Coffee and Confession

My CEO [Currently in Hiatus and Revamp]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting before the man who is your boss about whom you bad mouthed, not even knowing who he is, that too right on his face, trust me it's not a good feeling.

"Am I making you uncomfortable, Mr. Jongin?" The CEO asked.

I just looked down towards my palm and shook my head.

I was scared that I might be fired because of all the shìt I spouted yesterday. And after what happened today with Joee I was damn sure it would be my last day here. It was nice working for you Dr. Oh. Before he said anything else I started apologising which turned into an utter disaster because of my oh so very high control over lacrimal glands.

"I-I am sorry, s-sir. I didn't mean to say that on y-your face like that yesterday. It was out of f-frustration. I thought you were just a stranger. I didn't know you were our CEO. I am extremely sorry if I offended you. Please don't fire me, it will affect my future. I will resign by tomorrow and never show my face to you. I am extremely sorry once again." By the end I was sobbing like a baby.

I had my family to support. Although we are well off, not very rich, not very poor, but I couldn't imagine myself living off my parents money. I felt no different from the situation with Joee. All because of my stupid mouth.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my right cheek rubbing it slightly before wiping my tears. With wide surprised eyes I looked up to see the calloused hand's owner who was looking at me with something I couldn't understand.

"Do you always cry like this before strangers? If yes, then you better stop doing that. I don't want anyone else to see that pretty face of yours like that. And by the way who said I am firing you? I just asked you for a coffee, was it so hard to understand?" He said in a low voice.

I bet on half of my that I was blushing down to my toes. His voice was beautiful and dazzling. Can a man really have such an effect on others?

"Y-you really are not g-going to fire me?" I asked as softly as I could.

In answer he smiled a real y lopsided smile and shook his head slightly. I felt so relieved that I was about to cry out of relief this time. I blinked continuously to push back the tears which were threatening to spill out.

"You are really cute," he said, then removed his hand from my cheek and patted my head. I didn't even realise that he had his hand there. It felt so real and comfortable and fitting. Like a puzzle piece.

"The reason why I asked you to join me is because I wanted to thank you for helping me out to find what kind of people I employed in my company. Honestly, Joee was not appointed by me, it was my ex-assistant. She was later fired because of an issue. Jungkook and I thought Joee was compatible to do this job. I'm sorry that you had to go through this because of our negligence." He said with a guilty face. To think the CEO himself apologized for his mistake, it made me feel all giddy.

"I will fire her and make sure all her wrong doings resurface. Also, all the credit she stole from you will be given back to you rightfully." he said the last part with a wink. He was referring to what I said yesterday. Oh boy! I am never going to get an end to it.

I looked down to hide my blush. This was really embarrassing but it, for some odd reason, made me feel good.

"Don't hide your blush. I like how your face slowly flushes whenever you feel embarrassed. It really makes me want to do things to you." Sehun said. I snapped my head to look at him. Does he have any idea what he is saying?! Blush spreaded like a wildfire across my face.

The CEO let out a whole hearted laugh looking at my reaction. The sound was seriously like music. Since when did I start finding men attractive? And when did I start fawning over their voices? Well, I had a thing for nice voices and tall men… but I was mostly straight. Never been with a guy but the thought never repulsed me either.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter