Unexpected Meeting

My CEO [Currently in Hiatus and Revamp]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

_edited_22nd novemeber 2021_

Dear Jongin,

Please do NOT forget to pick up my coffee (23.5 ounce of caramel, 3 pumps of Irish creme and 6 pumps of hazelnut and seven pumps of sugar free vanilla, and use only coconut milk, I am on a vegan diet), to bring the paper (I want the one with the news about CL and her supposed new man) and the Vogue of this week. Oh, I almost forgot, make sure all the files and mail are lying on my desk before I arrive, preferably reviewed by you (add sticky notes as to what file says what. I don't have time to go through all of them, I have a spa appointment today.

With love,

Joee

Kill me! Now!

Goddammit! Why does she even bother putting "Dear" at the beginning of the note? Just write "Slave Jongin" already!

I turned and gave a quick look around trying to imagine how this note appeared at my desk so early. Joee wouldn't be here yet, not a chance. How could she, when she doesn't come in for work before 11 am?! I bet she gave this note to poor Baekhyun and told him to leave it here right after I left yesterday, which would be no earlier than 9 pm.

That's right, I work from 8 am until 9 pm almost every day with Baekhyun.

We worked in the Microbiology Department at OS Biogen Co., the biggest and most famous research and applied biology and chemical company in the whole country, maybe even the continent. Along with its research and development for new vaccines and health care, it produces world-renowned perfumes, makeups, soaps, shampoos, everything that is cosmetic using most natural things and methods after it brought a small local cosmetic producing company called ‘The One’. The cosmetics are still produced under the name of ‘The One’ but now with the collaboration of OS Biogen’s research departments. It has its own research labs for which young aspiring students would die to just have a look at it.

When I first graduated I applied for this job, thinking I'd build a brilliant career in the Research field. I couldn't believe it when I got the call from someone from Human Resources telling me that I was chosen for the position.

And now, it's been four years since then and nothing has changed. Well, actually, a LOT has changed in my life…but only for worse.

When I was hired they told me I'd start as a Senior Assistant scientist. And of course, like every fresh post graduate, I was more than happy with it, but after two years I started to complain, I mean, why wouldn't I? I was doing a great job. My reports and research were always perfect and I also gave some ideas that saved more than 2 million dollars to this company.

Instead of giving me a promotion, my boss, Joee, took all the credit for these ideas, and told me I was doing nothing more than what I was being paid for. Even when the Senior Scientist, Dr. Soobin retired, Joee denied any promotion for me, saying that she herself is more than enough to fill that position. I don’t know what strings she pulled but as soon as the post was open, it was brought down. I got pretty mad and said I'd quit but she threatened me, saying how she had a lot of influence and how she'd use it to make sure no company would hire me for at least 5 years.

After a lot of crying, I had no other choice but to stay. To date the post remains empty and she won’t let me apply to that position cuz she knows the moment I get that post I will have more power and I can come in direct contact with the higher ups.

Kim Junmyeon, one of my roommates, and best friends went crazy when he heard about this. He reminded me again how rich he was and how he was more than enough to financially support both of us, even if we decide that we don't want to work for the rest of our lives. Of course, I would never accept his offer.

Junmyeon and my other roommate and best friend, Do Kyungsoo, also worked at OS Biogen in the Finance Department and Department of Biochemistry respectively, and were always trying to make my day better by saying how "out of fashion" and ugly Joee was.

But, this is the thing about Junmyeon, he is rich, like filthy rich, his whole family is ing loaded! But he absolutely loves his job at the Finance department. In fact, he was the head of the department and was always bugging me because I didn't choose Finance over Biology. Kyungsoo was from a similar background, maybe a little modest and was the head of the Departmentof Biochemistry.

"You'd be working with me instead of the dragon over there, Jongin. You should've listened to me back then when we were still in college." That’s what they both said whenever I complained about Joee. I do feel bad that I didn’t choose the same subject as them even though I got straight A’s in my school for those subjects, but I love biology. Everything about it is so thrilling that it makes my living somehow better.

I was now inside a Starbucks, ordering the stupidest and the craziest coffee I ever heard. Like who the says, ‘23.5 ounce of ? Even the guy who took the order looked at me as if I was some alien. Here I am waiting for my boss's horrendous coffee, while my own friends are the bosses themselves in their respective departments.

I was so frustrated and angry that I barely noticed that a guy stood beside me in the line, probably waiting to grab his own coffee. I ignored him and opened the note from Joee once again to make sure I didn't forget anything.

It wasn't long until a lonely tear forced its way out.

The stranger at my side probably felt my tension and asked with a calm soothing voice, "Are you alright?"

I know he was just being polite and that I should've said a simple ‘yes, thanks’, but before I realized it I was talking in a nonstop mode.

"No! I'm far from being alright. I studied hard for ing six years, getting nothing less than a perfect A’s in everything! I did my best to get always-excellent grades, everything to work in the company of m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter