05: Partners in life

Story behind pictures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

•••

" red string? " I asked Sakura unnie who nodded her head. I've definitely heard of that, but I don't really know the full details about that myth.

 

We are currently in a photo shoot set. I'm with Sakura unnie and Nako, we were just talking about things as we wait for our turn until our conversation went to that red string. My hopeless romantic soul got so interested in it so I began shooting them questions about it. Fortunately, they seem so knowledgable about it.

 

" it's also called red thread of fate Minju " Nako said " it's said that the Gods tie an invisible red cord around the ankles of those that are destined to meet one another in a certain situation or help each other in a certain way " she added and all I could do is nod my head attentively as if Nako is some sort of teacher.

 

" like soulmates, right? " I beamed.

 

" yep, but in Japanese and Korean culture, it is thought to be tied around the little finger " Sakura unnie said as she raises up her pinky finger. I've never been this attentive and willing to learn about a myth, it's funny to think that I'm more attentive right now compare to my school lectures.

 

" two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances " Nako said as she nods her head.

 

" but what if the string breaks? Strings are pretty thin, right? What if it breaks apart? What will happen? Will they lost each other? " I continuously ask.

 

Sakura unnie firmly shakes her head " the magical cord may stretch or tangle, but never break " she surely says.

 

" how come you guys know all of this? " I wonderingly asked.

 

They both giggled as they exchange glances with each other " our team in Japan mostly talk about these kinds of things, wondering who's each other's soulmate " Sakura unnie shrugs.

 

I nearly forget how close the relationship of these girls to their team members in Japan. How could that one slip on my mind? I remembered watching clips of their interactions with some girls from their team and I swear to God, I blushed from the beginning to the end of that video compilation. I was also planning on watching that show where Sakura unnie starred, but luckily, I was warned not to— though maybe I'll still watch it some other time.

 

Our topic switches to a different one, ending the talk about that myth and soulmates. We talked about Hyewon unnie's super stomach that never gets filled, how Yena unnie developed her duck lips, our English names and a lot more, it just ended when I was called in because it's my turn to tak

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter