Opening shoot part 2

A day on Runningman

-----------------------------

It was still early in the morning when they arrived in Itaewon and to their surprise there where already allot of people around. After being back in Seoul for 2 days now the four of them already had gotten used to people turning their heads at them because they stood out from the crowd. The first time they had been to Korea it had been uncomfortable the first few days, then it had been kind of interesting how everyone looked at you and after that they hadn't even noticed anymore. It was funny how quickly you could get used to certain things if you didn't had any other choice.
On the way to Itaewon they had decided to first look for a place to get a cup of coffee and a snack, but before they could find a coffee shop a large crowd of people attracted their attention. They went over to see what was going on and to their delight they saw a camera crew, Shirley immediately spotted Kim Jong Kook and Haha. She could hardly refrain herself from bouncing up and down, she never had expected to be able to see the Runningman members and especially her favorite, the tiger Kim Jong Kook.
Even though they where almost at the back of the crowd of people they had good enough view and decided to stick around to watch what was going on. They watched while they saw Jong Kook and Haha question almost every girl they saw and wondered what the mission could be. Shirley looked in another direction for a second because she heard squeals coming from behind her, 'There must be other Runningman there' she thought. Then her friend suddenly gasped out loud, making Shirley turn her attention quickly back to the two Runningman members near her, only to see Kim Jong Kook staring directly at her.
She thought she would get a heart attack when he suddenly changed his direction and headed towards them. She looked around desperately for a way out, but there was none, she was surrounded by people and there was no place to hide. He was coming strait towards her, while she was standing between maybe a hundred other people his eyes where solely fixed on her. The only thought in her mind was: No no, please noooo, not me!, she didn't like to be in the spotlight, getting all the attention and having everyone looking at her was definitely not her thing. But the tiger had apparently found it's pray and there was nothing anyone could do about it, he was approaching her in a fast pace, and the people in front of her where already making room to let him pass true.
Before she knew it he was in front of her "Hello, do you speak English?" he asked, Shirley nodded and just barely managed a soft "Nae (Yes)", suddenly the most captivating smile appeared on his face and she felt like her legs would give out on her, she quickly averted her gaze. "Are you on vacation here?" Kim Jong Kook asked then, she nodded again "Yes, we are." she answered, she tried to look less flustered and more confident than she was. She heard her friends giggling besides her, she knew they weren't particularly interested in Runningman and Kim Jong Kook so she guessed they where laughing at her unusual behavior, it was definitely very unlike her to be seen this shy and the girls she was with must think it very funny. Suddenly Haha interrupted impatiently "Can you join us for today?", without thinking she blurted out a confused "Eehh??", Kim Jong Kook gave Haha an annoyed look "You have to explain it more!" and he shoved him out of the way. Turning back his attention towards Shirley he explained "We need to find a foreign girl who can join us for filming Runningman for the entire day. Do you perhaps know Runningman?", "Nae (Yes), i know." she answered managing a little smile. It seemed like Kim Jong Kook was very relieved by that answer "So, do you have any important plans for today, or would you want to help us out?" he gave her a sweet and pleading smile. She started to stammer "U-uhm...well, i...i don't know.", she looked at her friends to help her out, but it turned out the opposite when one of them said "Sure she can! We don't have any plans for today that can't be done another day.", the others quickly agreed while grinning at Shirley.
Shirley's face turned dark red "Wait..." she said desperately, "It's ok, we'll be fine by ourselves. You just have fun today." her friends answered while giving her an encouraging pat on her back. Something in the way they said that caught her attention; ' "Just have fun today!" Yes, she would do just that, just have fun, enjoy the moment and forget about everything else', she gave her friend a thankful smile, "Alright." she said still a bit flustered but feeling more excited. 
Haha and Jong Kook cheered and bounced up and down at finally having found someone, Jong Kook grabbed her wrist and pulled her in to join their happiness while they both exclaimed "Thank you! Thank you!". When they calmed down Kim Jong Kook turned towards her friends "Thank you as well. We'll take good care of her and bring her back safely." he said very sincerely.

Together with Haha, Kim Jong Kook, the camera men and other staffs she walked back to the starting point. On the way Jong Kook asked her about her name, where she came from and that sort of things. He also introduced Haha and himself, even though she already knew she just let him, it was easier that way. After awhile the conversation started to go smoother, she just tried not to think about the fact that she was chatting with Kim Jong Kook but instead just a new friend or something.
When they entered the cafe that was the starting point she stopped in her tracks, the place was filled with people who where busy with all sorts of things. She saw some familiar faces between the staffs who had appeared on the show a few times and of course Yoo Jae Suk, Lee Kwang Soo and Song Ji Hyo who where sitting at one of the three tables that where the center of attention for all the camera's, microphone's and lights. Only now she fully comprehended she was on Runningman and if it wasn't for the hand that appeared against her back she might have turned and left because she felt too nervous suddenly. She looked to see who it was and saw Kim Jong Kook next to her, he gave her a reassuring smile "Don't be too overwhelmed by all this. It's actually not that bad when you're in front of it." he said while giving her a wink. "Easy for you to say." she muttered under her breath, he must've heard because he chuckled. Following behind Haha and with Jong Kook's hand on her back guiding her forward she walked towards the tables where the other three Runningman already where.
When they entered the filming area Jae Suk stood up from his seat, laughing he said "Ya! What took you so long?" and then he quickly added "Ah, i see Jong Kook found himself a pretty princess.", she felt her face turning red and Haha started laughing out loud "You should've seen his face when he saw her!" he exclaimed while trying to impersonate Kim Jong Kook staring at her. 
"YAH!" Jong Kook yelled while stepping towards Haha like he would give him a beating, it made her giggle softly and only Jae Suk noticed, "She's nervous enough as it is! Stop making her feel more uncomfortable!" Jong Kook growled at them. Jae Suk grinned "I think you're the one who's making her feel most uncomfortable." he muttered, before anyone could respond he added "But I'll guess introductions are in order first.". He walked up to Shirley and held out his hand "Hello, my name is Yoo Jae Suk. Welcome on Runningman.", she took his hand and bowed "Annyeonghaseyo (Hello), Shirley mida. Gamsahamnida (thank you)." she said. The Runningman around her gasped, Jong Kook asked in surprise "Do you know Korean?", Shirley quickly shook her head "Oh no, i only know a few words.". "How?" he asked, she laughed a bit embarrassed "From watching too many Korean drama's." she explained, leaving out that it was also due to watching too much Runningman, "Wah, daebak (awesome)." Jong Kook said, she giggled at his amazed expression.
Not much later the other team consisting of Ji Suk Jin, Kang Gary and another foreign girl also entered the cafe, the girl got introduced as Tohru, she was a exchange student form Japan. After the introductions where done Shirley and Tohru where directed to the make-up and dressing room to chance into the team-outfits and get make-up done for the camera's. When they got back the teams got officially introduced in front of the camera's and the PD declared the mission completed.