01000100

Hypocrites | P.cy

 

Zadkiel's

It's recess and the parents have called to discuss about their kid's performance in class. Feeling no need to go whatsoever I sneaked out making sure to wink at Miss Anna in the process for a bit of a heads up. I headed for the playroom since Chanyeol is with Yuuzan there. 

Frowning when I heard shirll voices of children,  I braced myself and chanted my calming mantra. Knocking a few times, I entered and not even a second in a kid just ran to me, giggling and hiding behind me. "Uh...." Not knowing how to react, surely my face looks so displeased opposite from Chanyeol who carries kids up his arms and runs around the room imitating aircraft sounds. 

The little girl tugs on my skirt and urges me to lean down so I did, now carrying her on my arms before fully entering. "Are You Yuuzan's Mommy?"   She whispers on my ear and I shrug in response though the little one seemed to not have understood. "That daddy over there," Pointing to Chanyeol, "Are you having his baby?" 

Eyes wide, I stopped and so did Chanyeol. Every kid seemd to have heard and they gathered up, squatting on the floor as if listening to a discussion. My 'husband' and I sat in front of them and had Yuuzan between us. Scratching my nape awkwardly I ask,  "How do you know about those things....  Uhhh....?"

"Ivy." She says with a smile, for a moment Ivy hums as if she's thinking about something. "....Six.... Six of us are going to become big sisters and big brothers. There's a baby in our mommy's tummy!" Exclaiming Ivy points to five random children and to herself. 

Laughing, I shake my head at their cute thoughts. "No,  I'm not having a baby, and I won't be." I deny and Chanyeol his head over to me sporting an offended look. "You don't want Yuuzan to have a younger sibling Wifey?" He jokes making me cringe and want to throw up. "You're pushing your luck Yeol." I hush him but instead of behaving the giant scoops me up to his arms and run around. 

"Ha. Ha. Ha. I have the queen with me. All knights rescue her if you dare." Chanyeol fakes a guttural voice and all girls shriek.  The boys act as if they're brave knight that rode on steeds and chases after him. 

"Put me down." Whispering,  I command him, not liking the fact that he keeps running around holding me partly because I've no choice but to hold unto him. 

"Hmm.." He pretends to think but then suddenly places me at the very top of a slide.  "Not until we decide to have Yuuzan's sibling—I mean— not until a knight in shining armor rescues you."

You're really pushing your luck. 

Next time I'm bringing Minseok with me so he can play "daddy". 

The boys gang up on Chanyeol and tickle him and the grown man practically wriggles on the floor dying in laughter. I fear that he might end up pathetically choking on his own spit. "I give up." Chanyeol surrenders, breathless and tired. All children cheer as I slide down pertaining I'm "rescued." 

The school bell suddenly rings indicating snack time and we observe how children ran to their parents leaving Chanyeol,  Yuuzan, I, a few other kids in the playroom. 
"Chanyeol Nii!!  Sugoi!  That was fun!" My little brother beams gladly and even jumps in joy. 

(Sugoi: Amazing) 

The giant now gets up and dusts himself off. I check my timepiece and pout. It's fun but I don't want to stay here. "What's the next activity?" I ask Chanyeol. "Uh.... Earlier Miss Anna said that the parents are playing later on." My brows meet in disfavor and The Korean man discerns. "Why? Wanna leave?" I nod eagerly. 

"Okay, but I'm taking Yuuzan to the restroom first." He agrees and takes Yuuzan's little hand as they venture off. 

As I was waiting outside a mother in her Mid-thirties approaches me. "Hi, I'm Ivy's Mommy, Fae." She introduces. "I'm Zadkiel, Yuuzan's..  well almost mommy." I reply and the beautiful lady flashes me a confused look. Much like her daughter she brushes it off. "Ivy talked all about you while eating. You're husband is a real keeper."

He is?

"Hm...Yeah I guess. He's handsome, competent and great with kids." I compliment my supposed husband but really I wanted to laugh out loud. The Mrs. draws closer to my ear and mumbles, "A very energetic young man too, I'm sure you could take another child or two." The elder laughs while I just basically choke on absolutely nothing. I knew what she meant but damn no, I couldn't imagine Chanyeol in that way. 

It's possible with that hot barista. 

But Chanyeol is just a no-no.

Vigorously shaking my head I stumble. "N-no it's—"

It's none of your business.

"It's something I'll take from here." Chanyeol cuts me off, casually holding my hand and surprising both the Missus and I. Smirking Mrs. Fae goes on her way while I glare at Chanyeol. The giant only laughs in return. "Leave me be. Once we're out of here I'm no longer your hubby." Rolling my eyes, I took Yuuzan's hand and lead him out of the School's premises. 

"Aaaaand we're out. I'm once again your Nee-san and you're no longer my 'hubby'." I countered. 

Chanyeol pouts for a moment but then acknowledges the changes. My phone rings and I fish it out my handbag. "Hm?" I answered not even bothering to check the caller ID. "You still answer your phone like this." A familiar wheeze can be heard from the other line making me gasp. Noooo.  "Nii-sama? Is that you? I haven't heard your voice in years." I squealed feeling the sudden urge to bounce in joy. 

Raizel Nii-sama is my eldest brother along with my Eldest sister and only sister Zairel Nee-sama. They're twins— yes we have two sets of twins in the family. My eldest siblings took after my dad. Entirely after my dad, Japanese and having no trace of Russian in them at all. Out of all siblings I'm closest and most fond of Raizel.

"You're actually presumed dead by yours truly." I inform and Raizel sports his signature wheeze. "Still can't laugh normally huh?" I tease and the elder clicks his tongue. "It's normal for me." He defends and I picture him with eyebrows meeting. 
"Listen Zadkiel. Kaa-san made a sudden visit here and all hell broke loose. I couldn't afford to protest when she took Haru there specially since Haru wanted to go." My brother reports. 

