Confirmation

Que Sera Sera

"They looked good together, don't they?"

"Who?"

 

"Mina and Momo. Even their names almost sounds the same."

 

Jeongyeon looked puzzledly at Nayeon. They were walking back to their rented house after the festival and their friends are still talking about their friends' performance earlier. She looked at her roommate who was walking a few feet away from her, with her arms linked with Mina's.

 

"Why are you asking, unnie?"

 

"Nothing. I just noticed how great they looked together on that stage earlier. And Mina is always extra attentive to Momo. I wonder if Momo likes her. Come to think of it, Momo never mentions anyone she likes. Do you know, Jeong? She's your roommate after all."

 

"We don't actually have time to talk much, unnie. We just see each other in the morning and when I come home at night, she's already asleep. So, no. And I don't think she had mentioned anything."

 

Jeongyeon shook her head. It didn't cross her mind that her roommate might also like Mina, since they had knew each other first before coming to Korea. Jeongyeon felt guilty. Momo had always make ways for her to spend time with Mina, because she knows how much she likes Mina. Is she,unknowingly, hurting Momo in the process? She's going to find out later.

 

"Do you want to change rooms later? You know, so that they would be roommates?" Nayeon suggested. Jeongyeon looked at her skeptically. "I'll talk to Momo first, unnie. I'll text you later."

 

Nayeon smiled. She knows Momo would say yes. She'll not let her down.

 

***

 

"Momoyah.."

 

"Hmmmm?" Momo went out of the bathroom after she took a shower and is towelling her hair dry. She hang the towel on the chair and lie beside Jeongyeon. "What?"

 

"Yah! Are you going to sleep without drying your hair properly?!"

 

"But I'm so sleepy now...I'm tired you know."

 

Jeongyeon stood up and got her towel. She laid it on her legs and gestured Momo to lay her head on her thighs so she can towel her hair. Like a small child, Momo obediently laid her hair on the towel while Jeongyeon rubbed her hair.

 

"Momo..."

 

"Hmmm?"

 

"We've been friends for 3 years, and yet.. you never told me...if you are liking someone."

 

Momo turned to face her roommate. "And this is being brought up today because..?"

 

"Nothing. Nayeonie just said some something earlier that made me thinking..."

 

Momo's heart almost stopped. Does Nayeon know? Impossible.

 

"What did she say?"

 

"That you and Mina looked good together."

 

"Oh."

 

"Do you like her too Momo? I mean, if you like her too that's okay with me. I mean you don't need to give way or anything for my sake.."

 

Momo sat up and laughed.

 

"Why?"

 

"Because it's too funny. You're funny, Jeongyeonie."

 

"I'm being serious, Momo. It made me think, like last time, you went to Han River just to give me time with Mina. I mean, I thought you were jealous of us because I am with Mina?"

 

Momo laughed again. It's funny that Jeongyeon is almost right but with the wrong reason.

 

"I'm serious that when I said Jeongyeonie's happiness come first. But no, I don't like Mina. Not like that way, I mean."

 

Jeongyeon smiled. She pulled Momo back to her lap and towelled her hair again. "I'm glad. I feel guilty actually. I want you to be happy too, you know. If you like anybody, you're going to tell me, won't you? So that I can help you?"

 

"Sure. I'll tell you when that time comes." Momo snuggled to Jeongyeon who was still drying her hair. Jeongyeon smiled and caressed Momo's hair.

 

"Nayeon-unnie asked if I want to exchange rooms..."

 

"Hmmm...do you want to?"

 

Jeongyeon looked at Momo's almost asleep profile, snuggled comfortably on her lap. She pulled the comforter to Momo's shoulder.

 

"Only if you wanted to," Jeongyeon whispered.

 

But Momo didn't answer. She'd already fallen asleep.

****

"Why are you still not sleeping Nayeonie?" Mina looked at her roommate, walking to and fro and checking her phone every second.

"I'm waiting for Jeong's text. She was asking Momo for a room swap. So that you and Momo would be roommates. That's okay with you,isn't it Mina?"

Mina blushed. She didn't know she was obvious.

"I could check with them if you want." Mina volunteered. Nayeon nodded.

Mina quietly went to the room across theirs. She knocked lightly but no one answered. She gingerly pushed the door open and saw Jeongyeon asleep, her back on the headboard, with Momo's head on her lap. She knew Jeongyeon would wake up with a stiffed neck tomorrow so she propped a pillow behind Jeongyeon's back. Jeongyeon groaned but didn't wake up. 

She went to the edge of the bed and looked at the roommates. She looked at Momo sleeping soundly with the towel still on Jeongyeon's lap. Momo must have slept with her hair wet and Jeongyeon had to dry it. Again. 

She felt envious to Jeongyeon who was always there for Momo, but at the same time felt thankful that someone is taking care of her. 

"So, what did Jeongyeon say?" Nayeon asked her when she went back to the room.

"Uhm, they're already asleep unnie..."

"That Jeongyeon..." Nayeon huffed under the covers and muttered something under her breath.

"Unnie..."

"Mmmmm?"

" Do you think Jeongyeonie really had wanted to change roommates?"

"Well, she told me she would ask Momo."

"Because maybe unnie...they didn't want to. At all."