03: You did well

Story behind pictures
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

•••

I yawned for the fourth time since I rode the van. I'm on my way to Hanlim because today, I'll be graduating from high school. It feels surreal that I'm actually graduating from high school right now, I am feeling sentimental and happy at the same time. I'll surely miss Hanlim and the people there, everyone has been pleasing and kind to me and I'm very thankful for that.

 

" they are not really accompanying me to my graduation? " I asked our manager again " are they going to surprise me there or are they really not going to see me graduate? " I've been bugging my manager about this, but she's not saying anything aside from she doesn't know as well. I feel a bit sad about this.

 

When I left the dorm, everyone's still asleep, well, except Chaeyeon unnie who prepared breakfast for me. I thought it will be Chaeyeon unnie who will be accompanying me but I was all ready and set to go yet she hasn't prepared nor taken a shower. I left the dorm alone, saying a weak goodbye to Chaeyeon unnie who just nodded her head and congratulated me. I really thought everyone's going to my graduation, I expected too much for this day.

 

I sulkily stepped out of the van and my slightly bad mood quickly went good in a split second— not because many people were waiting for my arrival, well, that adds up, but the main reason is because of the girl who's standing a few steps away from me, smiling brightly as she tries to hide behind the beautiful bouquet that she's holding up. As if I couldn't figure out who she is by hiding behind those beautiful flowers.

 

I walk upon her, gently pulling down the flowers to see her much beautiful face " surprise unnie! " she beamed " are you surprised? You're speechless, right? Right? I'm really the best " she claims and I have no intention of arguing with her about that. She is indeed the best.

 

I could see how tired her eyes are, we had a schedule yesterday and we finished up pretty late. This girl probably hasn't had enough sleep because of work and she didn't really sleep last night because she couldn't stop talking about this day, she's been going on and on about my own graduation as if it's her graduation day— she's more excited than I am. I thought she wouldn't come but she did. I'm surprised and overly happy because of it.

 

She handed me the beautiful bouquet of flowers " thank you " I sincerely said. I am really thankful and I'm not sure if I could show her that from those two words. She has no idea how she made me happy

 

" unnie, what's more prettier— me or the flowers? " sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter