The Growth

Necklace of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey.... is that you? Oji-kun?” Chaeyeon said, walking closer to the figure. She was surprised. It had been 2 years since the last time they met. But, her voice startled the cat, he slowly stepped back.   

“It’s me, Chaeyeon. Easy boy. Do you still remember this?” Chaeyeon put down the bento boxes and grabbed her brown backpack. She took out some cat foods and went down, trying to give to Oji-kun, he slowly approached Chaeyeon and ate the food.

She looked at Oji-kun with caring eyes and slightly pouted because of his previous behavior. “How dare you to forget me?” Chaeyeon kind of spaced out and some precious memories came back in her mind.  

.  

.  

.  

(FLASHBACK)  

“Ya, Lee Chaeyeon. Look at this. I got this from my grandma” Hyewon showed Chaeyeon the necklace. It had a triangle shape, a red triangle. It was attached at a small chain by a kind of steel crown.   

Chaeyeon just glanced on the necklace and said “Are you going to be rich now?” She smirked and continued what she doing, she was edited some audio for her practice dance.  

“Maybe? I don’t know. Should I bring it to the jeweler? Hyewon chuckled, exanimating her grandma’s necklace.   

“DONE!” Chaeyeon unplugged her flash drive before stretching her stiff body. She took a look around and spoke “Did you realized that Oji-kun hadn’t come to us for almost a week? Weird...”   

“He’s done with you. You just gave him dry cat food. You should have fed him with some tasty fishes too.” Hyewon spat the fact on Chaeyeon’s face with a harsh tone. She didn’t even bother too look at the latter and kept staring at the necklace.  

“I think I’m the one who’s done with you.” Chaeyeon stood up and said “I’m leaving, don’t forget to bring my laptop in class-”   

“Nope. I'm a weak girl, don’t ask me to lift this old heavy laptop of yours.” Hyewon told her, shrugging.  

“BYE” Chaeyeon grabbed her flash drive and walked away without minding what Hyewon had just said. She walked in the school, playing with the flash drive in her hands until she reached the greenhouse.

She saw a long raven-haired girl inside. She was holding Oji-kun. Chaeyeon dropped her flash drive. She quickly hid behind the corner. She could feel her heart beating faster and faster at each second.   

“Damn it, my flash drive. Why I am even hiding? . Should I just walk out as if nothing happened and find this stupid flash drive?” Chaeyeon leaned against the wall. She put her right arm on her chest, her heartbeat hadn’t slowed down. She felt so nervous, her body getting hotter.   

Chaeyeon tried to peek and scanned the area for her flash drive, but she got distracted by the girl. She was busy taking a picture of Oji-kun and a few bonsai. “Stop moving, Oji-kun. Come on. Stand still. You look adorable here”. Chaeyeon couldn’t help but smile like an idiot because of the other. It reminded her the first time she noticed that girl under the cherry blossom tree.   

The long raven-haired girl bent down to put a bowl of food for Oji-kun. She tied up her hair in a ponytail, looking at the cat who was eating. Chaeyeon wasn’t even blinking anymore. The girl stood up and kept trim her bonsai. She put a lock of her hair behind her right ear, Chaeyeon gulped and felt her heart stopping beating all of a sudden.

She could distinguish a slight smile on the girl’s face and how bright she looked at that time. But the view shattered when the raven-haired girl turned her head towards Chaeyeon.   

Chaeyeon hid quickly. She held her breath. She finally decided to walk away before the other girl found her standing there. Chaeyeon forgot her flash drive. She couldn’t think straight anymore. She just wanted to get out of that place and not be caught.   

.  

.  

.  

.  

“Who is it?” Sakura slowly walked to the front door and checked at the place where someone was standing a few seconds ago. She thought that it could have been Yena who was trying to prank her. She didn’t saw the figure clearly, because at the moment she glanced at that figure, the person quickly ran away.  

“Yena? Is that you? Don’t dare you to prank me. I’m not scared at all!” Sakura almost yelled, slowly walking toward the corner. She didn’t see anyone here. She walked back to the greenhouse, and she noticed a flash drive on the ground. “Whose is this? Was that person looking for it?” Sakura thought, rubbing her nape slowly.  

.  

.  

At night, Sakura prepared her textbooks for the next days, and she saw the flash drive that she had found that morning. “How can I give it back to the owner if they didn’t put a name on it?” Sakura thought, her eyebrows forming a small frown on her face.

She turned her laptop on and plugged the flash drive inside. She just wanted to check if there was anything to identify the owner. She found nothing more than audio and videos files.   

“Should I open it? Am I allowed to do this? But, if I don’t play it, I may never know who the owner is.” Sakura had to fight with herself, staring at the videos. Finally, she decided to open it, for the flash drive’s sake. “Alright. Let’s go. I don’t mean to look at your privacy, but I just need to give you back to your owner, okay?” Sakura suddenly tried to make a conversation with the device.  

Sakura could feel her heart beating loudly when the first things she saw on the video was Lee Chaeyeon’s face, a close up of the girl who just the camera. “Lee Chaeyeon? That girl? What she gonna do?” Sakura continued watching the video.

She saw Chaeyeon standing in an unfamiliar room with training clothes. Sakura heard music, and the taller girl started dancing. “Is that really her?” Sakura couldn’t believe what she just saw. She rubbed her eyes, just to check that she was dreaming. Chaeyeon’s moves looked so neat and beautiful, her body moving along the music as if it was flowing in her veins. Sakura wasn’t aware that she was gaping at the video of Chaeyeon dancing.   

She felt strange, something in her chest felt weird, and she rushed to stop the video. She felt kind of guilty about playing the video. She turned her laptop and the light off. She jumped into her bed, slipping under the sheets. She closed her eyes and hoped to quickly drift to her dreams.

But Sakura couldn’t sleep. Her mind couldn’t stop thinking and didn’t want to let her rest. “Was it Chaeyeon hiding this morning? But why? Why was she there? Was she looking for her flash drive? But how did she drop it near greenhouse? She wasn’t any school clubs.” Those thoughts bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter