Confession

Que Sera Sera


Nayeon knew something is up, she just can't pinpoint what. She received a text so early Monday morning that instead of having breakfast from the joint where they always eat, Jeongyeon said she will cook. 

"Hi, unnie, come in, come in." Nayeon's eyebrow raised. Jeongyeon sounded, perky. And it's not even 6am. Usually she is so grouchy.

Nayeon went straight to the table and sat infront of the dishes that has already been prepared. 'Wow, these look delicious!" Jeong sat in front of her and started to eat too, since they both have an 8 oclock class. 

"Oh, unnie, you're here."

"Momo."

"I'll go first, unnie, I have to go to the library."

But before Momo passed them, Jeong grabbed her arm and make her sit. "No, eat breakfast first."

"But Jeong..."

"No buts." And Jeongyeon got her a plate and heaped the food onto it. Nayeon's eyebrow shot up to Jeong's inistence that Momo ate. She picked up a spoon and try to feed Momo but Momo leaned away. "I can do it Jeongyeonie." Momo didn't have  a choice, she put her bag on the floor and ate silently, her head down. She ate as fast as she could, not wanting to go with Jeongyeon and Nayeon to school.

"I'm done, thanks for the food!" Jeongyeon frowned at her, seeing the empty plate. For some weird reason, Nayeon saw that Momo stood up, almost lean towards Jeongyeon before she stop herself and blushed.  

"I'll be going first, Mina might be waiting already. Bye, Nayeonie."

And she's out of the door.

Nayeon shook her head. "Momo is like a hurricane, very unpredictable." Jeongyeon stared at the door Momo disappeared to. "Yeah, yeah she is."

--

"Stupid Momoring!" Momo muttered to herself while she was walking to the bus stop. She almost went and kissed Jeongyeon in front of Nayeonie earlier, having been kissing Jeonyeon the whole weekend. They had spend the whole Saturday kissing and cuddling until Jeongyeon went to her part-time job and after she went home at night, kissed Momo until they both fell asleep. The whole Sunday, Jeongyeon doesnt have work, so they stayed inside, watched movies while cuddling, kissed some more and eat. Jeongyeon is insatiable, Momo felt herself blush. Though they didnt go beyond kissing, she would always kiss her first in every opportunity there is. Sana's words rang into her mind. 'You're gonna get hurt, Momo." She knows that...because for Jeong, this is just something platonic, like just touching of lips and nothing more. But for Momo, it will never be platonic. She is deeply inlove with her roommate and these kisses would always mean something more. 

"Oh, Mina, you're here...?

"I got here first. It seems like you woke up late today."

"Jeongyeon cooked breakfast and forced me to eat first."

"I see. So you and Jeongyeon are ok now, huh?"

"Huh?"

"I told her to talk to you..you seems so down these past days. But now you look kind of cheerful so maybe you're feeling better." 

Momo nodded and smiled at the younger girl. "Thank you for always looking after me Mitang, though I am technically older."

Mina smirked at her. "Because you look like a baby."

"I am not!"

"Yes, you are!"

"Is that why you kissed me?"

"Ah, no , Momo--"

Their conversation got cut-off because of the ringing of the bell. Momo picked up her books. "We'll talk about it later, Minari. I'll see you later for lunch." And she went first to her class which is in the other end of the building. 

Mina sighed. What will she tell Momo? Is she ready to confess?

--

Momo's professor overtimed so by the time she reached the cafeteria all of her friends are already eating. She saw Jeongyeon waved at her but as she went closer, she was beside...Mina, and she had been spoonfeeding her with food that she had cooked earlied and packed in a bento.

"Jeongyeonie, these tastes great!" Mina gushed. Jeongyeon smiled at her and looked very proud. Since Momo didn't have a chair, she pulled one from the other table and sat down next to Tzuyu. 

"What did you get?"

"Salad."

"Eww."

"It's tasty."

"Rabbit's food."

"Momo, come here! I've saved you some food!" And Jeongyeon opened another bento to which her all friends squealed.

Chayeoung whined. "Why does Momo unnie get the delicious one! I've been asking for those since we started and you just saved it for Momo-unnie!"

Jeongyeon chuckled. "She's my roommate." "But I am your dongsaeng! Blood is thicker than water isn't it?"

Momo shrugged. "Eat my share cub. I'll just grab a salad."

"But you hate salads!" Jeongyeon protested but Momo ignored her and went in line to the counter. Ji Hyo is looking back and forth to the two. Jeongyeon grumbled to Chaeng that it was her fault that Momo would be eating leaves. Mina stood up and accompany Momo on the line and she saw them ordering meat and sweets. After a few minutes, Mina was bearing a tray with cake slices to the delight of her friends. Nayeon fought for the blueberry cheesecake with Jeong and they had to settle with a rock-scissor-paper to which Jeong won. Nayeon pouted and picked the lemon cheesecake instead but Jeongyeon laughed and let her take a bite unto her cake. Momo on the other hand was trying her hardest to eat the Caesar salad in front of her, her only consolation is that she put heaps of mayonaise on it. JI Hyo sighed. This is going to get complicated in the long run. Should she intervene?

Sana leaned close to her face shich startled her. "Don't"

"Don't what?"

"Don't mind them. They are grown-ups. They can handle themselves."

"I know. But I won't be able to handle it if they hurt each other and we fall apart." Sana nodded but still she is too close for Ji Hyo's comfort.

"Would you be able to handle me?"

"I beg your pardon?" Ji HYo's eyes widened. 

Sana laughed and their other friends look at her direction. "Just kidding. You look so serious, Ji."

The bell rang and each of them grabbed their things and prepared to go to their separate ways. But it didn't escape Ji HYo how Jeongyeon waited for Momo and walked a little slower than everybody else, wipe some chocolate from Momo's lips and looked softly on the girl. Momo blushed but walked to the other direction with Mina.

Ji Hyo sighed. She would talk to the girl when she finds the time. 

--

It was already 6pm when Momo finished her practice and she saw Mina standing beside the gate. She ran towards the girl.

"Hey."

"Momo."

"Who are you waiting for?"

"You. You said we are going to talk right?"

"Oh. You didn't text me. I should have come out earlier and didn't make you wait."

They walked in silence to the bus station. "Momoring, I--"

"Hmmm?"

"About last Friday..."

Momo looked at Mina looking so flustered. "It's okay."

"Which is?"

"The kiss. I know you just want to prove your point to me, that's why you kissed me."

"Oh." Mina blushed on how casual Momo was taking it. "So you are not angry at me?"

Momo laughed."Why would I be angry at you, our precious Minari?"

"I dunno. I was afraid you are going to take it wrongly."

"it doesn't mean anything right?"

Mina stopped walking and looked at Momo.Is it really nothing for her?

"No. " Mina whispered.

"I'm sorry?" Momo looked at her confusingly. Mina would like to smack Momo for being so clueless. She looked squarely at Momo and took a deep breath.

"No, Momo. It does mean something to me. You mean so much more to me."