Chapter VII

The Old and The New

Jisoo was in her office when Seulgi walked in with packets of food in her hands. The younger girl looked up before a cheeky grin plastered on her face.

 

"Come over here and have lunch with me."

 

"What's the occasion?"

 

Jisoo pulled her stuff away and moved them to another table before laying the newspapers out. Seulgi was already taking out the packets of food and placed them on the table.

 

"Eat first."

 

"Don't mind if I do."

 

Jisoo dig in almost immediately. She was famished. She skipped dinner because of Jennie and she was rushing this morning.

 

"Wow, this is good!"

 

Seulgi knocked Jisoo's forehead with her chopsticks. The lady was talking with full of food.

 

"Ow!"

 

"Ya, I heard you fought with Jennie yesterday."

 

Jisoo stared at Seulgi instantly.

 

"Do not mention her name while I'm eating."

 

"Oh come on, Mina was telling Irene about it. And my big boss was tickled by Jennie's childish outburst when it comes to you."

 

"What does her childish outburst has got to do with me?!"

 

"You know, Jennie's a well-known icy ing manager in the office."

 

"So?"

 

"But when it comes to you, she turns into a child and argues non-stop."

 

Jisoo looked up with a frown.

 

"Are you trying to say something?"

 

"Don't you get it?"

 

"Stop filtering your true intent with such confusing words."

 

"Let me put it this way."

 

"Shoot."

 

"Kim Jisoo used to be the most laidback and gentle lady I've ever met."

 

"I'm still that."

 

"No, you're turning into an argumentative lady who is equally childish as my boss."

 

"I do not!"

 

"Oh come on, have you ever get into a small arguments in the public before? You're always the quiet, gentle and almost cool kind of lady. Since when you enjoy fighting in the public?"

 

"You should ask your boss!"

 

"I did. She's equally the same. The two of you just have something in each other that brings out that side nobody else knew except for the two of you."

 

Jisoo poked Seulgi's nose with her chopstick.

 

"OW!"

 

"Don't link me to that woman. She embarrassed me in front of Mina!"

 

"Mina was amused. She admitted it was fun to watch the two of you argued with each other."

 

"Are you kidding me?"

 

"Wait, you like Mina?"

 

"No, not really but she's nice."

 

"Ooo, are you looking up to something new?"

 

Jisoo shrugged her shoulders.

 

"Or you prefer the icy queen?"

 

Jisoo smacked Seulgi's forehead really hard.

 

-

 

"Nayeon, stop laughing."

 

"I cannot help it. I'm sorry."

 

Nayeon was still tickled by yesterday's event. Jennie was so embarrassed in front of her boss.

 

"Jisoo's funny."

 

"Are you sure she is?"

 

"Yeah, she's really fun. You slept with her before. You didn't realize that?"

 

Jennie rolled her eyes. She knew that would taint her life forever – thanks to an annoying brat

 

named Kim Jisoo.

 

"Look, it was just a drunk night. We both didn't think straight and just ended up doing it. She couldn't even remember anything!"

 

"But you remembered it."

 

Jennie stared at her boss. If she wasn't her superior, she would throw the stapler in her hands at Nayeon.

 

"Can we focus here?"

 

"Light it up. Don't get offended. I mean you're always so quiet and almost rude with your icily expressions. But Jisoo brought something out of you."

 

"Huh?"

 

"I didn't realize you're actually talkative and expressive."

 

"Miss Im, can we forget about that annoying brat for a second? I need to focus on my presentation."

 

Nayeon nodded.

 

"Sure, but it will be fun if Jisoo works here too."

 

Nayeon laughed as she walked away; leaving Jennie infuriated.

 

"What the hell is wrong with my boss? And where is Kang Seulgi?!"

 

Jennie left her room to find Seulgi walking in from the entrance.

 

"Where did you go?"

 

"I went to find Jisoo."

 

"Whatever for?!"

 

Seulgi blinked her eyes.

 

"I went lunch with her."

 

Jennie bit her lower lip and shook her head. She went in and slammed her door. She then slouched against her armchair and stared out of the window.

 

She was pretty incensed.

 

"Damn you, Kim Jisoo! Wait till I get you!"

 

-

 

Chaeyoung was browsing the photos in her phone. All of them were filled with Jennie's memories. She couldn't erase them. She couldn't bear to. After all, they were together for 10 years. How could she just throw those memories away just like that?

 

"Chaeyoung, dinner's ready."

 

"Okay."

 

Chaeyoung put her phone away and wheeled herself towards the dining table. There was a table with full spread of food. Chaeyoung was looking at each one of them.

 

"Why did you cook so much?"

 

"It's your welcoming home little party. You must have missed the home-cooked food right?"

 

Chaeyoung felt so touched with Lisa's thoughtfulness. She pulled Lisa closer and kissed her on the lips. The kiss lingered before Lisa slowly went down on her knees and wrapped her arms around Chaeyoung's waist. They were staring into each other now before Lisa leaned closer and kissed her forehead.

 

"I love you. I know you might not love me the same as before but we have already made mistakes. Let's just learn to love each other, okay?"

 

Chaeyoung understood Lisa's words. She nodded.

 

"I will love you as much as Jennie loves you."

 

"And I will love you the way Jisoo loves you."

 

The two girls comforted each other like that; knowing that in their hearts, their history with their ex-girlfriends was already in the past. The two girls settled down for dinner and after which Chaeyoung chose to rest in her room. Lisa went on to clean the dining table and then made her way to the living room.

 

She the television and then saw an advertisement which she used to watch with Jisoo. They used to laugh so much because it was the most ridiculous advertisement they had ever seen. Lisa was compelled to laugh a little however she felt lonely. She recalled that moment when she saw Jisoo at the café with Jennie. The other two ladies didn't notice her and Chaeyoung but Lisa was intently watching Jisoo.

 

Jisoo was animatedly arguing with Jennie over something. It was so Jisoo's style to irritate the other party to the maximum. Judging from Jennie's obvious reactions, it was clear that Jisoo was irritating the hell out of her.

 

Why did she let go? She was certain Jisoo wouldn't understand even if she attempted to explain to her one day. She loves Jisoo. That was not a lie. She truly loves Jisoo for she is. But she couldn't bear to watch Chaeyoung lives alone because of her medical condition.

 

She could make things easier by telling Jennie the truth but Chaeyoung was vehemently stopping her from revealing the truth to Jennie. She was torn between her friendship with Chaeyoung and her love with Jisoo. After all, she used to love Chaeyoung deeply and she still does to a certain extent.

 

Lisa constantly prayed that Jisoo would find someone better than her; someone who could love the way Jisoo wants her to.

 

"Dear god, please heal Jisoo's heart. Let her find someone better."

 

-

 

"Jisoo, can you do me a favour?"

 

Jisoo was in her room; watching television when Seulgi knocked on her door.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Can you be a darling and send something to somewhere?"

 

"Send what thing?"

 

"My parents are in town and Irene is with her parents too. Can you be a good friend?"

 

"Fine, what do you want me to send?"

 

Seulgi dumped the parcel and food packet in Jisoo's hands. She has written something on the paper. She shoved it into Jisoo's pocket.

 

"Promise me you will send there. BYE!"

 

Seulgi ran off before Jisoo could react.

 

"What's wrong with this girl?"

 

Jisoo took the paper out from the pocket. The address looked familiar then she rolled her eyes.

 

"KANG SEULGI! YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

-

 

Jennie was in her room when her doorbell rang. She was expecting Seulgi but someone else was at the door.

 

"Coming....WHAT THE HECK!"

 

"Yes, what the heck. But don't blame me. Blame your subordinate."

 

"Where is she?"

 

"She ran off after leaving these things to me."

 

Jisoo gave the parcel and food packet to Jennie. Then she looked up; realizing something was different about Jennie. She looked almost . Then her eyes went bigger.

 

Jennie was staring at Jisoo before realizing that she was only in her lingerie. Her front assets were showing too much. And with quick reflexes, Jennie poked Jisoo's eyes with her fingers.

 

"OW! MY EYES!"

 

"ERT!"

 

"HEY! YOU WORE THAT LINGERINE ON YOUR OWN! I DIDN'T ASK YOU TO OPEN THE DOOR WITH THAT!"

 

"SHUT UP!"

 

"MY EYES HURT! ARGHHHH!"

 

"STOP SCREAMING AND COME IN!"

 

"NO WAY! YOU WILL KILL ME!"

 

"GET IN!"

 

Chaos ensued. Nothing could ever gone right for these two.

 

-

 

"Are you sure it's alright leaving Jisoo with Jennie?"

 

Irene was sceptical but Seulgi was confident nothing would go wrong.

 

"How would you know?"

 

"I just have this feeling."

 

Just then her phone rang. Jennie was calling.

 

"See, I told you. You're totally screwed."

 

"Shut up, baby."

 

Nevertheless she answered the phone.

 

"Hello boss."

 

"KANG SEULGI! HOSPITAL NOW!"

 

"What? What happened?"

 

"I poked Jisoo's eyes with my fingers and I think she might go blind."

 

"WHAT?!"

 

Seulgi was bewildered.