Reality is for Grown Ups

Its You All Along

CHAPTER 8



It was Wheein and Byul's second monthsary. It felt strange to be reminded that they have been together for only two months; it felt longer for Moonbyul. The struggles they faced, the love they shared, it felt like more than a two months worth.

And so Moonbyul decided to surprise Wheein for their special day, but it seemed like she's the one who is in for a surprise.

"Hyejin! Have you seen the painting Wheein gave me?" Byul shouted from her room, the painting that Wheein gave her was missing from the top of their bedpost, the nail where it used to hang was the only thing that remained.

Hyejin poked her head in the room. "How could you lose a painting as big as that?" Hyejin questions.

"Have we been robbed?" Moonbyul panicked, searching for her valuables and making sure there's nothing missing.

"Byul-ssi, maybe Wheein took it down." Hyejin concluded, causing Byul to furrow her brows in confusion as to why Wheein would do so.

"Why would she take it down?" Moonbyul asks, her thoughts expecting the worse.

"Did you two fight?" Hyejin asks, raising an eyebrow.

Byul smiles sadly, "No..." she answered, they didn't, and sometimes Moonbyul wished they would, because she could feel Wheein closing off, she could feel her slipping away and she'd much prefer to fight with her and know how she feels.

"Why do you sound like you did?" Hyejin asks, crossing her arms, not convinced at her unnie's answer. "Well did you do something wrong? "

"Yah-" Byul interrupts their maknae. "Why would you assume that I did something wrong so quickly?" Byul pouts, making Hyejin chuckle, in all fairness to her unnie, Byul has been extra gentle with Wheein since they had the talk, she was just making sure that nothing's wrong.

Before Hyejin could answer and explain herself, Wheein entered the room.

"Wheein. Did you put down the painting?" Hyejin asks, as soon as she sees her best friend.

Wheein nods. "I couldn't finish the song...I was so frustrated I took it down." she reasons.

"Wheein." Moonbyul was taken aback at her girlfriend's blatant admission. "Where did you put it?" the worry she feels shows on her face; she thinks Wheein threw it away.

"It doesn't matter." Wheein replied nonchalantly, making Moonbyul flinch, wherever their conversation is going, she doesn't think it would be a good one.

Hyejin is contemplating whether she should leave and give her friends some privacy, but Moonbyul looks at her as if she's looking for her help, and so she decided to stay. "Why not?" she asks, knowing that her unnie is too afraid to do so.

Wheein flashes a comforting smile at Byul, despite Hyejin being the one who asked. "I wrote you a new one." she answers instead.

Byul sighs in relief, although she would've loved to have kept the first one, she's just glad her suspicion that Wheein was about to break up with her right there and then wasn't true. "But I like that painting. I look at it everyday." Byul comments.

Wheein smiles again, "That's why I took it down." she said softly, making Byul more confused than before, but she didn't have the chance to ask. "I bought us breakfast; let's eat." Wheein tells her girlfriend and her best friend.


Wheein have always loved romantic movies, and even though the girl might deny that fact, Byul knows her too well to believe her. And so Moonbyul prepared a romantic dinner date for them: dinner with candle lights at the roof top of their apartment; their life might not be a romantic movie, but tonight maybe they can pretend so.

It was Hyejin who lead a blindfolded Wheein to the rooftop.

Hyejin also happened to be the chef for the night, but Byul already expected her to order from a restaurant and claim that she cooked it like she had done so many times, even though they don't believe her.

"You can open your eyes now." Moonbyul whispers right after she removes Wheein's blindfold.

Wheein's eyes widened in awe, when Hyejin blindfolded her she got excited but she really didn't know what to expect, and seeing what Byul prepared for her, her stomach dropped because it definitely exceeded her expectation.

Her relationship with Byul hasn't been perfect the past month, and even though they don't talk about it, their denial about the whole situation took a toll on their relationship, and with those things considered, she expected their monthsary to be...less extravagant.

She expected Byul to buy her a bouquet of flowers at the very most, but seeing their usually plain white rooftop covered with lights and flowers, a table for two, and a floor filled with rose petals, Wheein realizes she underestimated Byul.

Making her feel guilty.

She didn't know what to say, she felt like the words were stuck on .

"Do you like it?" Moonbyul asks, her eyes full of hope, taking Wheein by the hand guiding her to their table, pulling the chair for her.

"I love it." Wheein answers, placing a quick kiss on her girlfriend's lips.

"You look pretty." Moonbyul whispered against Wheein's ear.

But if Wheein would be completely honest she felt like a mess. Hyejin dragged her from her room that she didn't had much time to fix herself.


Ever since she almost kissed Yongsun, the woman just keeps invading her mind. She's frustrated that even now, when she's with Wheein, she would think of how it could've been her and Yongsun; if Yong would've just told her what's bothering her, maybe they could've fixed it, maybe they could be having this dinner.

Byul would shake it off her mind, but it will linger until she can't ignore it again. It's like a never ending cycle.

"Byul-ah" Wheein called out, snapping her out of her thoughts.

"What were you thinking just now?" Wheein asks, noticing that her girlfriend was lost in her thoughts for the nth time that night.

"I was just..." she's trying to think of a better way to tell the truth, but is there really a better way to tell your girlfriend that you're thinking about someone else while celebrating your monthsary?

Wheein really didn't need to hear her girlfriend's answer; she knew it right before she asked. And that's when Wheein understood. She finally understood why Yongsun did it.  

They had a good night, the conversation flowed very naturally, they both found the food Hyejin ordered delicious, and how Moonbyul wished it ended at that, or a goodnight kiss maybe, like one of the many romantic movies they watched.

But then again, they are not living a fairy tale nor a romantic movie, it was real life, and it seemed like Wheein had an entirely different plan on how their night would go.

"Where's my gift?" Byul asks with a genuine excitement.

But she was met by a serious Wheein with a determined look on her face.

"Do you remember the lyrics I wrote for you?" Wheein asks.

"On a tired and sleepy night, I want you even in my dreams, even if it's just one second a day. Stay by my side. Stay with me." Moonbyul recites, knowing the lyrics by heart.

Wheein took Byul's hand in hers across the table. "I want you to forget it." the shorter girl commands with her softest voice, and Moonbyul felt like she could melt hearing it, despite the confusion her girlfriend's request caused.

Wheein thinks, that maybe the best gift she could give Byul is freedom.

"I don't want you to stay with me anymore." Wheein states, while caressing her thumb against the back of Byul's hand, keeping the other girl stable. "What I need you to do now is be honest to me and to yourself."

Moonbyul shakes her head, she doesn't get why they were having this conversation right now, they were perfectly fine just minutes ago. "Wheein..."

Wheein shakes her head. "There's no easy way to do this, Byul." she states desperately, as if, if she let another moment without saying her piece, she'd never be able to say it again.

Wheein knows Moonbyul is going to ask what she meant, but Wheein also knows that Moonbyul knows the answer very well.

Wheein knows Byul just didn't want to admit it.

How Wheein wishes she could pretend that everything's fine like her girlfriend claims it to be, but doing that would just be repeating the mistake that Byul and Yongsun made not so long ago.

If she's being honest, she saw this coming. It probably wasn't a good mindset to think that sooner or later reality will caught on and their relationship will crumble but it's the truth, its what she has always felt; that's why she's been so insecure.

She just didn't expect that it will hurt that much to be proven right.

"It already hurts too much." Wheein finally admits. "So please be honest with me..." she pauses, contemplating not whether she's ready to ask the question but rather if she's ready to hear Byul's answer. "Do you love me?"

Moonbyul quickly looks up, she leans in across the table, looking straight into Wheein's eyes, as if she's letting Wheein have a peak at her soul. "Wheein-ah. You know that I love you." she answers immediately; she didn't want Wheein to doubt her love for her for another second. 

