Brighter when You're Around

Necklace of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Happy Chinese New Year and Happy Valentine's day. We literally just fed well by kkuchaen's valentine vlive(?) lmao . They are so cute maigotttt. also SKR CALLED CY OPPA??? LMAO IDKY BUT SUSPICIOUS- Happy reading btw kekeke and dont forget put some comments please. ur comment is our strenght 

.

.

.

“Sakuchan...” Sakura had still her eyes closed.  

“Sorry, I-I think you laid on my glasses.” Sakura quickly got up when she heard what the younger had said. It caused them to bump onto each other’s heads. Chaeyeon stepped back a little because of this.  

“I’m sorry, I’m so so sorry.” The blonde was panicking and kept apologizing. But Chaeyeon just laughed it off, she couldn’t stop laughing. Her hand still on her forehead.  

“It’s fine. Don’t worry.”   

“Let me look at it. It must be red now.”Sakura removed Chaeyeon’s hand to check her forehead   

“It’s okay. I’m fine, also your head got hit—“  

“Oh my god, it’s really red.” Sakura felt bad about it and she blew on Chaeyeon’s forehead before massage it gently. The younger girl was taller than her, so she need to tip toed to reach her temple.   

Chaeyeon could still see how worried Sakura, even without her glasses, Sakura was so close to her face, she could easily read her expression. It warmed her cold heart. It was for this kind of affection that she was longing for. She liked it, she liked being with Sakura, a smile crept on her face.  

“Why you smiling? Is it that bad? Do I need to check your temperature?”   

“Hahahaha. It’s just, how could you just blew it? Do you think the pain will be gone and fly away with your blow?”  

“You might don’t believe it, but that’s really works"   

“Really? Try it again, then."  

Sakura tried to blow it but Chaeyeon tip toed so Sakura couldn’t reach it. Being playful like this wasn’t really like Chaeyeon. But yeah, Chaeyeon could feel that she lived her life way brighter now.  

.  

The lights were off now, Sakura slept on the bed while Chaeyeon and Prost were sleeping on the floor covered with a bedsheet. The younger girl insisted that Sakura sleep on the bed. Sakura felt bad, because Chaeyeon might have a sore back on the next day. But, the younger girl was more stubborn than her, she couldn’t win this.   

“Chaeyeon? Sleeping?” Sakura rolled on the left side to take a glance at the younger girl.  

“Hum? Why?”  

“Sorry….”  

“Why sorry again? You’ve been saying sorry for 88 times."  

Sakura was silent for a while, then she spoke again “Sorry because I broke your glasses, your head and now you’re sleeping on the floor. I feel bad."  

“How can I make you stop feeling bad then?” Chaeyeon didn’t say anything else, she had a slight headache at that moment.  

“Hum… Sleep with me, in the bed. It still has a lot of space. For Prost too. The three of us.” Sakura patted the bed to show the space still available, she tried to convince the latter.  

How could she said that like nothing? Sleep with her huh? I’m sure she doesn’t realize what she just said, Chaeyeon thought. Her heart beat like a crazy because of the innocent offer.  

Chaeyeon still hadn’t moved nor answered the latter. So, Sakura pulled Chaeyeon’s arm and led her to the bed. Prost followed them and jumped into the bed to join the fun.  

“Told you it fits. There’s still a lot of space here. Prost also like to sleep comfortably on bed. Poor Prost." Sakura was busy fixing the bed and kept nagging because the younger girl was so stubborn. But on the other side, the younger froze here. They were so close, if they moved a bit they would be touching.   

Chaeyeon just stared blankly at the ceiling, she could hear the clock ticking, her heart beating, and felt her head squeezing. Not long enough after, a heavy breathing could be heard.  

Is she sleeping? That’s fast, Chaeyeon thought. She tried to turn her head to the right side real slowly. It was dark and also kind of blurry.  

Okay, never mind. I can’t see anything anyway. Better to sleep, turn off my brain. Don’t think, just sleep. The night was quiet but it was loud inside Chaeyeon’s mind. She wished she could just punch herself and faint.   

Chaeyeon closed eyes tightly, hoping she would fall asleep soon. But her mind and her head betrayed her. Minutes after minutes, Chaeyeon still couldn’t sleep. The other girl was already in a deep sleep. Chaeyeon remembered something. Her necklace. She took out her necklace and observed it. The red liquid slightly shone and the red liquid was still twisting.   

What was happening with this necklace? Was this some kind of magic, but it was the first time it behaved like this. Chaeyeon put the pendant near Sakura's face to see her. The light of the red liquid became way brighter as it was getting closer to Sakura. Chaeyeon could now distinguish her face in the dark. 

 Weird... that what was inside of Chaeyeon’s mind. The brunette was still focus on her necklace, suddenly there was hand clinging to her body. It made her froze. At that point, Chaeyeon couldn’t sleep a wink.  

.  

The blonde got up, her hand tried to reach the younger girl. But there was no one beside her anymore. Just an empty cold space. She got attacked by Prost, the dog jumped on her to her face.  

“Omo, omo. Stooop. Stop it.” The blonde chuckled, she rolled to hide her face, but it didn’t stop Prost from attacking her. “Nooo. You just stole my first kiss." She ended up by hiding her head under the pillow. After a few seconds, there was no more attack from Prost. She checked on him, she discovered that there was a pretty girl standing beside the bed, holding the naughty boy. 

The older girl remained speechless for a moment, mesmerized by the beauty of the girl. She didn’t mean to but she wasn’t aware of her position which looked kinda embarrassing. Her up like doing some yoga movement.   

“Morning~" A sweet smile greeted her. It was pretty breathtaking to have this kind of view in the morning.   

“M-Mor-ning”  

How am I supposed to stay alive if I got attack twice in the morning like this, the pet and the owner are the same? Sakura thought, she still in that weird position.  

“A-Are you okay?” The brunette tilted her head at the same time with her cute dog. They both looked confused with the blonde girl who was acting weird.  

Sakura snapped back. Then, she tried to stand up fast but it made her lose her balance. The brunette offered her hand, trying to reach her. She grabbed the younger’s hand but the brunette lost her balance too.  

They both stayed silent. It was early in the morning but they had chosen chaos to start their day. Both of them were lying down on the bed but Chaeyeon was on the top of the older girl.  

Their eyes locked, they remained like that for a second, holding back their breath.   

“Why does your eyes look so tired? You couldn’t sleep?” Sakura cupped her hand on the younger’s face.  

The younger didn’t answer, she enjoyed the warmth from the older's hand.  

“Am I the one who caused this?”  

Chaeyeon moved, she stood up and walked to the dining table.  

“Nope. It’s not. I usually woke up like this. Let’s have breakfast but go wash yourself first. You smell like Prost.” Chaeyeon couldn’t hold back her laugh. 

“Do I? It must because of you, you wet my whole face” Sakura tried to smack Prost, but he ran away. The contagious laugh could be hear, Chaeyeon laughed so hard looking at those silly two being playful.  

.  

“Here? Is this where you work?” Sakura asked, looking at the building.  

“Yeah, why?”  

“I think Chaewon’s parents own it."  

“Wow, really?”  

“Yeah. By the way, thank you for letting me drive you to work." Sakura looked at the burnnette, a smile on . 

“Shouldn’t I be the one thanking you now?” 

They both chuckled, wishing it would last longer. But time flew so fast, they wished they could stay a bit longer together like right now. Enjoying each other’s presence.   

“I think I should go now." Chaeyeon said, a hint of sadness in her voice.  

My goodness, why am I feeling sad now? It’s not like we will never meet again, Chaeyeon thought.  

“Yeah, you will be late…” the smile on blonde’s face slowly disappeared. 

“I’ll go now." Chaeyeon smiled and petted Sakura’s head before walking out. Her smiled felt warm, like assuring they were going to meet again soon.  

“Bye bye. Drive safely Sakuchan." Chaeyeon waved from the outside.  

“Bye. Have a nice day. You go inside first.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter