Affirmation

Que Sera Sera

Nayeon was in a bad mood and was banging the pots and pans as she was cooking breakfast. Mina tried to pacify Nayeon but shut it when the older gave her a glare. Mina sighed.

"Good morning unnie, Mina..."

Jeongyeon flopped down next to Mina and pour herself some cereal. Nayeon didn't glance at her but continued cooking brashly. She put the scrambled egg on a plate and almost throw the plate in front of Jeongyeon.

"Woah, unnie..what's with the early morning mood?"

"You seriously don't know, Yoo Jeongyeon?!"

Jeongyeon looked blankly at Mina. Mina shrugged and continued eating.

"What have I done this time?"

"More like what YOU DIDN'T do!"

Jeongyeon was racking her brain on the possible thing that she did or said to offend the older girl but she can't think of any. "I really don't know so just tell me!"

"You told me we are going to switch rooms last night and I was waiting for you to text and then... you were sleeping all along while I was waiting for you until midnight!

"Oh." Realization hit her and seeing Nayeon's flush face and pouty lips, she immediately went to back hug her to soothe her hurt feelings.

"I am really sorry, unnie. I was so sleepy so I fell asleep and forgotten to text. Momo even slept with her hair wet. I'll make it up to you today, how about it?"

Nayeon pouted more but her eyes were gleaming. "Okay, so for the whole day today, you have to accompany me! And you have to switch rooms with Mina so that she will be roomed with Momo."

Jeongyeon groaned. "Unnie, about that.."

"You don't want? Hmmmp!"

Jeongyeon sighed. If she would be honest, she would like to have Mina as her roommate, but seeing Nayeon angry melted her resolve.

"Okay, okay, if it's ok with Mina. And with Momo of course."

"Okay with what, Jeongyeonie?"

Momo entered the dining with eyes still half-closed and hair still in disarray. Mina smiled and poured her coffee.

"Thanks Mitang. You were saying Jeong?"

"Oh, she said we will swap rooms today so that you and Mina would be roommates." Nayeon interjected.

Momo looked at her roommate, who was kind of subtly shaking her head and mouthing no, and Nayeon looking angry for some reason. She doesn't want to be in the middle of drama so she shrugged.

'No prob with me unnie, IF Jeong would REALLY want to swap rooms. Do you?" she asked pointedly at her roommate.

Nayeon looked apprehensively at Jeongyeon and Jeongyeon sighed. She really didn't want to but since she owed Nayeon for ditching her last night she didn't have a choice.

"Okay unnie."

Nayeon squealed and hugged Jeong which she tried to escape. Momo raised an eyebrow but continued to eat.

"So do I vacate the room now unnie?"

"Oh, no, you can do it tonight, Mo. Jeongyeon AND I would be outside all day so no need to transfer now. But if you want..."

"Where are we going unnie?"

"It's a surprise!"

They continued to bicker and Mina looked at Momo who was silently eating her breakfast, looking so pensively.

"Momo-chan?"

"Hmmmm?"

"Do you want to go out with me?"

"Where?"

"Oh, where do you want?"

Momo looked at Nayeon showing Jeongyeon her aegyo and chasing her around the table.

"Anywhere but here."

Mina nodded. She plans on bringing back the smile on Momo's face.

"I have somewhere in mind."

****

As soon as Momo saw the building, she squealed like a little girl, Mina knew she made the right choice.

Momo ran to the building, eyes wide and shining, Mina chuckled. Momo looked like a 5-year old. "Oh, look Mitang! Giant teddy bears! Hurry!" Momo grabbed Mina's hands and pulled her inside. Momo was talking animatedly and Mina took out her dslr and capture Momo's pictures. Momo looked sheepishly at Mina to which Mina laughed.

"I knew you would like it here."

"Thanks for bringing me! You really know me so well, MInari!"

"Anything for my favourite Unnie."

They spent the whole day going around the museum and Mina offered to buy Momo the large teddy bear she had been eyeing.

"I love to Mitang, but Jeongyeon would not be pleased. She will tell me I have enough plushie to last me my whole lifetime and my bed is too small to keep him."

"Okay, so how about I buy you a small one, so that you can hug it? And when you do, you will remember me?"

Momo was trying not to blushed. "Oh, you would? Really?"

"Really. Or let's buy a pair. So that I have one too. So you could name yours Minari and I could name mine Momoring."

Momo hugged Mina sideways. "That doesn't sound so bad. If it's okay with you..."

Mina reciprocated the hug. " It's more than ok, Momoring. Cmon, let's choose."

After shopping for a bear, they went to the café and ate their lunch. They then went to Yeomji Botanical garden and Momo took the camera from Mina and took lots of pics of her with the beautiful flowers.

It's almost dinner when they went back and they saw two figures going back to the house.

"Jeongyeonie? Why are you piggybacking Nayeonnie?"

"Oh. You're both back. She's being a pabo and she slipped. So she sprained her ankle and I have to carry her all the way back."

Nayeon whispered a soft sorry and Jeongyeon sighed. Momo volunteered to carry Nayeon on her back.

"Cmon unnie, hop on. I could carry you! I am not Mochine for nothing." Jeongyeon relented because her leg is going to give way anytime. Momo tried to tell Nayeon how her date with Mina went and Nayeon smiled a little with Momo's antics. She carried Nayeon with ease and they went first to the house. Mina put her arms on the older's shoulder.

"You okay?"

"Been better Minari."

"Don't be too hard on her."

"I try not to be."

"She just wants to be with you."

"I know."

"It's not that bad."

"It was not. We actually had a good time hiking and hanging out on the beach. Maybe I'm just tired, she was not that light, and there was no taxi."

Mina pat Jeong's head.

"You had a great time? Looked like you went shopping with Momo."

"Huh? Oh, yeah. We went to the Teddy Bear Museum and the Botanical Gardens."

Jeongyeon saw Mina's gummy smile and she smiled on how happy she looks.

"Good thing that someone here had a great time."

"Momo's a great company."

"Yeah, she is that."

"Still keen on exchanging rooms?"

"I would actually like if you were my roommate—"

"What?"
Jeongyeon blushed with what she blurted. "I mean, I know Nayeon since we were children, and she sleep talk and well, maybe you are a better roommate—"

"Ahhh. Well, I do sleep talk too and kick a lot on my sleep. So I don't think so." Mina laughed.

"Do I need to warn Momo then?"

"Nah. She knows. We used to have sleep overs in Japan."

"That's good."

They've entered the house and Momo was propping Nayeon's feet up and making her comfortable.

"Need anything more unnie?I'll just get my things and carry you up the stairs, ok? Just make yourself comfortable. " And then Momo's gone.

Jeongyeon went up to the room and saw Momo getting her things and toiletries.

"You don't need to do this Mo."

Momo turned to look at her on the door but then continued to get her things.

"Why not?"

Jeongyeon has no words.

"I can take care of her if you can't Jeong. If it was Sana or Mina, I would have insisted since they've been my long time friends. . But I am not who she wants. She needs you more."

Jeongyeon just stood there watching her pack. Her heart feels heavy. But why?

"Why?"

"I—"

"If you are worried about Mina, I could sleep in the Maknae room."

Was that it?

"That's stupid Momo."

Momo shrugged. "Don't make unnie feel that you don't want her to be your roommate."

"Momo—"

"I would rather be her roommate, but again, it's not me whom she wants. And I know who YOU want."

With that, Momo went out leaving a gaping Jeongyeon.

Sometimes, Momo scares her. 

***

Momo piggied-back Nayeon to Jeong's bedroom and get her toiletries from the other room. 

"Already comfortable, unnie?"

"No need to be extra, Mo. I'm fine."

"If you need anything just text me, ok?"

"Ok."

Momo quietly went out the room and shut the door. She leaned on the door and put her hand to her heart. Her heart feel heavy, for some reason. She sighed. She walked towards the Minayeon room when she met Sana on the landing. Sana scrunched her forehead and looked at her childhood friend.

"You shouldn't be doing that Mo."

"Doing what?"

"Everything for other people."

"I do not."

"You're going to get hurt."

Who said I haven't? Momo thought.

"'I dunno what you talking about Sa-tang."

"C'mon Momoring, you keep on doing things for Nayeonie, for Jeong and Mina--you're flexing like a rubberband...I am afraid one day you are just going to snap."

It's scary how one person knew something about yourself that you, yourself doesn't know.

"i'm fine Sa-tang."

"Try to convince yourself more, Mo because you can't fool me."

"I was afraid you know me too much."

"What are childhood friends for?"

Momo smirked. "By the way where are you going?You probably didn't just get out of your room to annoy me?"
"I'm going to go to the sea side and have a drink."

"Can't sleep?"

"Room too hot."

"Really?Or is your roommate too hot?"

Sana blushes. "Same, same."

Momo laughed. "I'll come with you."

"You wanna call Mina?"

"Nah. She maybe asleep by now, let's go."

And the two went to grab some canned beers from the ref and went hand in hand to the sea shore.

***

Jeongyeon finished showering and find the room in semi-darkness, only the light from the lampshade illuminating the room. Nayeon was propped on a pillow, doing something on her phone.

"Momo already left?"

"Yeah."

"How's your foot?"

"Better. Not that swollen anymore. Jeong..I'm sorry.."

"For what?"
"For inconveniencing you."

"Not your fault unnie. C'mon, let's sleep."

A minute passed but Nayeon can't sleep.

"Jeong..."

"hmmm."

"I can't sleep."

"What do you want me to do?"

"What do you do when you can't sleep?"

"I watch Mukbang videos."

"Eeeeeh?"

"yeah. after that I fall asleep."

"That's weird."

"You want to watch?"

"Why don't you sing me to sleep?"

"Unnie, we are not 12."

"Well, you used to sing me to sleep whenever we had a sleep over. If you just didn't love cooking, you should have joined the College of Arts...you have so much talent and potential."

"Not as good as you though, Unnie."

"For me, you're the best." Jeong blushed on the compliment.

"C'mon, Jeong, please? Sing me any song so that I could sleep." And Nayeon pouted.

"Alright, alright."

She started humming and Nayeon moved closer to her. She casually drape her arm on Jeongyeon's waist and moved closer to the younger girl. Jeongyeon's right hand played with her hair and sing the songs she sang when they were 12. The songs that made Nayeon feel that she's the number one in Jeongyeon's heart. With a smile on her lips, she succumbed into slumber.