"Haru's here? Now? MY SON? Since when?" I ask panicking. 

"They're already at the Main house by now and he's MY son." 

"Yeah? Nice cathing up. До свидания." I hurriedly dropped the call and asked Chanyeol to drive us home. He complied and did so. 

(До свидания: Good bye) 

 

Once we arrived,  I thanked Chanyeol for all his help and hastened with Yuuzan inside. I look around and a figure sitting on the sofa catches my attention. She is wearing her reading glasses with a magazine in hand. Beside her sat my Father, looking fairly aged and incredibly tired. The woman stood up at the sight of us.

"Kaa-San!" Yuuzan exclaims and ran to hug our mother. Kaa-san smiles and pecks my little brother's cheek before having him placed on Tou-San's lap. Eyeing me intensely, Kaa-san makes her way to my direction. I didn't understand why but I felt ineffable change in emotions. I felt everything there was tofeel, everything but sadness. 

"Zadkiel." Kaa-san calls out. Her voice ever so sweet and pleasant. I reply with a nod and just purse my lips. I didn't know how to react because I don't understand what I'm feeling. It's what I feel everytime I see her. A sour feeling that I can almost taste. My mother didn't smile and no words were further exchanged between us. Anyone who'd witness this scene would be baffled and confused, but I stayed composed because Kaa-san expressed everything there is in her eyes.

Her chestnut brown eyes that held such authority. "This kid.. Noah Haru Yoshida. How long have you known?" Kaa-san questions, expressing the outrage all on her tone alone contrasting her serene demeanour. I gulp, "Since I was fifteen. When Raizel and begged you to have me study in Russia." 

"Proceed." Kaa-san squints her eyes. 

"Since the Child was only three till he turned ten. I took care of him because Nii-sama was so busy in college. I studied in night class and somehow managed." I explain. 

Kaa-san noticably clenches her jaw. "You kept the child from me that long? Seven years Zadkiel, seven ing years! You and Raizel kept a grandson from me! The kid's mother is nowhere to be found!"

I flinch at her outburst. Kaa-san never curses when Tou-san is around, I'm dead. Keeping my head hung low, I had no excuse or any voice in me to talk to my mom. Tou-san covers Yuuzan's ears and hissea at  Kaa-san. "Language!" 

"Fuzakenna yo." Kaa-san mutters enough for me to hear before she takes Yuuzan and storms off to her office.  Once she is nowhere on sight,  I help myself up by leaning on the wall.  I felt so out of breath, my heart vigorously palpitated.  

(Fuzakenna yo: Stop bulling me) 

Tou-san sighs and joins Mom in her study. Looks like Dad's dissapointed too huh? I kept myself leaning until the irregular feeling died down and all that's  left was this hollow sensation in my heart. "Stupid. The heart is just a muscle."

I hear a door click from upstairs and I observe as my son makes his way down the staircase noticably tired, looking like he just woke up. "Ohisashiburi desu ne." I greet and the young boy pulls me into a bone crushing hug and slaps my back. "Don't do that. You know I can't speak Japanese." Haru frowns.

Excuse me? 

Did my son just say he can't speak Japanese? 

"I didn't know that." I raised a brow. 

The boy scratches his nape and hung his head low. "I forgot how to speak Japanese...." 

"I am disowning you boi." 

The latter rolls his eyes,  "How shallow Mom." 

"C'mon I'll take you to a cafe just across the street from my apartment and we'll have your lessons there." 

You don't just forget a language. I'm sure a brat like him knows at least basic words. I raised him for seven years in Russia speaking mainly Japanese and Russian. It's only been five years and I refuse to accept a dumb child. 

-

The little bell by the door go off as we make our way inside the cafe and the lovely aroma of coffee welcome me. I just love it here. Minseok spots me from the counter and flashes his signature gummy smile. "Welcome Zadkiel." The elder greets making me involuntarily smile in return. Another reason to love it here. 

"Gross you look love struck." Haru comments and I elbow his gut. "Shut up. Not everyone gets blessed having to see a hot barista." The younger holds back on grunting in pain, ignoring the brat we stride to the counter. "Two matcha based boba tea please." Throwing obvious flirty glances at Minseok,  the elder laughs and nods saying that he'll personaly take it to us. 


"Блять." Haru mumbles. 

(Блять/ ) 


Time went by and as I suspected, Haru still knows a few words, Greetings and Honorifics so it wasn't that hard teaching him more. It's a must to learn Japanese and Russian once you're part of the family. A little something Kaa-san reminded us as kids. 

"Great. You're a fast learner. Tomorrow, same place, same time." 

The younger's face contorts. "You're leaving me in your apartment for the whole day while you work?" Nonchalant, I take a sip of my boba tea.  "You know the route to the main house and the cafe to my apartment. You're free to roam around I'll leave pocket money. It's just until I settle your documents for school transfer. You're in highschool already no?"

Haru nods and I hum.  "I'll tranfer you to the academy across Yuuzan's Primary School and Beside Azreal and Izriel's University." That way it's easier for me to attend to all my boys' needs. I don't even have a kid of my own and I don't think I'll ever need a kid of my own since I'm surrounded by my younger siblings and niece. "So you're basically letting me roam free?" Haru questions again this time for confirmation and I nod.

 

"Another one of your Kids?" Chanyeol's disembodied voice boomed from behind me and I noticeably flinch at the sudden third party. Haru stares blankly at the giant now standing beside me. "I'm her niece, but if you're flirting with her then she's my mom and I have 3 other siblings." 

Hearing this I giggle. It's something I taught him in Russia that if someone flirts with me he'll ward them off saying I'm a mother of 4. 

"Well said." Chanyeol chimes.