Good Laugh Good Night

Necklace of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon bit her finger, feeling nervous because of the middle age lady who was sitting at the table near the window. She waved, asking the menu.  

Chaeyeon saw it, and she took the menu. She slowly walked toward her. Should I call her name and greet her? Did she even remember me? Or just smile? But what if she remembered me and I didn’t greet her?   

“Mrs. Bae, this is the menu. Today we have special menu with 30% discount for it.”  

The lady was Mrs. Bae Yoon Jeong, she was Chaeyeon's high-school scary teacher. They had never been close.  

Mrs. Bae stared at Chaeyeon and that made Chaeyeon gulp nervously. Who wouldn’t be nervous while being fixed by two sharp and intimidating eyes?  

“Hum… Lee…Chae... yeon…?” Mrs Bae looked at Chaeyeon’s name tag.   

“Lee Chaeyeon. I'm Lee Chaeyeon. I was your student at IZONE high school.” Chaeyeon bowed and smiled awkwardly.   

“I see. I’d like an Americano and Cinnamon buns" A warm smile was drawn on the older woman's face.  

“Okay, thank you.”  

.  

Chaeyeon checked Mrs Bae who was sitting there quietly. She stayed there for several hours, busy with her laptop.   

Before the door’s chime could be heard again, the red liquid in Chaeyeon’s pendant started twisting again. There was stunning girl with blonde middle short hair walking into the café. She was wearing a pink outfit with short pants.   

“Hello." The blonde girl shyly greeted while she was at the doorstep.   

“Sakura-sshi, are you looking for Minjoo-sshi?” Yujin didn’t let Sakura answer “Too bad, she’s not gonna come tonight. She said she had something to do."  

“Ah… my bad. I should have call her before coming.” Sakura scratched her head awkwardly. Gladly she didn’t think that she was coming here to meet Yujin’s friend. Sakura scanned the café, looking around. She hadn’t seen the girl that she was looking for yet.   

“Would you like to have a drink? Maybe staying there for a while. I mean, it’d be such a waste to leave already."   

“What should I do now I’m here?” She remained quiet for a few seconds. “I’ll order a green tea latte then.” Sakura tried so hard to act natural. She was too afraid that they would notice that she came to the café on purpose to meet Chaeyeon, and not Minjoo.    

“Okay, just sit wherever you want. We’ll proceed your order."   

Sakura hesitated about her seat. She hadn’t seen her crush yet. She looked around until a voice startled her. “Miyawaki Sakura?”  

Sakura looked at the person. That voice was familiar. She got excited when she saw it was her favorite teacher, Mrs. Bae Yoon Jeong.   

“Mrs. Bae?” Her eyes widened, she rush to the older woman and they hugged tightly. They started making small talks, to fill the hole after the graduation.  

Not long after, Chaeyeon slowly walked to them. She was holding the green tea latte, Sakura's order. 

“Okay, please don’t make mistake now, Chaeyeon, please be cool. Don’t show a creepy smile, you need to stay with a poker face. Yeah your crush’s up there but your scary teacher’s also there. .” Chaeyeon mumbled to herself as low as she could, making sure no one could hear her. She tried to calm herself and to not grin like an idiot… and not to walk like a robot.  

“Excuse me, sorry for the interruption. This is your green tea latte, Sakuchan.” Chaeyeon served them, trying to avoid eyes contacts but she helplessly wanted to catch a glance to her crush and when she did, her face automatically lightened.  

“Sakuchan? Are you close?” Mrs. Bae bluntly asked it. She remembered that Chaeyeon was only close to Hyewon and wasn’t friends with anybody else.  

“Huh?" Sakura and Chaeyeon let out at the same time, both of them panicking. They exchanged a glance and mumbled. “Are we?”   

 Chaeyeon and Sakura were about to answer the question but they got interrupted. “Okay, let’s have dinner together later, once Chaeyeon is done with her shift.” Mrs. Bae said this as if it was nothing, a bright smile on her lips. 

“W-What? All of a sudden?” Both of them were really panicking because of their former teacher's suggestion. 

“This place is good. Their pork belly and short ribs are the best. I used to come here, now when I hang out around here." Mrs. Bae spoke up.  

“Yeah, I can’t wait to fill up my stomach then." Sakura let out a giggle. It was weird and awkward for Chaeyeon, so she just nodded and smiled at them the whole time.   

As Mrs. Bae and Sakura were busy having a conversation, Chaeyeon was the one who grilled and took care of the meat. She even wrapped meat for Mrs. Bae and Sakura. Even though she hadn’t spoken a word, the younger enjoyed the food so much, she just kept on eating and eating. Mrs. Bae and Sakura cast a glance at the younger girl, then they stared each other like they’re doing telepathy and they stopped talking. They glanced at the brunette who was busy enjoying the meat. They looked at each other again and couldn’t help it but burst into laugh.  

“…Yeah…?” Chaeyeon seemed puzzled with what had just happened there, because she wasn’t really listening to what they were talking about. She kind of felt nervous now that they both were staring at, laughing. Chaeyeon followed them and chuckled too even if she didn’t know what they were laughing about. 

“Are those really that tasty?” Mrs. Bae asked Chaeyeon while trying to stop her laugh.   

“Yeah....” Chaeyeon answered with an innocent face like a kid filled with excitement. Sakura wished she could capture that moment, it was so adorable.   

“Chaeyeon, I wonder, didn’t you want to become a dancer or a choreographer? How is it now?” Finally Mrs. Bae could stop her laugh and her tone turned serious now.   

Chaeyeon gulped with the sudden tension related to the question. It wasn’t like Chaeyeon didn’t pursue her dream, it was just that she had not achieved it yet or maybe she was not even close to it yet. She lacked of chance and money to pursue her dream, all she could do was practicing when the training rooms were empty.   

“Hum...  It’s hard to say… But I still wish that will happen one day.” Chaeyeon answered with her head down. To be honest she felt ashamed because she was not even one step closer to her dream. It was still too far away. 

“But, Chaeyeon got hired as a dance trainer now.” Sakura added, Chaeyeon looked at the blonde with a confused expression. “My mom’s friend’s daughter really like to dance. She wishes she could become an idol someday. She desperately wants Chaeyeon to be her trainer.”  

“Really? That’s cool. It will be a good start to pursue your dream. I'm sure you can do it.” There was a warm smile on Mrs. Bae face, the scary face was gone. It warmed Chaeyeon’s heart to be supported like that. Chaeyeon wasn’t used to this, but she liked it.   

“Yeah, Chaeyeon is really cool when she dances, light like a feather.” Sakura giggled and looked at Chaeyeon, her mind reminiscing when she accidentally saw Chaeyeon dancing on school’s rooftop and the video on her flash drive.   

Why she talked like she had seen me dance? I mean she did that time but it was only once, Chaeyeon wondered, raising her right eyebrow with her eyes on the blonde. Sakura quickly changed the topic to escape from the brunette’s glare.   

.  

.  

.  

Yujin  

Minju-sshi, do you wanna know something?  

  

Minjoo  

What? Just spill it. Don't tell me you broke things at the café.  

  

Yujin  

For real, stop your negative thinking about me. Everything’s fine, nothing’s broken.   

I’m still the best employee of the month. Lmaoo  

  

Minjoo  

-___-   

So what is it?  

  

Yujin  

Your bestie’s on dating right now kekeke  

  

Minjoo  

With who? How do you know?  

  

Yujin  

Just playback your café's security cam. You will now kekeke.  

  

Minjoo  

Kkura with Chaeyeon? Who’s that lady? Never saw her.  

  

Yujin  

I dunno. But seems like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter