Drunk Mind, sober hearts

Que Sera Sera

Ji Hyo wouldn't have her skipping the weekly 'bonding night' that they have every Friday. No, Ji Hyo would be calling her phone until she steps inside their apartment and Ji Hyo can be very persistent. She was thinking of skipping so that she could avoid not only Jeongyeon before, now even Nayeon unnie and Mina. And she's very transparent, she can't apparently mask her feeling very well and they would immediately know something is wrong.

 

She knocked and entered the apartment that Ji Hyo, Sana, Mina and Nayeon are renting near the Uni. The maknaes are already there, watching some movies.

"Hi unnie! We're going to watch Marvel."

 

Momo squeezed herself in the middle of Chae and Tzuyu, leaning on their shoulders and closed her eyes.

"Tired?"Tzuyu asked.

 

Momo nodded. Chae felt her forehead. "You’re a bit flushed, Unnie, are you sick?"

Momo shook her head. 'Go and turn up the movie, I' ll just rest here."

 

Momo must have fallen asleep because when she opened her eyes, all 8 of her friends are already there watching the movie and munching some popcorn.

Jeongyeon was carrying a bucket of chicken wings and placed it on the table.

 

"Momo-yah. Chae said you were sick?"

Another 7 pairs of eyes were on Momo making her feel uncomfortable. She got one chicken wing and dipped it in Mayo.

 

"Nah, she's eating so she's ok," Sana said.

Everybody went back to watching movie except for Mina who was still staring at her. Jeongyeon offered her a chicken, which Mina accepted and they laughed about something Jeongyeon said. Momo sighed. Nayeon went to the kitchen and brought out bottles of soju.

 

'We're going to get wasted unnie?" Tzuyu eyed the fake maknae.

'Well, it's a Friday night. We need a break. What could possibly go wrong? Let's just have some fun!'

 

Everybody gathered closer and got one soju each. Momo swig hers down, causing Jeongyeon to pull the bottle away from Momo.

"Yah!"

 

"Take it slow, will you,Momo? Why are you such in a hurry?"

"You're not my mom, Jeongyeon. Give that back."

Jeongyeon continues to tease Momo with the bottle until Nayeon grabbed it and return to Momo.

 

"She can handle herself don't worry."

"Well, I don't want to clean if she barfs all over the place." Jeongyeon said, frowning. Nayeon saw how Jeongyeon glances at Momo's direction time to time. While Momo ignore everybody except for the Maknaes. Actually, she can feel that Momo's avoiding her since the school trip. She thought they were getting closer, but after they've returned from the school trip, she barely saw Momo. When they see each other she just murmur a quick hello then she disappears. Jeongyeon said she was staying in the library in the mornings that's why she can't join them for breakfast. Though she likes that she was able to spend more alone time with Jeongyeon, she kinda miss hanging out with Momo.

 

Watching Momo get wasted frustrated Jeongyeon that's why she decided to go out to the backyard where there was a swing muttering how stupid Momo is and how she can't understand what brought this to her roommate.

 

"You’re talking to yourself unnie?"

"Oh, Mina. Didn't realize you're there."

"Not really fond of drinking. May I join you?"

Jeongyeon gestured to the swing next to hers. Mina elegantly sits and swing slowly. She glance at Mina and marvel how beautiful she was, with the moon shining on her face, she looks ethereal. They sat in a companionable silence until Jeongyeon spoke up.

 

"Penny for your thoughts?'

"Just thinking what Momo said earlier this morning. Did you two had a fight?"

Jeongyeon scrunched his nose. What does Mina meant by that? "No. We didn't. None that I am aware of. Why?"

 

"I always see her alone in the library."

Jeongyeon has no answer to that.

 

"She seems so down lately. And in dance class she doesn't even talk. I'm just worried."

"What did she tell you earlier?"

 

"I dunno. Out of nowhere, she asked me about something about liking someone who likes someone else..."

Jeongyeon's eyes widened. "Momo? Likes someone? Is it somebody we know?"

 

"She didn't say anything, unnie. She was really vague about it... Do you think it is Sana?"

Jeonyeon frowned, Chae's words rang on her ears. That kiss might really meant something. And Sana had been chasing other girls constantly so there's a huge possibility that Sana is the one Momo's referring to.

 

"I dunno, Minari. We seldom have time to talk since she's been very busy this week." But she saw that fleeting hard look in Mina's face before the younger sighed.

"Ok,I'll talk to her when we get back to the dorm."

 

"You do that, Jeongyeon-unnie."

--

"You can stay for the night, you know? She can sleep on my bed," Mina offered.

 

"Thanks Minari, but we don't want to further inconvenience all of you. We can just take the cab." Jeongyeon pulled up Momo and slung her arms around her shoulders to assist her. 

"Cmon Momo-yah, up we go. Aish, this girl, I told you not to drink too much! Guys, we' ll take our leave now. See you Monday!"

Mina stayed looking at her two friends until they disappeared around the corner. She got her phone and texted Jeongyeon.

 

"Text me when you got home ok? Good night!"

Jeongyeon was able to hail a cab and carefully placed Momo at the back. The ride home was short, yet the walk from the stop to their dorm is quiet long. She decided to just piggyback Momo and groaned with the weight at her back.

 

"If you cannot handle your alcohol do not drink next time! Aish, pabo Momo! Why are you doing this, huh? Why did you drink too much?"

"Mitang..."

 

"Huh? What about Mina?"

"Wey'r shoooow mezzed up." Jeongyeon felt hot liquid on her neck. Momo is crying?

 

"Momo. What's wrong?"

"Ya sow dense Jeongwnie."

 

"Really? How did I became dense, Moguri?" Momo didn't answer and Jeong thought she might have fallen asleep. She struggled to fish the keys from her pocket. After entering the dorm, she placed Momo on the bed with a huff, her roommate is not exactly light.

Momo didn't stir even the older removed her shoes and sock. Jeongyeon then got a wet towel and wiped Momo's face. Momo groaned and tried to swat the towel from her face and Jeongyeon's hand.

 

"Yah! Momo! I am taking care of you and you push me away! Seriously, what had gotten into you that you got wasted? Do you have a problem?" Jeongyeon huffed and stood to go to the bathroom when Momo spoke up.

"It's because you're sooo stupid Yoo Jeongyeon." Jeongyeon looked at her roommate trying to sit on the bed, only managing to lean on the pillow at her back.

 

"You keep saying that. What did I do?"

"You don't even know."

 

"Know what?!" She's getting annoyed at Momo.Momo smirked and her annoyance level climbed up. She hates that smirk. She went back to sit on the edge of the bed and tried to make Momo sit so she can face her.

"Momo. Yah! Momo! What don't I know?"

 

"YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU DO TO ME! NAYEON UNNIE USED ME TO BE CLOSE TO YOU THEN YOU DITCH ME FOR HER AND THEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THAT I LIKE YOU BUT YOU LIKE MINA BUT MINA KISSED ME EARLIER BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY!"

Jeongyeon was stunned. Momo said a lot of things but there's only one thing that registered.

"You like me?"

 

"I, uh--"

"C'mon Momo, you better be not saying this because you're drunk."

 

"I am not!"

Jeongyeon chuckled and pull her closer.

 

"You like me? Since when?"

"I dunno. I just do."

 

Jeongyeon's face is dangerously close to hers and Momo felt herself blush. Jeongyeon was staring at her lips, and maybe, Momo's intoxicated state pushed her to be bold and closed the gap between them and captured Jeongyeon's lips into hers.

Fireworks. Perfect. Warm.

 

Jeongyeon was surprised by the turn of events, one time they were just talking and now, Momo seems to be impatient of something. Her hands held her tighter, closer if it's still more possible close the gap between them. Jeongyeon feels intoxicated with Momo's lips and she can't believe herself kissing Momo back.

She. Kissing her roommate. The one that she said that she's only friends with.

 

There's nothing friendly when Momo pulled her again in a kiss that seems to rob all the air from her lungs.They just parted to come up with air, and Jeongyeon held her in arms length.

"Wait, Momo. Woah, stop. You're drunk. If we're going to do this, i want to make sure you are aware and no regrets."

 

"Do I need to sign up any where Jeong? Or you're having doubts because it's not me who you like."

"And who do I like, Ms. Hirai?"

 

"I know you're inlove with Mina."

"Well, yes, I do like Mina..but.

 

Jeongyeon suddenly can't talk since Momo is nuzzling her neck, whispering sweet nothings and biting there on the base of her neck. She instinctively put her hands on Momo's hair and pulled her closer. Momo pulled her closer to her--one arm around her waist, another going under her tshirt and to her still clothed chest while her lips leaving wet kisses on her collarbone.

"Momo, I--"

 

Momo stopped and looked up at Jeongyeon. Face flushed, breathing hard, lips swollen.

"Do you want me to stop?"

 

Jeongyeon's breath hitched. Does she? She can't actually think straight while her roommate looked y with her hair tussled, and lips pouted. Jeongyeon felt something warm on her heart and cupped Momo's face.

"You're cute, you know that?"

 

"So you're rejecting me?"

It is taking jeongyeon all her self-control not to take Momo up with her offer but the girl is drunk and she is not. Jeongyeon moved closer to her and pull her to lay on on the bed beside her.

 

"If tomorrow and you're not drunk anymore...and you'd still want me.. I will be here Mo."

Momo smiled as she hugged Jeongyeon closer, snuggled closer and put her arms around Jeong's waist.

 

Jeongyeon smiled when Momo snored softly. She may love Mina, but this girl is warming her heart in a inexplicable way. She closed her eyes and held the girl tighter...leaving a smile on her lips.