, that's all I have for you. I h-hope you go home safe," the bread lover immediately hops out of the car, signalling the other to take her leave (before she could see the lead dancer gay panic). With an energetic wave (she doesn't have to wonder on what gave her energy) and a flustered face that's quite like Hiichan's, Miu safely drove her way out of the cheerleader's sight.

 

On the other hand, the girl left at the entrance towards her dorm, slumped her body on the ground, clearly embarrassed from her antics a while ago. Groaning to herself, Hitomi stands up from her spot, gently slapping her tomato-colored cheeks.

 

"Hiichan, you are so dumb."

 

She checks the time fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter