Reverse

Necklace of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyeon quickly closed Hyewon’s mouth with her hand not to let her continue what her sentence. Hyewon, who was surprised with the result, kept balancing her gaze between the card and the brunette.  

“What? What now? If Chaeyeon doesn’t want to know, just tell me then.” Yujin was confused at the situation, staring at the shocked Hyewon.  

“Ssshhhh.” Hyewon gestured Yujin to stop talking. Chaeyeon and Yujin kind of panicked because of Hyewon’s behavior.  She was already weird, but now she was even weirder and scarier. They stayed silent for a few minutes. Chaeyeon just played with Prost while Yujin was busy with her phone.   

“Let’s continue the game.” Hyewon spoke in a serious tone. So, they continued their game until it was Chaeyeon’s turn and she chose dare again. This time Hyewon dared her to wear Hyewon’s grandma’s necklace. It had a triangle shape, a red triangle. It was attached at a small chain by a kind of steel crown. She dared the brunette to wore it until Hyewon asked the necklace back.  

“You gotta be kidding me. What kind of dare is it? Are you trying to frame me as a thief now?” Chaeyeon stared at Hyewon with an annoyed face. Yujin laughed how annoyed was Chaeyeon’s look. That reminded her when Chaeyeon stole and ran away with someone else’s dog. Chaeyeon wasn’t happy with the dare, didn’t wear that kind of jewelry. She narrowed her eyes, looking at Hyewon.  

“Just wore it. You can hide it in your clothes.” Hyewon stood up and approached the brunette, she put the necklace around her neck. Chaeyeon frowned. It was a freaking ridiculous dare. It was easy, but she preferred simple jewelry.   

.  

.  

“Chaeyeon, can you bring this to my friend? I can’t leave now, she’s waiting outside.” Minjoo handed a paper bag to Chaeyeon.   

“Ah... Alright, But what person?  I mean, how will I know that’s her?” Chaeyeon scratched her head, grabbing the bag.   

“Her car license plate number is 3823. She will be in her car.” Minjoo wrote down the car license plate number on small memo before gave it to Chaeyeon.  

Chaeyeon walked to the car park. She wasn’t aware of the red liquid inside the necklace, which was rotating around the center like a cyclone while she was approaching the car with the right license plate number. She reached the car, she couldn’t see inside because of the tint windows. Chaeyeon was confused, there was no response even though she was already standing there. So she tried to knock at the window. Sakura, who was inside the car, was busy talking on the phone and she didn’t notice the person standing her car. When she heard the knock, she lowered the window.   

Chaeyeon leaned her left arm on the door. “Are you Minjoo-sshi f-” She couldn’t finish her question because of the person inside the car. She didn’t blink when her eyes fell on the mid-length-haired girl with her small tiny pink lips. She wanted to talk, but her voice wasn’t coming out. She stepped back and cleared .   

Sakura opened the door and stood up while Chaeyeon moved back again. She didn’t want get too close o the blonde, she thought she will scared her. “Y-Yes. I’m Minjoo’s friend.” Sakura stood there, awkwardly, speaking in a small tone. She stole a glance at the taller girl while she played with her little finger.  

“Ah... O-Okay. Here, this.” Chaeyeon could feel her blood rushing inside her body, her face became warm and especially her ears. She wasn’t bold enough to look at the blonde’s eyes, so she just looked at her jaw when she gave her the paper bag.    

Sakura moved her hand to take the bag, but her fingers accidentally touch the taller’s. They both dropped the paper bag, feeling electricity when their fingers met. Sakura immediately bent down and grabbed it with her left hand, her right hand putting a lock of hair behind her ear. Chaeyeon just stood there, the closeness made her heart stop beating. Sakura raised her head and locked her eyes with the brunette’s. At that moment, they were lost in time, losing their mind.  

“I-I’m sorry.” Chaeyeon blushed hard. She looked away, and she turned around to leave the blonde there. She fought with the butterflies in her stomach. She was going to rush back in the café. But a familiar voice made her stop. “Y-You are Chaeyeon, right?”   

Chaeyeon froze for a couple of seconds, she still not turning her back. Chaeyeon smiled unconsciously, Sakura’s broken Korean made her name sound more like Jjaeyeon. But she found that the mistake was cute. For the second time, the blonde voice could be heard “Thank you, Chaeyeon.” Chaeyeon didn’t know how to answer, she felt numb, and it was unbelievable that the blonde knew or at least still remembered her name. She was too shy to turn her body and look at the mid-length-haired girl. She decided to give her a thumb up without looking at her before taking a small running to the café.  

Sakura couldn’t take her eyes off the brunette who was walking away. She could see Chaeyeon’s long straight hair, she was wearing the white t-shirt from her uniform with skinny black jeans. She couldn’t understand what just happen, but her heart was crazy. She went in the car and looked into the rear-view mirror to check how red was her face.   

“Nooooo.” Sakura yelled when she saw her blushing cheeks. She rested her forehead on the car’s steering. She closed her eyes, but the vision was so clear in her mind that she still could see the brunette.   

“Cute.” The grin on her face was unstoppable when she remembered how red the brunette’s ears were. But her phone rang, snapping her back to reality.  

“Sakura, where are you? Are you near now?” Wonyoung spoke in a worried tone.  

“Y-Yeah. I’m on my way. I’ll be there before our turn for the presentation.” Sakura started the engine and left the place quickly. She forgot that she had to hurry to go back to class when she was with the brunette. The big smile on her face was still there.  

.  

.  

.  

“Chae? Are you alright?” Minjoo asked the girl with a worried voice. She had noticed the red face of Chaeyeon. She was about to put her palm on Chaeyeon’s forehead to check her temperature.   

“Eh, don’t. I’m sweating.” Chaeyeon quickly held her boss’s hand to prevent her from touching her face. “It’s okay. I’m fine. I-It’s just hot outside.” Chaeyeon mumbled, she smiled to her boss, wiping her sweat.   

“Really? Are you sure? You don’t look well.” Minjoo moved closer her face to the latter face, but Chaeyeon looked away. Minjoo was too close for her liking.  

“Yeah, I’m fine. I just need to go to the restroom” Minjoo frowned and not pleased with the latter answer, but Chaeyeon smiled and showed her a thumb up. She tried to convince her boss and slowly stepped back to wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter