The Long Night

Necklace of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey, it's me the author. i wanna tell yall something, that tbh im more into movie than reading. so, when i wrote this ff, i imagined it as movie. also, i suggest yall to listen Harlem Yu - Qing Fei De Yi (covered by Ysabelle) the english version. Thank you <3

 

“She must not like Hiichan’s idea.” Chaeyeon thought when she glanced at the frowning blonde girl. She noticed Sakura’s serious face without a smile.     

“I don’t think I can join today. But I promise I'll treat you next time. Sorry, gotta go.” Chaeyeon faked a smile and bowed to them before walking away with Prost.   

“O...kay....” Hiichan pouted and waved to Chaeyeon with no energy. “What a fool. Why did you even expect that she would like to join? She will never ever go out with you, Sakura.” Sakura thought, looking at the brunette who had just left them.   

“So, are we going or what?” Nako snapped at them to make them lose their focus on the brunette. “Yeah, let’s go.” Sakura answered the smaller girl softly and tried to show a smile. Nako dragged them away with excitement to go for dinner and watch a movie.  

.  

.  

.  

.  

It was a hectic week for Sakura, she was on a project assignment. She barely got time to go to OTR Café, and she also had no courage to meet the brunette. She kind of thought that she was really a big fool. She was looking for the girl, but when she found her, she lost all her courage to approach and talk to her. But, the big grin on her face was still there whenever she remembered the brunette.   

“You will go to Minjoo’s café when you have summoned all your courage-” A knock on her door was heard, and Sakura was interrupted was she was talking and pointing herself, looking at the mirror.  

“Yeah?” Sakura immediately grabbed the light pink lipstick to not be caught in that awkward situation.  

“I’m done. Are you ready? Minjoo just called me, we will meet at XX Karaoke. No need to fetch her.” Hiichan peeked to look at the blonde who was doing her make-up.  

“Okay, wait a sec. I’m almost done.” Sakura glanced at Hitomi before finishing putting her lipstick.   

.  

.  

.  

.  

“Where are you, Minjoo? We almost reached XX Karaoke.” Hitomi asked Minjoo on the phone when they were already in the parking lot.  

“I AM AT 009 ROOM!” Minjoo tried her best to talked loudly, shouting in the phone, the music was so loud there.   

“Okay.” Hitomi ended the call right away, but she felt something odd because she heard someone sang when Minjoo talked. “Isn’t it only us who go to Karaoke? You, me and Minjoo, right?” Hitomi looked at the blonde with a confused face.  

“Yeah, Nako went back to Japan. So it’s only three of us. Why?” Sakura stopped the engine and grabbed her bag before getting out of the car. They walked to 009 room, but Sakura received a phone call, she asked Hitomi to go inside first.   

Once Sakura was done,  Sakura, who was wearing a long sleeves light pink top with a red skirt just above her knees, slowly opened the door. She could hear the loud music from the room, and it was quite dark because they had turned off the light, the disco light was illuminating the room. She saw 3 people sitting on the sofa at the right and 2 people sitting on the sofa at the left. She slowly walked to the left side, but when the tv light suddenly shone, she can clearly saw the 3 girls on the other couch; Yujin, Hyewon, and Lee Chaeyeon. She was sat on the opposite side of Chaeyeon, on a different sofa. Chaeyeon was next to Hyewon who had Yujin by her side while Sakura was sitting next to Hitomi and Minjoo on her left.   

“Damn. Why is she here!? I’m not ready. Please send help. Anyone, anybody.” Sakura’s eyes widened when she saw the brunette. She felt nervous, and it caused her a sudden stomachache. She sat down and tried to keep her calm.  

“Guys, guys, welcome to S and D corner!  S for sing, D for drink!” Yujin had stopped the music before standing up and talking on the mic. The rest just looked at her, except Chaeyeon who her face buried in her hands. Sakura stole a glance at the brunette. “She really hates to go out with me, huh?” Sakura frowned looking at the brunette who facepalmed.  

“I think all of us need to do a self-introduction first. I’m sure not all of us know each other” Minjoo smiled and felt the awkwardness in the room. It was supposed to be only Minjoo, Hitomi, and Sakura there. But it was by accident that Minjoo met Chaeyeon and her friends while she was waiting for Hitomi and Sakura. So, they, except Chaeyeon, decided to join in the same room.   

“Okay. I’ll go first. I’m Minjoo, OTR’s café owner also Sakura and Hitomi’s best friend.” Minjoo spoked, showing her goddess smile that made Yujin almost drool. Minjoo gave the mic to Chaeyeon, who was sitting in front of her. Chaeyeon was surprised and froze, she didn’t know what to say.   

“Hi....” She cleared before talking, she felt like she wanted to bury herself when the rest of the girls stared at her in silence.   

“That’s Chaeyeon, our zombie who is going to be single forever and live with her dog.” Yujin helped Chaeyeon to introduce herself. She knew how miserable was the latter when she needed to talk in front of people. “And this is Hyewon, the weird-” Yujin was interrupted before she could finish her sentence, Hyewon snatched the mic away from her, frowning at Yujin. “I’m Hyewon, you want to know your future? Find me.”  

“Hi, I'm Hitomi. But just call me Hiichan, right, Chaeyeonnie?” Hitomi smiled, glancing at Chaeyeon. She wasn’t expecting that she will hang out and met Chaeyeon here since the last time Chaeyeon refused to go out with them. Chaeyeon just nodded shyly, she couldn’t look at Hitomi, because she didn’t want to end up looking at the mid-length-haired girl.  

“I-I'm Sakura.” Sakura felt going dry, and it was hard for her to talk. She glanced at Chaeyeon, and their eyes met. It made her even more nervous about speaking, even if it was quite dark, but she still could see those beautiful eyes, locked with hers.   

“Okay! Let’s start S and D now!” Yujin tried to break the tense atmosphere. She put the empty beer bottle in the center of the glass table, between their sofa. “I’ll spin it. The one who is pointed will choose to sing or drink one glass in one shot, of course.”  

The games started, but Chaeyeon was feeling 100% anxious. “I’m not gonna be drunk. No drunk, big no, no. That's not gonna happen, or I’ll end up saying nonsense.” Chaeyeon looked at the spinning bottle hoping that it will not stop on her. “Please, not me.”  

The bottle stopped on Chaeyeon. “Lee Chaeyeon, you will go first! I’m in awe with your luck.” Yujin teased the brunette, she truly knew how much Chaeyeon hated this situation.   

Chaeyeon just grabbed the glass of whisky and drank it in one go without saying anything. “I still can handle it, if it’s only some glasses.” Chaeyeon just looked at her glass while Yujin started to spin the bottle again. This time the bottle stopped on Hitomi, and she chose to sing Heavy Rotation by AKB48. She was quite confident, she not only sang but also danced. Thanks to Hitomi, she erased the awkwardness and replaced it with her excitement and cuteness. They followed Hitomi in the dance for the chorus part and sang along, except those two cowards who was sitting lifeless on the edge of the couch.   

The game kept going until Sakura was pointed by the bottle. “Drink or sing, Sakura-chan?” Yujin looked at the blonde, pouring the whisky in the glass. “Drink.” Sakura grabbed the glass and drank the whisky in one go. Chaeyeon looked at Sakura who seemed struggled to drink the whisky “She doesn’t really seem good with drinking. Why didn’t she just choose to sing?” Chaeyeon felt worried by looking at the blonde.  

“I’m not gonna sing. Never. She will know that I’m a deaf tone, horrible singer. Embarrassing." Sakura thought and decided to choose to drink every time she was pointed. While the others were having fun, Chaeyeon stole a glance at the blonde. She noticed Sakura’s grin while she was busy on her phone. Not long after, Hitomi received a phone call, and she excused herself to leave first. She had an urgent call for urgent patients at the shelter. Hitomi borrowed Sakura’s car to go to Baby Paw Shelter. So, Sakura planned to go home with Minjoo.   

While the game was still ongoing, someone opened the door, and it was a brown curly hair girl with a black dot dress walking into the room, she was Kwon Eunbi, their high school classmate. Sakura’s face changed when she saw Eunbi. She smiled and welcomed Eunbi to sit beside her. “Seems like a new member is joining our game.” Yujin couldn’t help but pour one glass of whisky for Eunbi. “What’s your name?”  

“Eunbi.” The brown-haired girl answered Yujin before scanning who else was also there, but her eyes widened when she saw Lee Chaeyeon and Kang Hyewon there. “Eh? What's with this? Why there are Lee Chaeyeon the mafia and the weirdo Kang Hyewon here?” Eunbi whispered to Sakura immediately

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter