Name tag elimination game

A day on Runningman

At the end of the day they arrived at the final location, a school building that was now completely empty because all the students had gone home for the day.
When everyone had gathered the PD explained "Here we're going to play 'Protect-the-Queen name tag elimination', the two male team members have to protect their queen, once the queen is ousted the rest of the team is eliminated as well. Depending on the points you made with the previous missions you'll get an advantage. Queen Tohru's team has a total of three points, please take this" he handed them a suitcase "and proceed to classroom 2.02, you can open this there and see what's in it. Queen Ji Hyo's team has a total of seven points please go to room 3.15 with this suitcase." he gestured to the suitcase labeled with number two "Finally Queen Shirley's team, you have a total of eight points, you'll get this one, you can go to room 4.08." Jong Kook took the suitcase labeled with number one and they headed towards the fourth floor to search for their designated classroom. When they arrived they opened the suitcase curious what it would contain, to their disappointment it was just their name tags in there. For Haha and Kim Jong Kook normal ones, and for Shirley a special queen name tag which meant a regular one but a small crown on top of it. Jong Kook looked at the PD that was assigned to them 'Is this the biggest advantage, regular name tags?" he asked confused, the PD just nodded his head, "Wonder what the other teams got?" Jong Kook muttered.
When they finished putting on their name tags an announcement sounded true the speakers "Welcome Runningman, Protect-the-Queen name tag elimination start!".
Just like that the game started, Shirley suddenly felt anxious and rushed like any moment someone could jump out of no where. Jong Kook turned towards her "You've seen Runningman right? So you know the game we're playing now?", she nodded her head "Yes, i know name tag elimination.", "Good, how about we practice ripping name tags first." he said, she laughed self conscious "Yes, i think that would be a good idea.". "Ok, attacking from the back is easiest."  Jong Kook started his explanation while using Haha for practice "You can just sneak up to them and quickly rip of the name tag. If you're not quick enough and they get time to react they'll turn toward the side they feel your hand on their back. So if you start ripping the name tag from the right side they'll turn right, if you can anticipate that you can turn with them to rip the name tag off, or put your hand on their other shoulder to make them turn in the other direction. Give it a try." he said while gesturing towards Haha. Haha shrieked "But don't rip it of entirely now, just partially, otherwise i'll be out for real.", Shirley laughed "You expect to much from me. I won't be able to rip it of entirely i think, but i'll be careful.".
She attacked Haha from the back and when he turned around she turned with him and pulled his name tag of halfway " Wow, you're a natural talent!" Jong Kook exclaimed, "Aahh, i think it's more like beginners luck." Shirley laughed. "We'll see." he grinned "Let's try a frontal attack. When someone comes at you you best try to grab their wrists or arms." Jong Kook said while approaching her in slow motion like he was going to attack from the front. When he lifted his arms up she quickly grabbed his wrists "Yes, exactly like that!" he said proudly while he stopped 'attacking' "Then you can try to get both of their arms or at least their sleeves into one hand so you have one hand free to rip of their name tag." she didn't even try that part with him, knowing it wouldn't be any use, seeing her expression he laughed "Right, let's try that with Haha. Remember, your opponent will try to do the same thing with your arms.". 
Shirley and Haha pretended to come at each other and simultaneously tried to get their hands on the other ones arms, Shirley was neither strong or a natural talent, like Jong Kook had thought, so within seconds Haha had both her wrists in one hand and his other arm was around her with his hand on her name tag. Jong Kook quickly stepped in separating them, Shirley laughed "Looks like i better not try that, except maybe with Tohru.", "Best thing is to just stay behind me." Jong Kook agreed "I'll protect you my queen." he added a bit dramatically while making a bow. "Yes," Haha said "you are our queen, you shouldn't be attacking or needing to defend yourself. Jong Kook will be your bodyguard and i'll go hunting." he winked. Jong Kook nodded his head "Indeed. Let's go take a look what the other teams are up to.", and so they headed out after the basic name-tag-elimination-training.

A few minutes after they had left the classroom there was an announcement true the speakers "Gary out. Gary out.", the three of them looked at each other in surprise "They're already at it!" Shirley laughed, "That's the easiest way to win; wait until the others eliminate each other first." Jong Kook also laughed. 
Not much later they located the other two teams, both on the ground floor near the entrance hall. When they saw their name tags they burst out laughing, now they understood the advantage they got with winning the previous games. The name tags from Ji Hyo's team where bigger then their own, and the name tags from Tohru's team where huge. Haha waved and signaled he was going in another direction to approach them from behind. Ji Suk Jin was alone now that Gary was out, they didn't see Tohru anywhere near, she was probably hiding somewhere, on the other end of the hall they heard Yoo Jae Suk, Kwang Soo and Ji Hyo together. Jong Kook gestured for them to walk back into the corridor they came from a short distance "Now that Gary is out Ji Suk Jin and Tohru are hardly a threat anymore, but the other team is even more so a problem. All three of them are very good and strong at name tag elimination, they'll be a serious problem to go up against." he whispered, Shirley nodded her head "Hopefully Haha will be able to attack them by surprise." she mused.
About ten minutes later there was another announcement "Ji Suk Jin out, Ji Suk Jin out.", "Oh poor Tohru, now she's all alone." Shirley said, Jong Kook looked a bit surprised at her remark "That's the first thing you think about? Not that it's a good thing Suk Jin is out, but that Tohru is left alone now?", she nodded, "That's sweet." he mumbled more to himself than anything else. She almost didn't catch it because there was immediately a second announcement "Haha out. Haha out.". That meant it was the two of them against the three strong opponents, or better to say, Jong Kook alone against the other three with her as extra baggage. 
"I guess it's time to go face them." Jong Kook said "Let's go.", he guided her back true the corridor and down a staircase to the ground floor where they new the other team would be. They walked carefully true the corridors, while Jong Kook lead the way and carefully looked around corners to make sure no one was about to surprise them. Suddenly he quickly signaled that she should back up a bit away from the corner, she could hear the other team down the hall. While Jong Kook carefully observed what the other team was up to Shirley waited a few steps back on the other side of the door leading towards the toilets. Suddenly she heard the soft sound of a door opening coming from inside the toilets, she hissed trying to get his attention but Jong Kook didn't hear it, she pressed her back against the wall and did the only thing she could think of. The moment someone walked out and she saw a name tag on his back she grabbed it and pulled hard, surprised Kwang Soo yelped and turned around, but he was already to late, somehow Shirley had his name tag in her hand and she was almost as surprised at it as he was. Jong Kook was immediately by her side, he had a big smile on his face seeing her holding the name tag, then they heard Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Hyo approach, they probably had heard Kwang Soo's surprised scream. Jong Kook grabbed Shirley's wrist "Run." he said laughing while pulling her along, they ran as fast as they could true the corridor and up the stairs, they ended up hiding in some classroom while catching their breath. True the speakers they heard "Kwang Soo out, Kwang Soo out.", still smiling from ear to ear Jong Kook looked at her "That was amazing! How did you do that?" he asked while giving her a high five, "I have no idea." Shirley honestly admitted, he laughed even more at that.
After they recovered from the sudden excitement they headed out again, there where still Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Hyo to go up against, and Tohru was also still hiding somewhere. After awhile they suddenly spotted Tohru, she walked pass at the the end of the corridor, heading towards the cafeteria. They quickly followed her into the cafeteria where she noticed them, Shirley knew that Jong Kook couldn't go up against Tohru because she was a girl, so she came out from behind Jong Kook and ran after her between the tables and chairs. 
Suddenly she heard Jong Kook yell her name and she looked up, she saw Ji Hyo and Jae Suk running towards her from the corridor on the other side of the cafeteria, but she had noticed on time thanks to Jong Kook and was able to run back towards him before they reached her. He stepped in front of her to protect her while she stood with her back against the wall, Jae Suk tried to grab Jong Kook's arms while Ji Hyo tried to get to his name tag. Shirley was pressed against the wall with Jong Kook right in front of her trying to fend of the other two Runningman. He was able to get Jae Suk's hands into one hand and grab one of Ji Hyo's arms with his other hand. With all three of them hardly able to move Shirley tried to attack Ji Hyo's name tag, while she reached for the name tag Ji Hyo turned away and Shirley followed her. But just before she could rip of the name tag entirely Ji Hyo somehow had freed herself from Jong Kook and grabbed hold of Shirley's name tag, Ji Hyo hugged her and ripped of her name tag. Totally exhausted Shirley sat down on the floor, she looked up at Jong Kook who was still holding Jae Suk's hands, "Sorry." she said defeated, Jong Kook let go of Jae Suk and squatted down next to her "It's ok, you did great." he told her. "Shirley out. Shirley out." came true the speakers, it made her grin "It's weird hearing your own name like that." she said, "Jong Kook out. Jong Kook out." came next, he smiled as well "I guess it would be weird indeed.". Not long after they arrived in jail the remaining three also entered, it wasn't much of a surprise anymore that Ji Hyo and Yoo Jae Suk had won.

After Ji Hyo's team received their prize filming ended and they where done for the day, it was already dark outside and the staff started to clean up and pack their stuff. The Runningman said their thanks and farewells to Tohru and Shirley, when it was Ji Hyo's turn to say goodbye to Shirley she hugged her and whispered softly "I hope you had a wonderful day today." and when she released their hug she gave a knowing smile, Shirley replied " I did, i definitely did." she smiled happily. Jong Kook was the last in line for saying farewell, awkwardly they shook hands and thanked each other, Shirley finally bowed her head to him for a last farewell and together with Tohru followed the staff member who would get a cab for them to get back to their hotels.