01000010

Hypocrites | P.cy

Zakiel's 

Silence almost enveloped the current setting. Well, almost... The sound of my footseps and Chanyeol's current kicking of a random pebble filled my hearing. Regardless, this situation wouldn't be as awkward if this Curly-haired giant will stop burning holes on the side of my face. It's like he wants me to say something, still I stay silent. 

Yet what can I say?! 

I barely know him and I'm no good with small talks. If only he'd somehow process that and just leave me be. We're out of the neighborhood and nearing the bus stop, I can't wait to separate. 

Why'd I even agree in the first place? 

Does this silence of mine come of as rude to him? I don't want that. He's asian so manner must be a great factor for him right? Clearing my throat I pretend to fix my vision on the sidewalk, I can actually see him through peripheral vision. "Thank you for taking Yuuzan's situation and going out of your way to accompany him." I cooed.

Almost....there....  

"I'll find a way to return the favor, if we ever meet again." I hope we don't. I hear a light hum from him and well this is one of the moments where it's accompanied by a nod. Chanyeol stops kicking the pebble childishly and now walks with a hand in his pocket.  I, on the other hand kept fidgeting in discomfort, well really who wouldn't?

Aaaaand.... Thank Heavens.... We're here. 

Sporting a modest smile, I turn to him and try not to jump of joy. "I'll have to go—"

"Zadkiel-sii. You don't strike me as the uptight person and you still don't. By all means be comfortable. You talk like we're engaging on a formal meeting." He says. Chanyeol bows properly and gets on the bus. From the window he waves me goodbye. Idealy,  I am to show the same courtesy by waving back but I can't find myself doing it. With purses lips, Chanyeol keeps eye contact with me up until a certain distance where we can't maintain sight of each other anymore. 

I scoff as I walk my way back to my apartment building. "Zadkiel-sii. You don't strike me as the uptight person and you still don't. By all means be comfortable. You talk like we're engaging on a formal meeting." I imitate Chanyeol immaturely. That giant elf! I could care less if I come off as uptight. There are such things as boundaries and I'm not about to let you step over mine. 

Entering my home, immediately I took off my clothing and dive straight to my fluffy cushions, not even bothering to switch the lights on. It's as if he's trying to get to me. I looked up my ceiling and groan then the comfy coverd swallow my figure. "People who try to pry are uneeded...." The need for rest crawls it's way to my body and promptly my eyes felt droopy. Yawning, my eyes fully close and my senses unwind. 

"Iyarashi......kisama..." 

Hopefully I'd never see him again. 

-

Chanyeol's

"Annyeong Zadkiel-ssi~" I greet with a smile. 

(Annyeong- An informal/friendly way of 'hello) 

Zadkiel— who just a second ago acted sluggish— now looks at me with eyes wide open, mouth gaped. The Russian's eyes are evidently glinting in displeasure. It's like she's  cursing at me in Japanese and Russian in her head. "Well, good morning to you too." I chuckle. With one hand Kiel  holds her coffee and with the other runs through her hair and stopping to grip, as if preventing herself from wacking me.

Cute. 

Zadkiel turns to the cafe's barista and smiles. "Thank You Minseok." 

Seeing how she just passed by me in a hurry had the barista stare at me questionably. "Are you close with Zadkiel Chanyeol?" Minseok Hyung smiles. I shake my head in response and take a sip from my boba tea. "Not yet, but soon." Declaring,  I hum and lean over the counter. "Are you close with her Hyung?" 

Minseok stops to think. 

"Not sure. Zadkiel works in the same day care as Kyungsoo and she stops by for the usual espresso every morning. I'm close with her brothers, I assume we're close but she acts otherwise." 

I nod. 

"Why?" Minseok asks. 

"Nothing." 

The barista gives me a teasing look. "What? It's nothing." I defend. Nevertheless, he keeps at it even grinning goofy in the process. "It really is nothing~" Insisting, I finish my boba tea and pouts at him. "I'm not saying anything though." Only because you don't need to say anything. I ignore him and leave the cafe. 

Since the workshop where I teach is relatively nearby. I decide to walk and luckily halfway there, I see Zadkiel about to cross the street. Presumably headed to the day care centre I heard she works at. Without even thinking I sprint to pull her back by her shoulder. "Zadkiel." I call in a hoarse tone. Kiel tenses up and immediately I remove my hand and step backward. 

I hope I didn't startle her. 

Pursing my lips, I observe and patiently hopes that she'd smile my way which is highly unlikely. Noticing how shaky her hands were as she held her face made me worry. "Zad...." I trail off. I find myseld unable to finish my though the moment Zadkiel turns around to reveal her blushing visage. Currently at loss for words, I can't help but print her beet red face unto my head. 

I gulp and run my hand through ny curly hair. 

"H-hey are you okay?" 

"Exactly as I thought." Zadkiel mumbles coherently. 

"Irayashi." She adds then practically runs to her destination.

'Irayashi'?

That's Japanese right? 

What could that possibility mean? 

If Zadkiel just called me handsome I swear I'd loose it. 

Zadkiel's

"Irayashi" I confirm before running across the street to the dat care centre and just enter wheezing like I just forgot how to breathe.

(Irayashi: disgusting) 

With a defeated demeanor, I slump down and feel my face temperature. Still hot. . Please tell me Chanyeol didn't see me blush! Baka! Is it even possible to blush this hard just by hearing his voice? On my defense, His tone just....  Just...  "It was just totally hot..." I finally admit causing myself to blush even more. 

"What was hot?" Kyungsoo's disembodied voice had me squeal in surprise. "K-kyung... H-hey..." I greet pathetically.  Though as if it wasn't satisfying the younger guy gives me a teasing look. "W-what?" Brushing off his stares,  I proceed to drop my bag to the locker.

Phew... Thank goodness Kyungsoo doesn't pry. 

I'd die of embarrassment if I had to tell anyone.

I feel like such a ert. 

I'm not....

Am I? 

"You might be." Kyungsoo once again comments. The Korean guy gives me this knowing look, indicating that I probably said my thoughts out loud unnoticaby. "I need to fix this horrible habit of mine." Grumbling, I tie my hair in a bun using the usual scrunchie. Kyungsoo laughs. "By all means don't it's interesting." 

I watch as Kyungsoo wear the Penguin apron that one of the kids bought him yesterday. Awww~ he looks so precious and blends right in with the kids. "Zadkiel I'll leave the babies to you for today." He informs. I raise a brow,  "Hm? Weren't we both on the toddlers today?" 

The little man sighs, "Apparently Harley got sick last night. She called just now. It'll have to just be us." 

I nod and start carrying on my tasks for today.

-
"I'll get going first Kyung." I inform. 

I really need to go home and sleep. I forgot to eat last night and slept with the AC on full blast. I woke up late this morning and it's  a good thing that the day care is of walking distance though because of that I skipped breakfast and went straight foe coffee. Lunch was impossible, three babies were dropped off today and I just wanted to cry along with them. 

There's isn't any convenience stores nearby and I don't feel like stopping by Minseok's cafe after crossing paths with Chanyeol. So I hailed a cab and went grocery shopping. After doing so I headed straight home and ate microwaved food because I'm too lazy to cook for now It'll do.  

My phone suddenly rang. I checked the caller ID, "Hm? Tou-san?" 

"こんばんは." My dad greets from the other line. Hearing how scruffy his voice sounds made me frown. Is he overworking himself again? "Yes, a good evening to you too Tou-san. Something up?" I tried to brush off my concern as I know it'll do me no good to voice it out. Tou-san likes to joke conflicts off and I don't do well that type of attitude of his. 

"Actually Kiel, Yuuzan's having this 'bring-your-parents-to-school thing' tomorrow and I'm jammed.." He trails off and I supress the urge to scoff in disbelief. Through gritted teeth I asked, "Sou desu ka?" I already know what he's going to say but it's better coming from him. I rarely even hear my dad talk. 

(Sou desu ka?: Really is that so?)

"I'd like for you to fill in. It's a whole day event. You Kaa-san and I—"

"Yes dad I can fill in. I'm busy so bye."

Ending the call in an instant, I shoved my phone in my purse and ran out of the house dressed casually without even bothering with my make-up. "I feel the sudden urge to unwind." I declare and hail a cab to the Club I frequently go to. 

Once I arrived, the bartender instantly placed a wine glass and a bottle of 'prosecco' in front of me. I come here 'frequently'. This club is nice because the club that hosts parties and events as such separates from the serene bar  where jazz music plays. Absentmindedly, I start indulging my champagne bottle. Hours later and not even a halfway through, I already felt and knew I was drunk. 

 

 

 

Third Person's

Zadkiel stopped drinking and was just about to get up from her seat when a guy pulls her back to sit. "Leaving so soon?" This particular guy looked well groomed and as Zadkiel describes him 'smells of money'. The drunk lady smiles a little bit more wide than she usually would, "Suho~" she cooes. 

"Fancy seeing ....you here, sugga daddy~" Unstable and not in her right mind Zadkiel greets Suho which the Korean guy smiles at. "I should be saying that. I saw you last week and you never come by twice a month." He says and snatches the wine glass from Zadkiel when she was about to sip. The Russian girl laughs,  "Funny you should say,  you seeeeeee...  Thuhoeeee..  It's that again." 

Hearing this made Suho's face turn serious. "Again?" He asks as if im disbelief.

"Again..." Zadkiel nods and chews on her bottom lip. She no longer smiled instead tears were on the verge of falling. "...again Suhoee..  I don't get it. Why? Она! она.. есть время бездельничать в России, но она не может найти время... время провести с нами." Suho sighed in dissapointment when Zad had started speaking Russian. "When you say 'again' I don't really know what you mean because you're inconsistent on language."

(SHE! she.. has time to idle over at Russia but she can't find time to... time to spend with us. )

"It's impossible for me to get to know you if every time you share it's either in Japanese or Russian." 

As if Zadkiel heard nothing she continues in a brittle tone, "Не слишком ли много просить, чтобы она стала нам матерью?"

(Is it too much to ask for her to be a mother to us?) 

Feeling no strength left whatsover,  Zadkiel gives in and slumps over the table. "She's never there...." The drunk lady murmurs before indulging the slumber. Meanwhile, Suho pouts and eventually groans. "I'll never understand, who is SHE? You're striking me off as lesbian Zadkiel." Suho laughs bitterly. "You always stay to listen to my problems no matter how stupid it is you comfort me yet I can't do the same." 

The man closes his eyes and massages his temples. "I'm painfully sober Zad..." Suho removes his velvet suit thus leaving him in his dress shirt. The Korean man secretly glances over the clun area only to find a certain someone who's been looking for a long time now walking to approach them. Suho smiles to himself and proceeds to leave. 

"I'll leave Zadkiel to you Chanyeol."