Parallel Lovelines

Que Sera Sera

"Welcome to Wiggly Penguin!"

Jeongyeon automatically says when she heard the door chime ring.

When she looked at the door she was surprised to see Nayeon, Momo and Mina approaching the counter.

She looked quizzically at Momo who shrugged and she blushed when Mina smiled at her. She nodded to Nayeon who is looking at the menu.

"What will you have unnie?"

Nayeon smiled widely and enumerated their order.

"One iced americano, one blackforest and one cookies and cream latte, then that apple sandwich and one order of buffalo wings."

"Not really hungry?" Jeongyeon teased.

"Nah, lost a bet. Treating these two losers to some tasty chicken wings."

"Momo can't really handle spicy things. Do you want me to change that to BBQ?"

"Really? Ok. BBQ it is."

"Coming right up!"

Nayeon returned to their seat at the patio. Jeong had told them before that they build the patio around the tree. The tree provides the shade from the sun and the air is fresher in this side of the cafe.

The three girls talked chat amicably until Chaeyoung placed their orders on their table.

"Hello, unnies!"

"Hi Chae!" Momo placed a hand on her head and messed up her hair.

"Momo Unnie!"

"you're so cuuute Son Chaeyoung!"

Mina laughed at their younger friend. "Can't you join us Chae? Until what time is your shift?"

Momo saw Chaeyoung blushed. Hmmm this looked interesting...

"Not yet unnie. But Hyung will be on break in 10 minutes maybe I can ask her?" To which Nayeon nodded excitedly. "Yes, please tell her to join us."

Momo just rolled her eyes. Minari saw it and laughed silently.

"Let's eat! Itadekimasu!"

When they were eating Jeongyeon came and pulled up a chair between Momo and Nayeon.

"Momoyah, moved a little. So hows the coffee?"

Mina spoke up. "The best. Also the bento earlier, it's delicious. As usual."

Jeongyeon laughed but she looked smug.

Nayeon munched on her chicken wings. "Momo is lucky she always gets to eat all those delicious stuff. Pack her a bento everyday!"

"Unnie!"

Jeongyeon scratched her head. "I'll try Unnie. I only gave it to Momo because--"

"Jeong!"

Momo widened her eyes and shook her head at Jeongyeon.

Nayeon eyed Momo. "Why?"

"Nothing."

Minari is looking at Jeongyeon. "So why did you make Momo a bento?"

Mina looking at her intensely made Jeongyeon nervous all of a sudden.

"Momo's sulking since Nayeon unnie didn't leave her some bake mac that's why I was forced to make something for her." She heard Momo sighed.

Minari didn't look convinced but smiled at Jeongyeon. "You’re such a great friend to Momoring." Jeongyeon blushed again. She suddenly stood up.

"Anyway, Break's over! I need to go back. Nice chatting with you guys. I'll see you at the dorm." she told Momo. "Bye unnie, Minari." with a wave, Jeongyeon went back to the counter.

"Unnie, until what time are we going to stay? I still have tons of assignments to do." Momo whined.

Nayeon looked over Jeongyeon's direction, watching her make coffees and sighing a lot. "You can do your homework here. I think there's wifi here. Let's ask Jeong for the password."

Nayeon went over to the counter and talked to Jeong about the wifi. Momo sighed and looked helplessly to Mina.

"Back me up here, Mitang!"

Mina looked amused.

"I dont have anything to do at the apartment anyway Momo. And I enjoy accompanying you."

"But..."

"If you want I could help you with Trigo."

Momo sighed. She want nothing but go home and sleep, and maybe catch up with their laundry. But Mina stood up and went to the counter as well. When she went back, she bought Momo sandwiches and coffee.

"Is this a bribe?" Momo teased.

"Anything for my favorite Unnie."

And they put their heads together solving the math problems. Mina explained patiently how to solve it using the formulas. Momo didn't notice the time and was surprised it's Jeongyeon's and Chaeyoung's end of shift.

"You all really waited for me, didn't you?" Jeongyeon teased.

Nayeon pouted. She made sure Mina and Momo stayed with her and gave them time for themselves, making Minari all smiley and a little talkative than her usual self. "Well these two have been spouting mathematical equations I have to leave them or else I would have a nose bleed."

"Did you finish your homework, Momoyah?"

"I did, thanks to Minari." Jeongyeon raised an eyebrow to Momo and turned to Mina. "It's her who should treat you, being your tutor and all. Knowing Momo, you worked very hard."

"Yah, Yoo Jeongyeon, what do you mean by that?!" and hit Jeongyeon on the head playfully.

"Nothing!"

They continued bantering until they reach the bus stop, then Jeongyeon turned to Mina.

"I will love to see you three home, but I have an early class tomorrow. Chaeyoung can you go home together? Your house is in the same way, right?"

Chae nodded. "Yes Hyung, don't worry I can take them home."

They bid each other goodbye and Momo and Jeongyeon waited for their bus. Jeongyeon saw Momo yawning thrice and her eyes are almost close.

"Yah. Don't sleep on me, momoring. Why didn't you go home earlier? You looked very tired. You could have slept at the dorm."

"Can't. Peach sister duties. And Mina said she's not going to be doing anything at home so..."

Jeongyeon shrugged. She's actually happy Mina stayed at the cafe, she don't usually see Mina for long periods of time, and having her in the cafe makes her happy.

" Oh, there's our bus! "

As soon as Momo sat down her seat, she leaned her head on the window. She's already asleep within a minute, having a sleepless night the night before. Jeong saw her roommate already asleep, however because of the humps on the streers, she bumps her head on the window many times, but being Momoring, she still is fast asleep.

"Aish, this pabo.Come here. "

She pulled Momo's head to lean on her shoulders instead. Momo turned her body and find that comfortable nook on Jeongyeon's neck and shoulders. Jeong held her head to keep her head on place.

How does this person survived without someone else taking care of her? Momo is such a child most of the time, needing the most care among the Japanese sisters. Her cluelessness about some things bring about the protective instincts of everybody around her. Jeongyeon doesn't want to admit it, but she sees how a certain person is taking care of Momo and she doesn't know what to feel. Because right, now Jeongyeon found herself doing it too.P