She's a little offended that Wheein would even question her love for her, but she understands where her girlfriend is coming from.

Wheein's heart felt tight against her chest, she has never heard Moonbyul say it as sincerely as how she said it now- no scratch that- Wheein has never believed Byul as how she believes her now...and Wheein's conflicted what to feel about that because it's probably the last time she'd hear it.

But she didn't have much time to think too much about it knowing that her next question would break her heart. "Do you love her?" she asks, as she puts on a brave face, bracing herself for Byul's answer.

Moonbyul looks down again with shame and guilt, then looks up to meet Wheein's eyes. "I can't stand seeing you hurt." she expresses, and Wheein knew what it meant but its as if her ears were craving to physically hear it, as if she wanted reality to slap her by the face so she'd be able to wake up.

Wheein gently extends her shaking hand to her girlfriend's eyes, softly guiding her eyelids close. "So if you hurt me, you won't see." she states, retracting her hand as Moonbyul stays her eyes closed.

Moonbyul didn't dare open her eyes.

Wheein stares at her, taking in her beauty; she's memorizing every inch of her; like an ant saving food for the rainy days, so when the time comes that she's no longer allowed to look at Moonbyul like she's doing now, she'd be able to accurately draw Byul's face even with her eyes closed.

"Do you still love her?" She repeats her question when she had gathered enough strength.

Moonbyul wonders how Wheein could expect her to answer a question that she knows would break her heart. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Byul apologizes instead, but its the same thing as saying yes or nodding her head; and it all hurt Wheein just the same.

Wheein has been preparing herself to hear it all this time, and yet, nothing seem to prepare her for the pain of finally confirming it, because she could physically feel her heart taking a beating every beat. 

She have accepted it a long time ago, but knowing that Byul has finally admitted it herself, brought tears to her eyes. She placed a hand on to prevent herself from making a sound.

She didn't want Moonbyul to hear her cry.

She took a deep breath as an attempt to compose herself; she was trying to wipe her tears away but its only replaced with more tears streaming down her face.

"Do want us to end this?" she manages to ask, with all the strength that's left of her heart.

Moonbyul didn't want it to end.

She's in love with Wheein; and she's sure of it. But she wonders if breaking up would be best for Wheein. Because she knows deep in her heart that she still loves Yongsun, and her wounds aren't healed yet.

And she doesn't know how.

But Moonbyul knows it was a losing battle either way. She could either save their relationship now or tell the truth, and she knows both answer will break Wheein's heart; its only a matter of when.

She'd always question herself if she deserves Wheein, and her answer would always be no. But Wheein have always made her feel so worthy of being loved, and she wanted Wheein to feel it too, but she can't do that by continuing this relationship.

She didn't want to completely ruin the very person who made her feel whole.

She felt complete in Wheein's arms, but she couldn't ignore the cracks of her being anymore. She wants to stop giving Wheein the burden of holding her together. Byul wants to pull her own weight for once.

Because as long as the thought of Yongsun still hurts Byul to her core, she'd always end up hurting Wheein.

She didn't want to make Wheein a human bandage any longer.

If she wants to be deserving of Wheein then she has to heal first.

"Can you forgive me, if I say yes?" Moonbyul tries her best to hold her tears, she didn't feel like she had any right to cry because she's the one causing pain all this time.

Moonbyul didn't dare open her eyes; she didn't have the courage to.

She heard Wheein let out a sob, and then muffled sobs after that, she wanted to wipe her tears away, but she realizes how Wheein is trying her best not to let her hear her, and the least she could do is to stay put.

And then there were sound of footsteps...until there was silence again.

When Moonbyul opened her eyes she already knew Wheein won't longer be there.

She finally lets herself cry, basking at the reminder that reality are nothing like romantic movies.


And that's when Wheein really understood why even though Moonbyul loved her so, Yongsun chose to break up with her.

Sometimes love isn't enough.

Sometimes people break up not because of something big like cheating, or abuse, or lack of love, but just...not knowing how to communicate with each other...and she doesn't know what's more tragic.

How Wheein wished they didn't have to breakup. But she had to make a choice between saving herself and saving their relationship; she would've had her heart broken every waking moment if she chose to save their relationship.  

Sometimes...sometimes there are just people who will come to our life- people who are broken and wounded- and we'll accept them and love them and help them heal from their past; we'll help them build their selves up.

And Wheein realizes that sometimes, those people we helped to feel complete, are the very people who would break us into pieces.

Two months.

And that was it.

But it's all Wheein could ask for.

All she ever wanted was to have a chance with Moonbyul; and she did.

Whether all the pain that she's feeling now is worth it, Wheein doesn't know yet.

"If you're ever given a chance to do it all over again, would you still do it?" Hyejin asks as Wheein's tears soaks her shirt wet, trying to make sense if letting it happen right from the start was such a good idea, when they all knew there's a high chance it would end up this way.

She feels Wheein nod against her chest, just as she expected; although she would have preferred it if her best friend would stop being a masochist for one second.

Knowing Wheein's answer, Hyejin felt a bit at ease from the guilt she's been feeling for doing nothing to stop it when she had the chance.

"And I'd be here every single time, however it ends...always." Hyejin promises, caressing Wheein's hair as her other hand rested on her best friend's back.

Wheein clings to Hyejin, like she clings to her promise, finding a little bit of comfort with her best friend's words.

"I'm sorry if I didn't do anything to stop it." Hyejin apologizes, and Wheein shakes her head because Hyejin is the very last person who should apologize.

"You just respected my decision." Wheein states, "It was my fault. I knew how she felt, but I was clinging to the fact that she loved me too; I was too stubborn thinking that was enough to make it work." she sobs again.

"Shhh." Hyejin cooes, "You both tried...it just didn't work out and that's no one's fault." Hyejin tried to assure her she did nothing wrong.

"I should've ended it when you said so." Wheein states regretfully, even though they both knew she didn't mean it. Hyejin warned her before, as early as she could, she told Wheein it would be better to end it while she still can, while she can still control her feelings.

"I was just...I wasn't ready." Wheein declares. "And I know that if I walk away then...she wouldn't run for me to come back." she states as every word felt like a stab to her heart because of the reality of it.

Hyejin wanted to be mad, she wanted to punch Moonbyul in the face, but she knows it wouldn't change anything; Wheein would still be broken, and she hates the fact that Wheein would probably be mad at her instead for doing so.

Hyejin wanted to be mad at the world that the very girl she swore to protect is broken and she couldn't do anything about it, because the one who could mend her heart is the one who broke it.

She has never felt so helpless in her life than in that moment. "I wish I could do something to make you feel better."

Wheein hugs her tightly, "You being here is enough."

How Hyejin wishes its true...



"You're not the only one who got hurt." Seulgi reminds Byul, maybe she's in no place to be the one telling Moonbyul this; she did drink a bottle of shampoo just because Irene broke up with her.

But that's exactly why she knows.

She saw how Irene cried beside her, how worried sick the woman was when she saw Seulgi at the hospital bed. She realized that even though Irene broke up with her, it doesn't erase the fact that Irene loves her.

Wendy spent a whole hour reprimanding Seulgi and scolding her on how she wasn't the only one hurting; she figured it's her turn to do the same to Byul.

"Yongsun-unnie was hurting too and we saw that." Seulgi points out, like they did many times before; the only difference now is that Moonbyul was actually willing to listen.

It was so much 'easier' for Byul to realize that Seulgi is right.

She knows how hard it is for Wheein to break up with her. Moonbyul also knew that she did it because she was the only one brave enough to face the truth; that there was something wrong with their relationship; something that Byul failed to do.

"She never wanted to hurt you." Seulgi states. "You got hurt only because you weren't willing to give her what she was asking of you." Seulgi says, as if she's also telling it to herself. It's funny how they can be in the same position right now, but the one giving advice is crazy enough to make an attempt to end her life with a bottle of shampoo.

Moonbyul doesn't say a word, she's looking at the ground, letting Seulgi's words sink in.

"Don't you see? If she didn't choose herself and she let you take control everything, her heart would have been broken every moment she was with you until nothing would have been left of the Yongsun you loved." Seulgi comments, and Byul finds it hard to not think about how the same could be said with her relationship with Wheein.

When she decided to start a relationship with Wheein she promised herself she'd be a better girlfriend; that she won't repeat the mistakes that Yong and her did...but now she wonders if she learned anything at all.

Seulgi said it as if its the most obvious thing in the world...and maybe it was, if only she listened to Yongsun before. But Byul focused on her pain, it was too loud that she couldn't hear anything else, and she couldn't see anything through her tears.

Seulgi takes Moonbyul's silence as an acknowledgement of her statements. "The question is, do you still love her?" Seulgi asks, and Moonbyul looks at her as if she just said the most ridiculous thing in the world.

"That never changed." Moonbyul smiles, she didn't know how good it could feel like to finally be able to be honest to herself and everyone around her.

"But things are different now, for that to matter." Byul adds.

"Wheein?" Seulgi asks knowingly. She guesses not everyone is as lucky as her and Irene. Not everyone gets a second shot at love.

They weren't in a movie, so it seems, because if they were, Byul loving Yongsun still should've been enough.

But it was real life, and in reality, love isn't always enough. It isn't always as simple as it seems to be.


Moonbyul found Yongsun at their music room, she seemed to be in deep thought.

"Hyejin told me you'd be here." Moonbyul states as she sat beside Yongsun, snapping the girl out of her reverie.

Yongsun didn't know what to say, its the first time they're going to talk since the night she came to their apartment.

"I just talked to CEO Kim." Moonbyul states, and Yongsun immediately turned her head to Byul, dreading the idea that invaded her mind.

"You're not going to leave are you?" Yongsun's voice was too quiet, afraid that if she said it a little louder it might come true. She tried to find comfort with the fact the they are still binded by their contract.

Moonbyul shakes her head, "Not if you won't allow me to." Moonbyul answers.

Yongsun furrows her brows, silently asking for a  further explanation.

"I asked CEO Kim for a one year break after our promotions for this album. I suggested if we could pursue our solo careers for a year, but of course, I told him that I'd talk to you guys about it first." Byul explains.

She thought this through for about a thousand times before voicing it out. She concluded that its what she needed- what they needed. She tried trying to be professional and continue their work despite the break up, but it didn't work out before, having two exes in her group doesn't sound like it would be any different, if not worse.

"And?" Yongsun asks, she had a lot of questions but somehow its all she could manage to ask yet.

"He agreed as long as its a unanimous decision for us four." Moonbyul continued. "I already talked to Hyejin about it, and she thinks it would be for the best."

"Why would you- if this is because of what happened..." Yongsun trailed off, she didn't want to be the cause of any conflict. She's oblivious with what happened to Wheein and Byul's relationship since they barely talked.

Byul shakes her head, guessing what Yongsun might be thinking.

"What about Wheein?" Yongsun asks, she didn't want to use Wheein as a reason to make Byul stay but she's desperate. She have a feeling that if they ever agree Byul would fly out of the country. Yongsun thinks that if there's anyone who could stop Byulyi from doing so, it would be Wheein.

"She broke up with me." Byul states, looking at the ground, she could feel the guilt and pain resurfacing, it hasn't been two days since, and the echoes of Wheein's muffled sobs that day just keeps getting louder and louder on Moonbyul's head.

The break up seemed like a mutual decision, but to Byul it felt like they didn't have much choice.

Yongsun looks up at Byul again, she didn't know what to say. The crack in Byul's voice caused a crack right through her heart. She feels guilty for causing conflict on Byul and Wheein's relationship. She never meant to ruin another person's happiness.

She looks down with guilt weighing her down, she fidgets with her hand nervously. She doubts if an apology would suffice but its all she could offer right now. She takes a deep breathe, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Byul."

"No." Byul replies. Solar managed to look at Byul, who is already looking at her, she realized that they were in the same position as Byul fidgets with her hands as well.

"I'm sorry." Byul apologizes as she looks away, the guilt on her chest prevents her from looking at Yongsun's eyes. "I'm sorry for not saying sorry when I hurt you before." she states.

Byul remembered how she expected an apology from Yongsun, thinking that she owed her at least that. But she realizes now how hypocritical that sounded, because they were both hurt and she did things to intentionally make Yongsun feel her pain and not once did she think that she owed Yong an apology...until now.

"When we broke up..." Byul started, "I only thought of myself...I only thought of my feelings and what I wanted." she confessed. "I focused on my pain and I didn't let myself believe that you were hurting too." she added. "I'm sorry if I was selfish."

Its almost funny how Byul was so nervous about asking Yongsun for an apology when the woman has forgiven her long time ago. Yongsun never expected an apology from Byul; it was her who initiated the break up after all...but nonetheless, Byul's apology sounded so good in Yong's ears that it brought her to tears.

"I didn't understand that you needed to find the Yongsun who got lost when you loved me." Moonbyul states as her eyes well up, the regret of being stubborn and selfish was knocking on her chest with every word she utters.

Yongsun placed her hand on Byul's cheek, "The Yongsun who still loves you." she clarifies.

Moonbyul leaned in to her touch as she let her tears fall down, holding Yong's hand touching her face and intertwining it with hers. She kisses Yongsun's hand, covering it with both her hands holding it like her life depended on it.

They stayed like that for a minute.

And Yongsun feels a mix of emotions, as she finds comfort in Byul's hold of her hand as she watches Byul cry in pain.

The look on Byul's eyes were apologetic, as if she was about to say something that might break Yongsun's heart even further.

"You don't know how much I want-" Byul pauses as she tries to control her sobs. "-how much I want for it to be us again. I wish we could be together again." Moonbyul states in between her sobs.

Yongsun would've been the happiest girl in the world with that statement if it wasn't for the supposition of it all; of how Byul said it as if its a distant wish.

"But everytime I feel how much I love you...I can't help but feel all the pain all over again." Moonbyul confesses, "And I'm sorry for that."

Yongsun never knew honesty could hurt this much.

"What should I do?" Yongsun asks desperately, she wanted to stop Byul from hurting, she couldn't stand seeing Byul hurt for another second, knowing that she's the cause of it all but she feels so helpless.

"It's me this time, Yong." Byul says, as she manages to control her tears from falling. "This time I'm the one who needs time and space to heal, so I can forget all the pain." she declares as her eyes meets Yongsun's. "So I could remember all that was beautiful about us."

Yongsun cries harder, but she nods; she understands.

"So that the Byulyi who got lost when we broke up can find her way back." Moonbyul states, wiping away her tears as Yongsun helps her, even though there were also tears falling from Yong's eyes. "I want my heart to stop breaking, Yong..."

She composes herself, tucking a strand of Solar's hair away from her face and cupping Yongsun's face with both her hands, "So that if I ever love someone again, I can love them with my whole heart; without fear, even if it meant getting hurt again."

Someone.

Yongsun notes.

Byul said 'someone' as if she doesn't intend on getting back with Yongsun anymore.

It has always been Moon Byulyi for Kim Yongsun.

And so Yongsun didn't know how to take that; the thought of Byul getting over her completely -no matter how selfish of her it might seem- terrifies Yongsun to no end.


They went to Hong Kong Disneyland to celebrate their third 'official' anniversary. It was indeed the happiest place on earth. They spent all day going to the attractions that they wanted to go to, but weren't able to go to when they went the first time for a show. When the night came they watched the infamous parade, and of course, the show-stopping fireworks that lit up the night sky.

After a fun and tiring day they went to the hotel they booked, the two of them lied on their bed, arms wrapped around each other.

"Happy anniversary, Yong." Moonbyul whispers in her ears, placing a kiss on her head.

"Happy anniversary, Byul." Yongsun replies. "Thank you for bringing us back here." she says gratefully. She planned on spending their anniversary with a simple romantic dinner but Byul surprised her with the ticket trip to Hong Kong.

"Well, I'm glad you enjoyed." Byul said while grinning, proud at herself for picking the right venue to celebrate their special day.

"Enjoyed is an understatement." Yongsun remarks, pulling Byul as close as physically possible as she could, resting her head on Byul's shoulder. "My heart is full of happiness right now."

"Me too." Byul smiles, continuously caressing Yongsun's hair.

"Ten years from now, do you think we'll still be like this?" Yongsun asks, in a whim. "This happy? Together?"

Byul smiles again, thinking that Yong shouldn't have asked because the answer should be clear, but then again, she's glad she has the opportunity to remind Yong how committed she is in their relationship.

She pulls away from Yong's embrace, shifting on their bed so she can face her girlfriend, they have the same position, their heads rested on their arms, mirroring each other. "Ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, it doesn't matter. I'll always be happy with you, and I'd always stay with you...forever and ever." Byul affirms.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

It was then that Yongsun concluded that any place, as long as Byul is with her, is the happiest place on Earth.


Yongsun wonders if it was the end of the promise they had. After all, some promises are made to be broken. Yongsun just really had high hopes about their promise.

Or maybe they were meant to stay with each other, but not for each other.

Yongsun was taken aback when she felt Moonbyul's lips against hers, she closed her eyes, cherishing every moment as she instinctively take hold of Byul's arms. Their kiss was gentle yet passionate, and how Yongsun wishes it wasn't as brief.

How Yongsun wishes she could just kiss Byul's pain away so Moonbyul wouldn't need to leave.

How she wishes that would've been it.

But reality wakes her as soon as she felt Byul pull away, "You'll always be special to me, Yong."

Yongsun shakes her head. It wasn't supposed to be like this. Byul was supposed to say that she'll always be the one for her.

Not this.

Not like she's saying farewell to Yongsun; to what they had.

Byul isn't supposed to go anywhere.

"Byul, don't leave." Yongsun couldn't help but plead; her voice trembling along with her hands as she clutched Byul's shirt.

Byul cupped Yongsun's face and leaned in to kiss her forehead. "Yong...I need to do this." Byul says in a very low voice; as if she didn't want to say it.

How was Yongsun supposed to say goodbye to the person she thought she’d have at her side for the rest of her life?

How was Byul supposed to say goodbye to the person she thought she’d have at her side for the rest of her life?

Both of them weren't sure.

But both of them knew that sooner or later, they'd have to.

Byul thought that Yongsun is the one person that she'd be capable of loving forever. And maybe she is that person...even if they don't end up together; she would always love Yongsun in a special way. But maybe that's okay.

"I know." Yongsun nods as she cries. "I just..." she trails off.

They both know by now that love isn't always enough to keep two people together.

So maybe both of them should just be thankful they had the chance to love each other; to have felt the way they felt about each other.

Who knows? Maybe someday, years from now, they'd get back together.

But right now, they both need to go their seperate ways, and be comforted by the fact that they've both grown up. And that even though it may take some time; they're now both strong enough to mend their heartache.



A/N:

Not at how I cried writing my own story. Haha.

I read an article the other day about having to let go your forever person and came up with that scene for Moonsun.

I hope you guys liked it.

Again...thank you!