Sorry

Necklace of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mrs. Bae?” Chaeyeon let off Sakura’s hand when she realized Mrs. was Bae there. 

“Ah... Hi, Chaeyeon, hi Sakura. What a coincidence. I was visiting my aunt here."

“I see. My grandma is next to then. I’m sorry, you can have your time. We will come back later." 

“No no. I was already here for too long.

“Are you sure Mrs. Bae?”

“Yes. Also, I have meeting soon. So I’m going. See you Chaeyeon, Sakura.” Mrs. Bae tapped Sakura’s right shoulder and smiled warmly before leaving the two here.  

Chaeyeon took few step to approach her grandma’s grave. 

“Oh no, I forgot to buy flowers. Damn.” 

“It’s fine. Stay here. I’ll go buy some. I saw a store near from here.” Sakura quickly moved so the other couldn’t say. 

As Sakura was walking to the front, she noticed that Mrs. Bae was talking with another woman. Somehow that woman looked familiar. Sakura didn’t mean to stare at them. But Mrs. Bae realized that the young woman was there, they bowed at each other and smiled.

.

.

.

 .

.

“Sorry. I made you wait." Sakura handed the bunch of flowers to Chaeyeon. 

“I should be the one who say sorry.” She took a small breathe before talking once more. “Grandma this is Miyawaki Sakura, the girl who bought you those flowers.” Chaeyeon grabbed Sakura’s shoulder. It flustered the latter.

“Hello, Grandma. I’m Miyawaki Sakura, Chaeyeon’s friend.” 

“Grandma, I have another friends now beside Hyewon and Yujin.” A big grin could be seen on Chaeyeon’s face. “Do you have anything to say to Grandma?"

I have a lot of questions about Chaeyeon, Grandma. Sakura thought but didn’t dare to say it.

“Ah, have you seen that Chaeyeon became way thinner now? She keeps on skipping meal." Sakura’s pouted and crossed her arms on her chest.

Cute. Chaeyeon bit back a smile.

“Don’t listen to her, Grandma. That’s not true. I eat three times a day.”

“No. Once a d—“ Chaeyeon quickly covered Sakura mouth, not wanting her to tell.

They let out a quiet chuckle, not wanting to bother the others.

.

.

 .

.

“Isn’t it too soon to leave already?” Sakura asked, her voice showing a hint of worry.

“We have to. I need to go to work.”

“Yeah…” Sakura cast glance at the envelope on Chaeyeon’s hand “What is it?” Chaeyeon had been holding it since they went to visit her grandma.

“This?” Chaeyeon showed the envelope, Sakura nodded without looking, her eyes focused on the road.

“It’s money. Since my grandma’s passed away, I keep on getting allowance once a year. Every time I go there during her death anniversary, an envelope is there.”

The car became quiet. Sakura didn’t really know what to say.

“I don’t know who put it there. That’s why I was bit confused when I saw someone standing in front of grandma’s grave. But it turned out that it was only Mrs. Bae visiting her aunt." Chaeyeon pinched her bridge of nose, a wave of anxiety travelled her body.

Sakura noticed it, her right hand reached the brunette’s hand. She held it hand tightly. No words left but she knew that she was calming the younger woman.

.

.

.

“A-Are you really gonna come to the OTR Café too?” Chaeyeon asked, she didn’t expect the blonde to stick with her. 

“Yeah, why? Am I not allowed to go there?” Sakura stared at the brunette with her big round eyes, a slight pout on her lips.

“No no, it’s not like that.” The younger bit her lower lip. She hesitated because she was worried about the others knowing that she almost spent the whole day with Sakura. She couldn’t handle Yujin's teasing very well. 

“So, like that? What do you mean?” A smirk replaced the fake frown on the blonde’s face.

“I-I mean… you know…”

“What? I don’t”

“I know you know.”

“Enlighten me. I don’t what you’re talking about.” The blonde really enjoyed teasing Chaeyeon who was frustrated. “You can go inside first. I’ll catch up later." Sakura chuckled, seeing how desperate the younger was. She understood the brunette’s worry, she just liked to .

“See?! I knew you know!” Chaeyeon looked away, obviously embarrassed. “Fine. I’ll wait for you inside." The brunette practically ran to the OTR Café, so the blonde wouldn’t wait too long.

.

.

.

.

.

For God’s sake, how can I focus if she always give me that look? The brunette bit her lip while cleaning the table and rearranging it. 

Okay, I’ll avoid her. Stay cool Chaeyeon. Don’t look at her direction. Right after Chaeyeon had that thought she had met her crush’s eyes. Sakura smiled, and then waved at Chaeyeon, asking the latter to come.

Chaeyeon walked to her direction. She felt nervous. Eunbi, Minjoo, Nako, Hitomi, Yena and Yuri were sitting with Sakura.

“Can I help you?” The brunette’s gave the menu to Sakura. 

“Wait. Aren’t you are Chaeyeon?” Yena gasped when she saw Chaeyeon standing there. “You are Chaeyeon the ma—OUCH!” Yuri pinched Yena's cheek while she also got kicked by Sakura. 

“Yes, she is Lee Chaeyeon the mafia’s daughter. Why? Scared?” Hyewon showed up out of nowhere, her hand on the brunette’s shoulder, her eyes gaze serious, almost scary.   

“H-Hyewon?” Chaeyeon stared at her best friend in shock. Everyone suddenly felt tense.

“Okay, since everyone here. Let’s have a party after this." Everyone looked toward the voice. It was Yujin’s with her usual big smile on .

.

.

.

.

.

 

“Here. This is my friend’s home. It’s a really good place. There are plenty of rooms. We have barbecue set, kitchen full set and the most important is… the beach nearby. We can enjoy the night there." Yujin explained, guiding her friends for a house tour. It looked really comfortable. There were several rooms.

“Isn’t it too sudden? It’s the worst idea ever. For real.” Eunbi quietly whispered to Sakura.

“I don’t really know. But it seems fun” Sakura chuckled after seeing the frown on Eunbi’s face. Honestly, Sakura was kind of surprised by the unannounced party. Plus, they weren’t usually that much to hang out.

They had planned a super spicy noodles challenge. Chaeyeon was busy cooking the noodles, while the others were fighting over cheese and ice cream. 

A few steps approached the brunette. “Need a hand?” the familiar voice could be heard, it was Sakura with her pretty smile.

“Are we going to cook ten packs of spicy noodles for eight people?!” Hyewon interrupted Chaeyeon. She was getting excited for the big meal ahead.

“I don’t think we can finish this. I think four or five packs are way more than enough. We can split one pack for two people." Eunbi couldn’t help but interfered them. 

“How could four packs be enough? This is too good. We need more than four.” The quarrel between Hyewon and Eunbi started. 

On the other hand, Chaeyeon and Sakura didn’t mind them. They’ve decided to cook eight packs. One pack per person.

“I didn’t know that you were that close” Sakura interrupted Eunbi and Hyewon who looked like they were teasing each other more than arguing. 

“What?! Us?! Close?! Never!” Hyewon scoffed at the blonde’s sentence.

“Huh? Her and I? Close? Haha no.” Eunbi was pointed at Hyewon. 

“Can someone can help me and me one of the plates?” Chaeyeon was almost done with the noodles. 

“ME!” Eunbi and Hyewon said at the same time. Hyewon quickly grabbed the plate, the older girl had a big competitive sense. She put it in front of Chaeyeon. The blonde and brunette had no words seeing those two. 

“Chaeyeon, here. Use mine. It’s better than hers.” Eunbi faked a smile, giving sharp stares at Hyewon.

“Chaeyeon, I’m your bestie. You should take mine. She might have put some poison on hers.” They started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter