Can We Call it as Courtship?

Necklace of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They walked in the park, enjoy the falling night. It was silence, but they didn’t mind, it wasn’t awkward. There was something in Sakura’s mind, something was bothering her.  

“Sakuchan?” Chaeyeon finally spoke up, her eyes on Sakura.  

“Y-Yeah?” The older woman was startled because of the sudden voice pulling her out of her deep thoughts.   

“I know there are a lot of questions in your head right now. I’ll try my best to answer them."  

Sakura was quiet for a moment, wondering if she should ask if she could ask. Chaeyeon waited patiently, not wanting to rush the other woman. 

“It’s just… What happened?— It’s okay if you don’t want to answer. I want to understand so next time I can help you to go through that.” She didn’t let Chaeyeon speak yet. “I don’t know what I could do anyway, but you know, just be there for you.” Sakura stopped walking, her heart pounding in her chest. The brunette was still quietly, slowly walking.   

I’m such an idiot, she looked a bit better after our talk and I ruin her mood, Sakura thought. She bit her lower lip in silence, deeply regretting her words.  

It was silent for a few seconds but it seemed like hours for Sakura. Chaeyeon stopped walking at some point.  

She turned around and spoke up “I heard a familiar voice… It said, you will be fine. That nurse…” Chaeyeon shut for a moment, her head was down. “Her voice reminded me of my mo— nightmare.” She looked at Sakura, a smile on her lips. But it wasn’t a happy smile, there was a trail of sadness in it. Chaeyeon continued to walk again, the blonde quietly followed her. She felt bad for reminding Chaeyeon about this.   

Sakura quickly caught up. She badly wanted to apologize. “Chaeyeon—“ The later looked at her and before Sakura could finish her sentence, Chaeyeon interrupted her.  

“Sakuchan. Use this.” Chaeyeon handed her black hoodie to Sakura. She knew that Sakura was about to apologize. She didn’t want to hear that or make Sakura feel bad. When she saw Sakura shivering from the cold, rubbing her arms, Chaeyeon didn’t think twice. 

“No, it’s fine. I’m fine. Keep it, you need—“ Before Sakura could speak more, Chaeyeon put in on her, taking care of putting it gently.  

“Hands up. You will get sick if you’re so stubborn.” Chaeyeon smiled her gaze was warm and soft on Sakura.   

Was she always this sweet? Sakura wondered. I swear I’m gonna fall for her if she kept acting like this, Sakura thought when she felt sparkle all around her, her face flushing quickly with Chaeyeon’s act. Sakura quickly felt that heat on her face and hid in the hoodie.  

Chaeyeon realised what she had just done, her heart beating slightly faster in her chest. She looked away, feeling the unusual feeling of her ears reddening.  

Sakura quietly cleared . “Chaeyeon, isn't that your former workplace?” She pointed at the convenience store near the hospital.  

“Ah… Yeah..“   

“I don’t know if you still remember but hum… I think I saw you there during our third year in high school. I was here and….. I was… and…” Sakura tried to explain. Chaeyeon couldn’t hide her smile, looking at the girl with a soft intensity.  

“What? Is there anything on my face?” Sakura’s face turned puzzled when she noticed the brunette was staring while smiling at her. She unconsciously reached for her cheek. Chaeyeon let out an amused chuckle because of her behaviour.  

“What? Come on, tell me. You make me worried.” Sakura playfully hit Chaeyeon’s side.  

“Okay, okay. You look so cute, becoming so serious to try to remind me. I do remember that day…” Chaeyeon admitted shyly, her ears turning red again.  

How could I even forget it? I remember every single time I saw you, Chaeyeon thought, wishing that she could tell what was on her mind. 

Their eyes met, making them feel suddenly even shyer and kind of awkward.  

Sakura was the one who broke the silence “I’ll go buy water. Wait for me here.” She walked away, leaving Chaeyeon there, near the fountain in front of the hospital park.   

Not long enough after, Sakura came back. She saw the brunette who was sitting elegantly there. Sakura took her phone out and took a picture of her.   

The sound of the phone echoed in the quiet night. Chaeyeon looked toward the sudden sound she had heard. Sakura was caught off guard, She was supposed to secretly take a picture but turned out her phone didn’t cooperate with her. She hid it immediately when the brunette turned around.  

“Ya, ya, yaaaaaa… Let me check it. I’m sure that I look very ugly there. Come on." Chaeyeon tried to grab Sakura's phone but she dodged the grip and ran away. They acted like kids. It wasn’t very hard for Chaeyeon to grab the phone but Sakura had a good strategy. Whenever Chaeyeon chased her, she would hide her phone inside her hoodie. Chaeyeon didn’t dare to put her hand here.  

“Okay. I’m tired. Why don’t you let me take a look at it? I just wanna see, I won’t delete it.” Chaeyeon breathed slowly, trying to gain her posture back.  

“Are you sure you won’t?”  

Chaeyeon gave her pinky promise finger but the blonde didn’t buy it.  

“That’s suspicious. Look at your grinning face.” Sakura still stayed away from the taller girl.   

Chaeyeon didn’t answer right away so the older woman checked her phone quickly.  

“Sakuchan~” Chaeyeon called her.  

Sakura looked at her immediately and realised that Chaeyeon was taking a picture of her. 

 “Hey! You took revenge on me, huh?” Sakura raised slightly pouted, a frown on her face.  

Chaeyeon giggled hard, looking at the older girl who looked cute there. That night was filled with laughter and joy. It was good.  

.  

.  

.  

.  

Chaeyeon  

Are you home yet???  

Sorry, I should have gone with you :(  

  

  

Sakura  

Eeyyyy... Should we accompany each other home till forever? Lol also I was the one driving, I would be a heartless person if I let you take the subway home alone. Don’t make me look like a bad person :P  

  

  

  

  

A big grin could be seen on Chaeyeon’s face, she could help but smile like an idiot while texting her crush. She was so busy with her phone that she forgot her surroundings. There was Hyewon there who was staring at her.    

“Ehem!” Hyewon tried to draw her friend’s attention. It seemed that she failed her first attempt. “Eheemmm!!” Chaeyeon still didn’t care. “EHEEEMMMM!!!!”   

“Hyewon, if you need water, just go take it by yourself or did you lose both your legs?” Chaeyeon snapped at her friend without looking away from her phone.  

“I just wanted to ask you something. Do you still have the necklace with you? Do you feel anything weird or changing since you’ve been wearing it?”   

“Yeah, I do. Are we done with the dare now? I mean how long this dare gonna take?“ Chaeyeon took out the beautiful necklace and show it to Hyewon.  

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter