Chapter XXII

The Old and The New

Chaeyoung went up to Jennie's apartment on her own. Lisa was waiting for her downstairs. She didn't want to provoke Jennie anymore. She bit her lower lip as she pushed her wheelchair closer to Jennie's apartment. She knew whatever that had happened was partly her fault. Jennie and Jisoo deserve each other. She should put them back together.

 

She finally reached Jennie's apartment. She stared at the front door for a couple of seconds before gingerly pressing the doorbell. She heard draggy footsteps and then the lock went unclick. The door was pushed forward and Chaeyoung moved her wheelchair aside. She looked up; Jennie was staring at her.

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"Jennie, we need to talk."

 

"What do you need to talk about?"

 

"It's not about us. It's about Jisoo."

 

Jennie's eyes turned watery. Chaeyoung knew her ex-girlfriend's heart was captured by Jisoo. She felt irked and jealous but she didn't have the right to feel that way in the first place.

 

"Let me come in?"

 

Jennie pushed the door outright and Chaeyoung pushed herself in. Jennie looked around and found nobody.

 

"You came alone?"

 

"Lisa's downstairs."

 

"Okay."

 

Chaeyoung went in and Jennie closed her door after that. She took over the handles of the wheelchair and pushed Chaeyoung further into the living room.

 

"Any drinks?"

 

"Plain water will do."

 

"Okay."

 

Jennie disappeared into her kitchen as Chaeyoung looked around at the familiar sight of Jennie's home. She came here often before; she could remember vividly of all the moments they shared together. She looked at the couch – Jennie used to hold her in her arms as they watched movies together.

 

"What are you watching?"

 

"I rented this movie – Frozen. It's an animation."

 

"Are you mocking me?"

 

"What?"

 

"Is this a pun to indirectly calling me an ice princess?"

 

"Sweetie, you're a warm ice princess. Only I can make you warm."

 

Jennie giggled as Chaeyoung leaned closer and kissed her forehead. Then the kisses went to the lips and before they knew it, they were making out in front of the television with Frozen playing on the background.

 

"wifey, we're supposed to watch the movie!"

 

"You started it first!"

 

"You could have stopped me!"

 

Jennie smirked before pushing Chaeyoung down; leaning her body weight on the person lying below her.

 

"Do you wanna build a snowman?"

 

Jennie was singing along with the cartoon characters and Chaeyoung giggled.

 

"Do you want to freeze me to death?"

 

"Hmm, I only know how to make you warm."

 

"Oh, really?"

 

"Of course! Do you want to try?"

 

"On the couch?!"

 

"Let's try it!"

 

"YA!"

 

Jennie didn't wait. She really made Chaeyoung real hot that night. It was pure pleasure.

 

-

 

"What are you staring at?"

 

Chaeyoung turned to find Jennie with two glasses of water in her hands. Chaeyoung was staring intently at the couch; reminiscing about the moments they had together. She shook her head.

 

"Nah, I was just stoning."

 

Jennie shrugged her shoulders before putting the two glasses on the coffee table. Jennie sat comfortably on her sofa with Chaeyoung wheeling herself closer to Jennie. They were staring at each other and Chaeyoung could see the puffiness in Jennie's eyes.

 

"Have you been crying?"

 

"Try being hurt in two relationships simultaneously; see if you'll cry your heart out."

 

Jennie's sarcasm was difficult to stomach but Chaeyoung tolerated it well. Jennie was mad at her and Jisoo for lying to her. Well, Jisoo was an innocent victim so Chaeyoung was here to set things right.

 

"I know you're mad at me."

 

"I'm furiously mad at you for lying about everything."

 

"Jennie, I have reasons for hiding this from you. It's really difficult for me to watch you cry all the time. I'm now a burden to myself and the people around me."

 

"But I love you! Shouldn't I be shouldering this burden as well? We're supposed to be married, Chaeyoung. I don't care if I have to carry you for life! I love you so much; can't you understand me?!"

 

"I know you love me so much that's why I couldn't put you through this with me."

 

"And you allowed Lisa to come in and bear this with you?"

 

"Lisa came on her accord. I didn't ask her to stay with me."

 

"So you allowed Lisa to do so? Why?"

 

"Because Lisa wanted to be there for me. I know this sounds insane but Lisa made a promise that she'd stay with me no matter what happen in the future. I know I'm selfish enough to hurt you and Jisoo because of Lisa."

 

"Damn right, you are!"

 

"But Jennie, Jisoo is innocent. She's being dragged into this. Lisa often praised highly of her. Jisoo has a heart of gold. She's forgiving. I know Lisa regretted leaving her like as much as I regretted leaving you."

 

"But she's the same like you. She lied to me!"

 

"She lied because she had a reason to do so. She's equally hurting like you. Lisa left her for me. And it hurt Lisa so much to know that she was the same reason for Jisoo's heart to be broken this time."

 

Jennie kept quiet. Honestly, she misses Jisoo a lot.

 

"Jennie, I know you love Jisoo, right?"

 

Jennie looked away. She fell in love with Jisoo because she was the best thing in the world that ever happened to her after Chaeyoung.

 

"We went through a lot together. I almost lost her to someone else and I almost ended up as somebody's girl. But God was fair enough to bring us together."

 

"He led you to her again, right?"

 

"I guess so."

 

"Jennie, whatever happened between you and me has nothing got to do with Jisoo. I saw your smile before. I saw you with Jisoo before. You were so happy; your smile was so radiant and your face actually shone so brightly. Only Jisoo could bring that out of you."

 

"You saw me before?"

 

"Yes, I was with Lisa when I saw Jisoo with you. The two of you were walking together."

 

"How do I know that Jisoo won't hurt me like you did?"

 

"You just know. You know it better than me; it's there in your heart."

 

Jennie bit her lower lip. She looked away; probably thinking of Jisoo at that moment. Chaeyoung could only smile bitterly. She knew she has lost Jennie from the day she left her.

 

"Find her, Jennie. Tell her you love her."

 

"What about you?"

 

"I've lost my chance with you. I gave it up."

 

"Will Lisa treat you right?"

 

Chaeyoung smiled.

 

"She has always been there for me since I was diagnosed with this illness."

 

"You know I still love you, Chaeyoung."

 

"Yes I know but your heart wants Jisoo, right?"

 

Jennie nodded.

 

"Then find her. Don't let her go."

 

"I need to do something."

 

"Sure, I'll leave first. Take care okay?"

 

"Thanks Chaeyoung."

 

Chaeyoung managed a smile.

 

-

 

Lisa was waiting in her car. She kept looking at her time and praying that Chaeyoung would be alright. Chaeyoung refused to let Lisa follow her earlier on. She didn't want to provoke Jennie and Lisa reluctantly remained behind in the car. She had been waiting for close to an hour now. She assumed things were fine between Chaeyoung and Jennie.

 

She was minding her own business when her phone rang. She saw Seulgi's name blinking on her ID caller. She frowned – why did Seulgi call her for?

 

"Yes Seulgi unnie?"

 

"Where the hell are you now?"

 

"I'm at Jennie's place."

 

"What?"

 

"Chaeyoung came to talk with Jennie."

 

"Okay, that's great. Listen, I received a call from Jisoo's ex-girlfriend."

 

"Ex-girlfriend?"

 

"Well, she was dating this girl for few months before she realized she was in love with Jennie."

 

"Oh, what did she say?"

 

"Jisoo's leaving the country!"

 

"WHAT?!"

 

"Take Jennie with you and meet me at the airport!"

 

"Okay, I'll be there!"

 

Lisa immediately got out from the car and ran all the way up to Jennie's apartment. She saw Chaeyoung leaving the apartment and she rushed to her.

 

"Wait!"

 

"Lisa, what are you doing here?"

 

Chaeyoung was stunned to find Lisa preventing the door from closing and Jennie was glaring at her.

 

"Let it go! Are you insane?"

 

"Jennie, I know you hate me and my guts a lot. But this is important!"

 

"Chaeyoung's leaving. You can take her with you."

 

"No, I have to bring you along too!"

 

"Whatever for?!"

 

"Lisa, what's going on?"

 

Chaeyoung reached out for Lisa's hand. Lisa was panicking too much. Lisa turned to look at Chaeyoung with a panic gaze; she swallowed hard.

 

"Chaeyoung, Seulgi unnie called me earlier on."

 

Jennie snapped her neck to the right to face Lisa.

 

"Jennie, Jisoo's leaving the country and Seulgi asked to bring you to the airport right now!"

 

Jennie's eyes grew larger.

 

-

 

Jisoo was at the airport; she didn't tell anyone about her departure. She needed time alone; she felt like she was losing every ounce of her life. Jennie snapped at her on the phone.

 

Jisoo rushed to Jennie's apartment. She pressed on the doorbell for umpteen of times. She even banged on the front door.

 

"Jennie, open up! Let me explain!"

 

"Go away! I don't want to see you again!"

 

"Jennie, open up! I won't leave until I get to see you!"

 

Jennie grudgingly opened up the door and glared at Jisoo. Her eyes were completely red and puffy but Jennie stood her ground. Jisoo, on the other hand, was worse off than Jennie. She was obviously crying a lot; her eyes were even redder than Jennie's.

 

"Talk now."

 

"Jennie, believe me when I said I love you. I really do!"

 

"But you lied to me! You knew about Chaeyoung!"

 

"Jennie, I don't know that Chaeyoung hid about her illness from you. I only know that they're together! Lisa told me she was going to return to Chaeyoung's side!"

 

"Since you know I'm Chaeyoung's ex-girlfriend, why didn't you come clean with me?!"

 

"We didn't really start well. We were enemies remember? I didn't even expect myself to fall in love with you. Seulgi kept insisting that we made a good pair but we kept ignoring that fact without even realizing that we indeed fell in love with each other. You remember those times when we spent time together? We obviously have feelings for each other but because of what happened to us; what Lisa and Chaeyoung did to us; we were just too afraid to admit that we're in love. I know how difficult it was to get over Chaeyoung. I just couldn't confess to you that I know what happened to Chaeyoung."

 

"I love you so much, Jisoo. You took over my world and my heart. You're almost the best for me; you're even better than Chaeyoung. But what you did broke my heart. My fear of losing myself to pain and heartbreaking moments made me hate you now."

 

"You hate me?"

 

"I hate the fact that you lied! I thought you were better than Chaeyoung!"

 

"Jennie, I love you so much. I didn't mean to hurt you."

 

"But you already did! I cannot trust you anymore."

 

"Jennie.."

 

"Jisoo, you know how hurt I was when Chaeyoung left me! I lost my trust in love. I don't think we should be together anymore."

 

"You're going to give up on us? You're going to leave me?"

 

"Maybe I shouldn't fall in love in the first place. The pain is tormenting me. Just leave me alone, Jisoo. I'm sorry."

 

Jisoo left Jennie's house with a broken heart. She chided herself for not being truthful but how would she expect that things would turn out to be like this? Once again, Jisoo was at the losing end. First it was Lisa, now Jennie. She was obliged to pin the blame on Chaeyoung but what could Chaeyoung do if she had to live her life on the wheelchair because of her illness.

 

So in the end, Jisoo blamed herself. She couldn't think anymore and somehow in her drunkard stupor, she made a long distance call to her someone who used to know her best.

 

"Jisoo unnie?"

 

"Mina.."

 

"Jisoo unnie, what are you doing up at this hour? It's 3pm here; in Korea it should be 3am now. Are you drunk?"

 

"Mina, I feel like dying."

 

"Why? What's wrong?"

 

"Can I visit you?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Just say yes. I have nowhere to go now."

 

Mina didn't feel right about Jisoo right now. She was certain Jisoo was drunk. So she just agreed to whatever Jisoo said and little did she know that Jisoo was for real. The next morning Jisoo called her and said she had booked an immediate flight.

 

Mina was stunned.

 

"Are you sure you're coming over?"

 

"I just needed to be away for a few days."

 

"What's wrong with you, Jisoo unnie?"

 

"I'll tell you when I see you there."

 

"Okay, email me your itinerary. I'll pick up you up from the airport."

 

"Sure."

 

So there she was at the airport; waiting for her flight. She just couldn't think anymore. She just couldn't stand being in the same place as Lisa or Jennie or even Chaeyoung.

 

She needed to be away.

 

"I'm sorry, Jennie. I'll come back when I feel better."

 

Tears fell from the corner of her eyes.

 

-

 

"KANG SEULGI!"

 

"Jennie?"

 

"WHAT DID MINA TELL YOU?!"

 

"Are you on the way to the airport now?"

 

"Yes, and Lisa, hurry up!"

 

Lisa nodded and drove a little faster. Chaeyoung was sitting in the front passenger seat. She watched as Jennie went hysterical at Seulgi.

 

"WHAT DID SHE SAY?!"

 

"She told Mina she's coming over. She called Mina at 3 am and told her that she didn't want to live here in Korea anymore. She couldn't think at all. She was drunk and Mina thought she was just blabbering nonsense. But this morning Jisoo called her again and told her that she has got herself the earliest flight out and leaving immediately. Mina knew something was not right so she called Irene and told me everything!"

 

Jennie's heart sank. She pushed Jisoo away. She was the one who drove Jisoo away.

 

"What did you say to her, Jennie? What makes her wanting to leave eagerly? She's not like this, Jennie. She wouldn't do anything this rush!"

 

"I told her I couldn't be with her."

 

"WHAT? Didn't Chaeyoung or Lisa explain things with you?"

 

"I was too clouded with my own problems and drowned in my own pain to even think about her! Chaeyoung spoke to me earlier on. I miss her, Seulgi. I was lying when I said I don't need her anymore. I was just too blinded by the pain!"

 

"Sheesh, Jennie! I'm reaching airport soon. I'll look for her with Irene. Find us there later!"

 

"Okay, please Seulgi, please don't let her leave me! I love her, Seulgi, I really do!"

 

"I know that, Jennie. Just ask Lisa to hurry up!"

 

Lisa didn't need to be reminded. She was already speeding at 120km/h. Chaeyoung in the meantime was looking at Jennie who was staring into the empty space. She must have regretted pushing Jisoo away. She leaned to the side and managed to reach out for Jennie's hands. She held on tightly. Jennie turned to look at her.

 

"Don't worry, we will stop Jisoo from leaving."

 

Jennie kept her silence. She just nodded her head and then looked out of the window. Chaeyoung looked on with sadness in her eyes. She knew she has completely lost Jennie to Jisoo. And it hurts her to see Jennie suffering again; just because of her selfishness.

 

Chaeyoung recalled those moments when she first met Jennie.

 

-

 

"ROSEANNE PARK CHAEYOUNG!"

 

"GEEZ, CHANYEOL! STOP CALLING ME THAT!"

 

"YOU'RE HOGGING THE ROOM! HURRY UP!"

 

"FINE! I'M COMING OUT NOW!"

 

Chaeyoung was staring at her brother the moment she stepped out of the bathroom. He didn't really care and managed to stick his tongue out before rushing to the bathroom. Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and then made her way back to her bedroom. Her sister was brushing her hair and putting on some make up. It was obvious that she was preparing for her date.

 

"Looking good, sis! Alex is really lucky!"

 

"Thank you and shut up!"

 

Chaeyoung grinned before leaving her room. She made her way down to the kitchen where her father was reading newspapers at the dining table.

 

"Hi Daddy!"

 

Her father looked up.

 

"Hi Sweetie, are you hungry?"

 

"A little."

 

"I'll cook. What do you want to eat?"

 

"Daddy, I feel like eating out. Do you have time for me?"

 

"Oh? I have to get back to office for a short while. Do you want to tag along? I'll just take 15 minutes."

 

"You sure? You lied to me the last time."

 

Chaeyoung pouted her lips.

 

"Oh, that time was really important. I'm just there to pick up my golf clubs. I'm going golfing tomorrow with my friends."

 

"Alright then, I'll get change."

 

"Are your brother and sister joining us?"

 

"They have dates. I don't think they have time for us."

 

"Alright then, I'll get ready too."

 

Chaeyoung was her daddy's little girl. She was literally pampered the most by her father. He would give up anything for her and so when Chaeyoung confessed to him that she might be gay, her father totally understood the situation. His words to her were "just as long as you're happy, sweetie."

 

That was the same reason why Chaeyoung was extremely close to him. Her father drove back to his office and took his golf clubs. And as promised, he really took only 15 minutes and then the father-daughter couple drove to the nearest eatery.

 

Chaeyoung enjoys fast food but her father was concerned with the fatty food that she had been taking all this while. So he took her to the place that he used to dine in with his business partners. Chaeyoung liked it. It was near to the seaside. It was like a beach house.

 

"Wow, this is awesome."

 

"Yeah, it's my friend's restaurant. He has decided to open up a little eatery near to his house. Did you see that huge house behind it?"

 

Chaeyoung turned and saw it. She nodded her head.

 

"That's his house; he lives here with his wife and his two daughters. One of them is here but the other one is working in Korea."

 

"Oh, so they're Koreans too?"

 

"Yes, they're just like us – Korean Australians. I'll introduce you to him later."

 

"Okay!"

 

Chaeyoung ordered seafood pasta and smoked salmon with salad. She enjoyed the food really well. It was really clean and healthy.

 

"Taeyang!"

 

Chaeyoung turned. Somebody was calling her father.

 

"Jiyong!"

 

Chaeyoung saw a quite-good looking middle aged man swimming through the crowd of people in front of them before reaching out for her father's hand. They shook hands and gave each other a hug. Chaeyoung looked on. This must be her father's friend – the owner of the restaurant.

 

"It has been a long time!"

 

"I've been busy."

 

"Oh, you have company."

 

"Meet my daughter, Chaeyoung, Jiyong."

 

Chaeyoung stood up and bowed slightly.

 

"Chaeyoung, this is Uncle Jiyong."

 

"Hello Uncle Jiyong."

 

"Hi Chaeyoung! Wow, you're really beautiful!"

 

Chaeyoung giggled softly. Uncle Jiyong was really funny.

 

"Where's your family?"

 

"Oh, they're at the back. My eldest daughter is here too!"

 

"Oh? Jennie's back?"

 

"Yeah, she took a month leave to spend time with us. Yeri was ecstatic to see her. Come, I'll introduce them to you!"

 

Uncle Jiyong instructed his waiter to help the Parks with their food. He invited them into his home. His family was sitting at the dining table.

 

"Honey, we have company."

 

A lady turned and she was smiling widely.

 

"TAEYANG!"

 

"CHAERIN!"

 

"AHEM!"

 

"Oh come on, he's my senior in university. We're just friends."

 

"Well, you're still my wife."

 

"Jiyong, you're embarrassing me!"

 

Chaeyoung looked on as the adults were teasing each other. She turned to her left to find two other younger ladies were staring at them as well. The older one was attractive.

 

"The kids are watching!"

 

"Oh, I forgot! Kids, do you remember Uncle Taeyang?"

 

"I do!"

 

The younger one screamed.

 

"Uncle Taeyang Park?"

 

"Yes, Jennie. Taeyang, this is Jennie."

 

"Oh my, she has grown beautifully!"

 

Chaeyoung was staring at Jennie. Her father was damn right about that. She's really beautiful.

 

"Jennie, meet Chaeyoung. She's Uncle Taeyang's youngest daughter."

 

Jennie smiled; Chaeyoung did the same. It was a mutual feeling between both of them. They were attracted to each other.

 

-

 

"You like her?"

 

"Yeri, keep quiet!"

 

"Sis, it's so obvious!"

 

"Yes, but oh my god, can you just shut up?! She's in the living room!"

 

"Did you make eyes at her just now?"

 

"I DID NOT!"

 

"YOU DID TOO!"

 

"Girls, what's wrong with the both of you?"

 

"Mom, Jen unnie is in love with Chaeyoung!"

 

"SHEESH! KIM YERIM!"

 

"I know that. I can see it."

 

"MOM!"

 

"Oh come on Jennie, you were staring at her all the while."

 

"Mom, can we stop this?"

 

"Have you gotten closer to her?"

 

"What?"

 

"It has been 2 weeks. Are you two closer now?"

 

Jennie and Chaeyoung have been spending their time together almost every day. They clicked so well and since then, the two ladies did shopping together; hanging out at the movies and even took short trips across the cities.

 

"Yeah, sort of. But I'm not sure if she likes me. Or if she's even something like me."

 

Jennie Kim is the gay in the family. Her sister prefers guys but Jennie prefers her own gender. It was something her parents have embraced. They didn't love her less. They love her even more.

 

"Well, from what I could see, she might be."

 

"Mom, don't put my hopes high."

 

"Oh come on, Mom's always right with her sixth sense!"

 

Jennie couldn't argue with that. The last time she dated this girl, her mom told her that the girl was not the one; she was right. The girl cheated on Jennie.

 

"Okay fine. But just let things take its natural course, okay?"

 

"Fine by me. But stop staring at her! You look like a ert!"

 

"KIM YERIM!"

 

Jennie threw the box of tissue at Yeri which the girl ducked and it went straight into Chaeyoung's face. It was an awkward silence before Mrs Kim came forward to check on the surprised Chaeyoung.

 

"I'm sorry, Chaeyoung! Girls, shame on you!"

 

"I'm sorry, Chaeng unnie! It was Jennie unnie who threw that!"

 

"YOU!"

 

"It's okay, I'm fine."

 

"Sorry, Chaeyoung."

 

Jennie stuck her tongue out and Chaeyoung found it cute. She giggled instead.

 

"It's really okay, Jennie. It's just a tissue box."

 

Chaeyoung's eye smile got Jennie's heart beating like mad. It really went crazy when Chaeyoung came nearer.

 

-

 

"Why are you alone here?"

 

Jennie jumped in her seat when she heard that voice. She quickly turned to find Chaeyoung walking towards her. She smiled widely.

 

"I'm just enjoying the night sea breeze."

 

"It's really cold out here."

 

"Yeah, do you have a jacket with you?"

 

"I'm wearing a cardigan. Can I join you?"

 

"Sure, come over here."

 

Jennie was sitting at the verandah just behind her house. It was facing the sea and Jennie really loves to sit there as the open sea was facing her.

 

"It's really nice here."

 

"I grew up at this house; I really enjoy living here."

 

"I heard from my father that you're working in Korea?"

 

"Yes, I took up my dream job but I have to work in Korea."

 

"That's awesome."

 

"You're spending time with your family after quitting your last job?"

 

"Yeah, I was working in Korea too. But I quit my job and returned to New Zealand. I wanted to see my family and spend time with them."

 

"Are you planning to look for a job?"

 

"Maybe, but not now; I needed more rest."

 

Jennie laughed and nodded her head.

 

"I understand what you mean. I took a month's leave to spend time with my family."

 

The two ladies smiled and sat in silence. Jennie stole some glances and Chaeyoung did the same too. Suddenly something fell in front of them. Jennie screamed and Chaeyoung did the same too. They hugged each other tightly.

 

"ARGHHH!"

 

"Arf Arf...."

 

Jennie turned to find a puppy cuddling up to her legs. She then realized she was holding on to Chaeyoung tightly.

 

"Err."

 

"I'm sorry!"

 

Chaeyoung pulled away.

 

"Nah, it's okay. It was just some puppy."

 

Jennie knelt down and caressed the puppy's fur. It barked cutely.

 

"Aw, so this is the culprit who shocked the out of us both."

 

"Yeah, he's a permanent resident at this veranda. I kinda miss him. He must have jumped down from there."

 

"Is he yours?"

 

"Nah, he's the beach dog. But he's always here for food."

 

Jennie went over to a small cabinet at the corner of the veranda. Chaeyoung followed suit and saw a dog biscuits with a dog food tray. Jennie poured out the biscuits onto the tray and put it on the floor. The puppy quickly ate up; wagging its tail.

 

"You like dogs?"

 

Chaeyoung was fond of animals. So she wondered if Jennie had the same interest.

 

"Well, I'm a little afraid of big dogs. I'm still fine with puppies."

 

"That's awesome."

 

Both of them were bending down at the same time to pat the dog but they knocked each other's heads instead. Both of them looked up at the same time and realized they looked like stupid fools; staring and gazing at each other. But Jennie wanted something more. She could feel a certain vibe from Chaeyoung but she wasn't too sure.

 

She then put her hand behind Chaeyoung's neck as Chaeyoung's arms went around her waist. They pulled each other closer and slowly leaned towards each other. First, their foreheads touched; then their noses before their lips found each other.

 

"God, your lips.."

 

"Jennie, I..."

 

"Wait, don't say it. Let's just enjoy this kiss."

 

And indeed they did. They were practically making out with each other; with the beach dog wagging its tail at them like as though he was approving their relationship.

 

-

 

"Chaeyoung?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"Let's go?"

 

"We've reached?"

 

"Yes, and Jennie has ran off. Are you alright? You were in a daze."

 

"Nothing, help me Lisa. Let's go find Jisoo."

 

Lisa pushed the wheelchair in and Chaeyoung could see Jennie running around; like a lost child. It hurt her that she has lost Jennie's heart.

 

I guess I'm letting you go now, Jennie. You're no longer in love with me anymore.